Crockpot Hashbrown, Sausage Egg & Cheese Casserole
With just 6 days left until Easter, many of us are planning what to serve or bring to the big dinner, as well as how to decorate and add the extra touches that make our holidays memorable. Colleen of Souffle Bombay and Heather of Real: The Kitchen and Beyond decided to gather 26 bloggers to share some of their Easter Entertaining Ideas with you!
If you are like me, Easter morning is not all sunshine and rainbows. There are 3 kids to get ready in their Easter best, photos to take and chances are that some one will be crying. Chances are that person will be ME!
My contribution to the #AllThingsEaster blogger collaborative is a crockpot hash brown, sausage, egg and cheese casserole. I love this because it is easy to assemble the night before, has all the flavors my family loves and is made in a crockpot! Who doesn’t love that!
Crockpot Hashbrown, Sausage, Egg & Cheese Casserole
- 1 26-30 oz. bag of shredded, frozen hash browns
- 12 eggs
- 1 pound bulk sausage
- 1 15 oz. can cream of mushroom soup
- 2 bell peppers, diced (red, green, yellow or a combination)
- 1 medium onion, diced finely
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 8 oz shredded cheese (cheddar, swiss, monterey jack, the choice is yours)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- Brown the sausage until cooked through.
- In the sausage drippings, cook the peppers,onion and garlic so they are cooked yet still crisp.
- In a large bowl combine the cream of mushroom soup, salt and pepper with the frozen hash browns. I used shredded hash browns but if you have diced, go ahead and use them. I won’t be there looking over your shoulder!
- In a separate bowl, crack and whisk the 12 eggs until blended.
Time to Assemble!!
- Spray your crockpot with non stick spray for easier clean up. No non stick spray? No worries. You can just spend extra time scrubbing the crockpot.
- Start with the hash brown mixture and spread 1/3 of the mixture on the bottom of the crockpot.
- Next cover with 1/2 the sausage and veggie mixture and 1/3 of the shredded cheese.
- Add a second layer of the hash brown mixture.
- Add the second half of the sausage and veggie mixture and the second 1/3 of the shredded cheese mixture.
- Add the final layer of the hash brown mixture.
- Pour the dozen eggs over the layers.
- Finish with the last 1/3 of shredded cheese.
Time to cook!
- Cook on low over night. Do not go over 10 hours or the hash browns begin to lose their integrity. We all want to eat hash browns with integrity.
Are you in need of a Crockpot/Slow cooker? Here are some that might fit your needs: