This Kale Avocado Green Smoothie Recipe is perfect for the person who wants to try a green smoothie but hates kale.
I have bene trying to increase my vegetables, more specifically my green leafy vegetables. There is SO MUCH GOOD in the dark greens but my tastebuds say no way José. BUT, with this recipe I am able to get LOTS of vegetables in a smoothie and my tastebuds don’t know the difference!
- 4-5 kale leaves (stem removed)
- ½ ripe avocado
- ½ cup vanilla yogurt
- Orange juice ( to thin it to desired consistency)
- Chia seeds (optional)
- Remove the stem and tough vein from the kale leaves. Tear into small pieces.
- Slice avocado in half and remove pit. Cover remaining avocado tightly with plastic wrap for later use.
- Blend first 3 ingredients in a food processor (add chia seeds too if you choose this option).
- Stream in the orange juice until the smoothie is of the consistency of your choosing.