4 Ingredient Apple Dump Cake
One of the first things I learned to make when I was a kid was 4 ingredient apple dump cake. I was so proud of myself that I could make SOMETHING that turned out delicious…every time. This recipe went to pot lucks, ladies luncheons and even youth group events. It is a hit no matter where you take it.
By keeping a few ingredients in your pantry you are able to be this yummy dessert any day of the week. You can be extra fancy and make your own apple pie filling but when you are in a rush, as I usually am, taking help from a can of pre-done filling is just what you need. I added freshly grated nutmeg to this recipe. It is not needed but I think it adds that ONE extra THING that makes everyone think…. what IS THAT? Nutmeg. The answer is always nutmeg.
- 1 stick butter, melted
- 1 box Spice Cake Mix
- 2 cans Apple Pie filling (21 oz. each)
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- fresh grated nutmeg, optional
- Heat oven to 350 and spray a 9×13 pan with non stick spray.
- Melt butter
- Add Spice Cake Mix to the butter and combine until crumbly.
- Empty 2 cans of apple pie filling into prepared pan.
- Sprinkle with cinnamon and nutmeg, if wanted.
- Top with cake mix/butter mixture.
- Bake at 350 for 20-25 minutes or until the edges bubble.
- Enjoy with a scoop of vanilla ice cream!