Easy Vegetable Stir-fry To Go
We are well into our back to school routine and I almost have a rhythm to packing lunches. Almost. The kids have what they want and now it is time for my husband and myself to have what we want for lunch.
He likes quick and easy that he can heat up in the microwave.
I like portion control and layers of flavor.
We both want something that is healthier than take out and preferably home made. Not asking for much, right!? I am pretty sure I am not the only one with these requirements when it comes to packing lunches.
Here is my recipe for a quick and easy vegetable stir-fry to go! I have paired it with Minute® Ready to Serve Rice in the Jasmine variety but you also have the option of paring your stir-fry with any of the other Minute Ready To Serve Varieties.
Check out your menu of options:
- White Rice
- Brown & Quinoa
- Basmati Rice
- Brown Rice
- Brown & Wild Rice
- Multi-Grain Medley
- Whole Grain Medley
Here is a quick video showing you how I make this recipe:
- 2 Tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 package of fresh stir-fry vegetables (produce section) OR
- 1/4 cup brocoli
- 1/4 cup snap peas (or snow peas)
- 1/2 cup sliced red onion
- 1 cup sliced bell peppers (red, green, yellow or a mix)
- 1/4 cup your favorite stir-fry sauce
- 2 Tablespoons chopped peanuts (or more if you like them a lot!)
- Minute Rice Ready to Serve (your choice but I love the Jasmine for this recipe)
- Heat 2 tablespoons of vegetable oil in a wide skillet.
- Add the broccoli and peas to the hot oil and sauté for 1 minute.
- Add the onion and sauté for 1-2 minutes or until color starts to appear on the onions.
- Add the bell peppers and sauté 2-3 minutes or until tender, yet crisp
- Add the stir fry sauce and heat until it bubbles.
- Remove the cover of the Minute Ready Rice and microwave 1 minute.
- Serve the vegetable stir-fry over the rice, sprinkled with chopped peanuts….OR
- Cool the vegetables completely and portion into single serve containers.
- Pack a Minute Ready Rice cup and a vegetable portion for lunch tomorrow!
Want to know a secret?
I am BAD at making rice. Bad. It is almost a joke at dinner time to see how close to ‘right’ I can make the rice. I know it is suppose to be simple, follow the instructions and BOOM you have rice. But I am missing something. I am also bad at making chocolate chip cookies and rice cripy treats. I don’t know what is wrong with me!!
So this is why I love the Minute Ready Rice single serve cups for packing lunches. I don’t have to make rice ahead of time and HOPE that it is correct. I know that it will be the correct texture, flavor and the single serve cups ensure there is no waste or leftovers!
I have even been keeping extras in the cabinet for when the picky kid in the family wants to eat rice and taco meat…. for the fourth time this week.
1 minute in the microwave and I don’t have to clean another pot!
Weather you make this recipe specifically to make your lunch packing task simpler or if you use the leftovers for tomorrows lunch it is SUPER easy to toss a Minute Ready to Serve rice cup in your lunch bag.
This is a sponsored post written by me on behalf of Minute® Ready to Serve Rice.