One Pot Chili Mac And Cheese
You know the drill.
It is a week night, the kids will be home from soccer practice any minute, you have a DAY at work but it is DINNER TIME!
What are you going to do? You don’t want to make a huge mess with a lot of pans to put together a delicious meal. So you use this recipe for one pot chili mac and cheese to bring a delicious meal to the table, FAST.
Here is my hint:
DON’T drain the fat from the meat. BROWN the meat FIRST and use the fat to saute the garlic and onion.
- 8 ounces ground beef (I use 80/20)
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 onion, diced
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 1 (14.5-ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 3/4 cup canned white kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 3/4 cup canned kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 10 ounces (2 1/2 cups) elbows pasta
- 3/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Brown ground beef in a heavy bottom pot. Cook until no longer pink. Add garlic, onion, and cook until tender.
- Stir in chicken broth, tomatoes, beans, chili powder and cumin; season with salt and pepper, to taste. Bring to a simmer and stir in pasta. Bring to a boil; cover, reduce heat and simmer until pasta is cooked through, about 15 minutes.
- Stir in cheese.
- Serve immediately.