The holiday season is upon us and the kids are making their list and checking it twice, or seventeen times. I know that often I over look the stocking and the items that go into them. I am sure I am not the only one! This year I am not going to have empty stockings for my family and you shouldn’t either!
Here is what I am getting for my family.
Here is my hint: It doesn’t have to fit IN the stocking to still qualify as a stocking stuffer. (At least not in my house!)
Stocking Suffers: Stuff You Need
Well Dressed Dad
- Hanes® with FreshIQ™ undershirts and underwear for dad. What is FreshIQ, you ask and why does my husband need it, you ask. Good question! Activities, emotions and the environment can give clothes an unwanted odor. FreshIQ attracts and kills odor-causing bacteria thereby reducing unpleasant odors from clothing. Fresh underwear is a great way to start out the new year.
- Hanes® with FreshIQ™ Comfort No Show Socks. The same technology that is featured in the underwear and the undershirts can be found the the no show socks. If you have a dad that is still rockin’ a tall sock when he needs to be wearing a no show sock NOW is the time to slip them into his stocking.
- Pomade. For the dad who wants to go beyond hairspray and keep his hair style the envy of all he needs a bit of matte pomade. This is a water-based pomade with a strong hold, citrus scent and matte finish.
- Classic Watch. When was the last time dad got a new watch? Does he even have a nice watch? Let dad be the classy guy who has a beautiful time piece on his wrist and is not always pulling out the smart phone to check the time. I love this Daniel Wellington watch because you can customize it with different bands. Something for ever look.
- Beard Oil. If the dad in your life has decided that this is the year that he is going to grow out a beard he needs beard oil. Turns out, growing a beard involves more than just not shaving the hair on your face. There is maintenance. Let me tell you from expereince that to have a kissable beard, beard oil is needed.
- Beaded Bracelet. You will notice that the more fashionable dads are wearing small beaded bracelets in addition to watches. I would give dad with 2 so that he can maintain a rule of thirds when it comes to accessories. Keeping an odd number of accessories on his wrist.
- Bottle Opener Dads always like to be prepared. Give dad a classy bottle opener to keep in his pocket so he can be the bottle opening hero at parties.
We have a tradition of giving new pajamas to be opened Christmas Eve. This way when we all wake up on Christmas Morning we all have fresh pajamas and we look fabulous for Christmas morning photos. Give dad the Hanes X-Temp™ Men’s Microfleece Sleep Set X-Temp technology is designed to adapt to Dad’s temperature and activity to keep him cool and dry for all day comfort. Plus they are tagless!
- Hanes Sport™ Women’s Seamless Racerback Sports Bra. If the mom in your life (or YOU!) is anything like me she dabbles in exercise. Or if she is like the rest of the country, come January she will be trying to maintain a fitness and health goal to exercise. I have found that the last thing I want to be fighting when I am exercising, is an underwire. Cool DRI® technology wicks away moisture for maximum comfort and we are all striving for maximum comfort when we are trying to reach our fitness goals.
Just like Dad, Mom is going to be needed fresh pajamas for Christmas morning. How beautiful are the Hanes Ultimate™ Mandarin-Collar Pajamas? If mom is going to be anywhere near getting in the Christmas morning photos she will need some cute PJ’s. Also give mom something a little bit more than a coffee mug to hold her morning Joe. Check out this Camera Lens stainless steel coffee mug. It will make people do a double take when she is sipping her coffee from a ‘camera lens’.
I have 2 tween girls in my house and let me tell you, they can be hard to shop for and very particular. This is what I would suggest to stuff the stocking of the tween girl in your life.
The LEGO Christmas Ornaments Book. My Lego Loving girls are going to have fun creating ornaments out of their legos for the tree! Packed with step-by-step instructions for 15 charming builds, The LEGO Christmas Ornaments Book is the perfect family activity this holiday season.
Kindle Paperwhite E-reader. We are HUGE book fans in our house. If you are looking for an -Reader for your tween the paperwhite is the one for you. The back lite is a MUST and it has a no glare screen so she can read on the beach. A single charge will last for weeks and there is nothing distracting, like games on this e-Reader.
365 The Happy Planner. With so much technology in her life it is nice for your tween to slow down for a bit and actually write things in a planner. Feel the texture of the pages, write with a beautiful pen and use Washi tape to express herself and plan her days and weeks. Organization is a must for a tween girl.
Lipstick-Sized Portable Charger. I know I JUST talked about getting your tween girl to slow down and step away from technology but rest assured, there is no furry like that of a tween girl who is without power for her electronics. While she is working on her planner she can be charging her Kindle with this lipstick sized portable charger.
If your tween girl is anything like mine, they are growing and outgrowing all the things in their closet. Christmas time is the perfect time to refresh the essentials in her drawers.
- Hanes Girls’ Crew Socks. She might have gotten new socks for back to school but the lost sock pile has eaten half of them. It is time for new. These socks have the comfort toe and are white at the top so they are school uniform approved!
- The Wet Brush. If your tween has hair of any considerable length, they NEED the wet brush. This brush has stopped the tears in our house of brushing through tangled hair. I wish it was around when they were little! It would have save ME tears!
- Hanes Girls’ Cotton Leggings. Winter is here and if she is willing to admit it or not, her legs are going to get cold when she wears skirts or dresses! These footless cotton leggings are a must.These cotton leggings are the perfect combination of style and comfort for girls on the go!
- Hanes Girls’ Cami. My girls have grown out of undershirts so Cami’s are the solution to layering. A great solution to when she wants to wear a shirt but the arm opening is too large.
What about that little boy who is in the 5-7 age range? What is he looking for in his stocking?
Here are my suggestions:
Donate Socks This Holiday Season
According to the National Law Center on Homelessness Poverty, an estimated 2.5 million to 3.5 million Americans experienced homelessness last year. One of the impacts of homelessness is the physical toll. People who are homeless walk an average of 10 miles per day, putting more wear on their socks in one week than the average American does in one year. HanesBrands has donated more than 1.9 million pairs of socks to The Salvation Army since launching the program in 2009.
YOU can join in this effort by visiting one of 160 HanesBrands Outlet stores across the country. Collection bins are located at checkout counters, making it easy to donate as purchases are made. Store employees will distribute the donated socks to local nonprofit organizations. Visit Hanes.com/hanesforgood for information on additional ways to give during the holiday season.