Fall is here, or as I like to call it ‘Blanket Scarf Season’! Blanket scarves are a wonderful accessory but if you don’t know how to tie one it can be a bit overwhelming. If you love square blanket scarves as much as I do but don’t know how to tie a square blanket scar, I am here to show you ten ways.
10 Easy Ways To Tie A Square Blanket Scarf
A lot of people wait for fall for the pumpkin spice latte. I appreciate their excitement but what I look forward to is jeans, boots and BLANKET SCARVES!
Enjoy this short video that demonstrates how to tie a square blanket scarf in 10 different styles.
How to tie a square blanket scarf.
Please note that I have NO IDEA if these are actual names of these style. Basically, this is how I refer to them. If it helps you, then great!
- 3 Points ~ Fold scarf in a large triangle. Drape the scarf around your shoulders with the large point hanging in front of you. Wrap the long ends around your neck and pull around and down, tucking under the large point. Fluff as needed.
- 3 Points Pulled Through ~ See above instructions for 3 points but push the long ends up and over the large point.
- Long Bib ~ Tie two opposite ends together and slip over your head. Fluff.
- Shawl Jacket ~ Fold the scarf in a large triangle. Drape around your shoulders and tie the two ends in a small knot behind your back. (it might take some practice) Slip your arms through the newly formed arm holes.
- Side Wrap ~ Fold the scarf in a large triangle. Slide the majority of the scarf off to one side of your outstretched arms. Wrap the larger section around your body and over your opposite shoulder. The larger section should secure the smaller section.
- High Front Drape ~ Fold the scarf in a large triangle. Drape the scarf over your shoulders from your front to your back. Tug the scarf down so it is tight up to your neck.
- Muffler ~ Fold the scarf in a large triangle and gather it into a long tube. Wrap around your neck, tuck and fluff.
- Full Shawl ~ Simply drape a scarf, folded in half over your shoulders, shawl style.
- Over The Shoulder Drape ~ Drape a scarf folded in half, over one shoulder.
- Low Front Drape ~ Fold the scarf in a large triangle. Drape the scarf over your shoulders from your front to your back. Tug it low off your shoulders.
What size is an oversized blanket scarf?
Over sized blanket scarves can very in dimensions but I like to use scarves that are approx. 52″ x 52″/132 cm x 132 cm. This size is the one I use when I am showing you how to tie the blanket scarf in this video.
Plaid blanket scarves under $20
How do you wash a large blanket scarf?
I love my blanket scarves but with anything they need to be washed from time to time. Be sure to follow all manufacture instructions but here are some simple instructions for acrylic blanket scarves.
- Spot clean when possible.
- Hand wash cold, dry flat; or dry clean
- Do not machine wash, it is better not to wash with colorful clothing.
What do you wear with a blanket scarf?
Blanket scarves are a versatile fall and winter accessory that is both beautiful and functional. I love to style my blanket scarves with jeans and tall boots. Also a simple a-line dress in a solid color pairs well with a colorful plaid scarf in complimentary colors.
Blanket scarves took wonderful under leather jackets, pulled up around your face.
Long tunics are complimented with a blanket scarf.
My love of Blanket Scarves as told by Instagram:
Fall is in full effect in my part of the country and that means I am constantly wearing blanket scarves. Last weekend we went to pick pumpkins with the family and I thought it would be fun to style the Mariska Sweater Poncho poncho from @aventuraclothing (shown in heathered grey) with one of my favorite fall colored scarves. The poncho is like a great layering piece that is going to take me well into the winter months. It gives me the fall layered look that I love! I am feeling the low booties but wonder if I should have worn my riding boots. What do you think? #ad #aventura #aventuralife
I might be flooding your feed with my photos of me in a #blanketscarf. But seriously…. I love them. So much. I wear them with a jacket such as this #whitedenim one. Or as a cape. Or fluffed around my neck. So much love for a blanket scarf. Search ‘scarf’ on the link in my profile for 10 easy ways to tie a blanket scarf. I have a video for you!!
I recently did some shopping at @express and fell in love with a mini #shirtdress It has a tie at the waist but my figure does not take well to a tie at the waist 😜 I opted instead to accessorize with one of my favorite #blanketscarf from my ever growing collection. The booties 👢 are @stevemadden (Madden Girl) and they compliment so many of my outfits. My 👜 is a souvenir from out trip to France 🇫🇷 last year. It is #LongChamp. As always I have an arm full of #charmedarms with my @alexandani bangles If you would like to @liketoknow.it tap a ❤ and you will get links to all the items in this post 👉🏼 http://liketk.it/2pyvf Plus a few that I think would be a beautiful alternative to these items if these specific ones aren’t just what you are looking for. #liketkit 💆🏼
I hope you love blanket scarves as much as I do!
Originally published Sep 27, 2016