Summer is here and I am sure you will be grilling as much as my family!
I love a delicious, juicy hamburger but I also love a burger that is stuffed.
One of my favorite things to stuff in a burger is cheese. More specifically Feta Cheese. Feta cheese is delicious any way you eat it but you will be grabbing your container of Nikos® Feta to make THIS recipe the next time you fire up the grill!
Ingredients for 4 Feta Cheese Stuffed Burgers:
- 1 pound ground beef. (I use 80/20)
- 1 egg
- 1/3 cup bread crumbs. (Here is how you can make your own!)
- Salt and Pepper
- Nikos® Feta (I use traditional but you could also substitute in Nikos Fat Free, Mediterranean, Tomato Basil, or Peppercorn varieties!)
- 1 Recipe of my Home Made Tzatziki sauce
- Burger buns
- Sliced tomatoes
- Sliced cucumbers
- Sliced olives
Gently combine all the burger patty ingredients together with the EXCEPTION of the Nikos Feta. The Feta will be added in the center of the burger.
IN the burger.
To Feta Stuff The Burger:
Make a ‘well’ in the burger ball.
Fill the well with your favorite Nikos® Feta.
I didn’t measure because I felt like ‘the more the merrier!’
Fold over the meat to cover the feta.
Continue working around to close in the Feta. Be sure to pinch the meat closed and seal in all the Feta goodness.
Flatten the meat ball into a nice, flat patty.
Continue filling, covering and flattening until all your patties are Feta filled.
Chill covered in the refrigerator until you are ready to grill.
On a hot grill, sear and grill your Feta filled burgers to your favorite doneness.
Inside the burgers the Feta is starting to melt and flavor the burger from within.
It is SOO GOOD!!
Top with a healthy dollop of tzatziki sauce and more Feta cheese! Try my homemade tzatziki recipe in this post.
If you are feeling extra fancy add slices of cucumber and tomato.
Look at that beautiful Feta stuffed grilled burger!
The smaller crumbs of the feta will melt and flavor your burger but the largest ones will still be whole giving you lovely chunks of feta in the enter of your burger. This is such a delicious twist on a traditional burger.
Are you looking for more delicious recipes featuring Nikos® Feta? Check out their:
- Website (Not only does it feature a nice sampling of recipes, it also includes wine and beer pairing suggestions that perfectly match the rich flavors of the line’s specialty cheeses),
- Facebook Page (Nikos® Facebook fans are always the first to know about the latest promotions, enter-to-win contests and new items. Follow them today!)
- Pinterest or Instagram pages!
Nikos® Feta is hosting a giveaway this June/July! One lucky contestant will win a seven-day, six-night trip to Honolulu, Hawaii, during the 2015 Hawaii Food & Wine Festival (August 29 – September 13, 2015).
Trip package includes:
- Roundtrip airfare for Grand Prize Winner and Guest from the airport nearest the Grand Prize Winner’s residence to Honolulu, Hawaii
- Standard hotel accommodations for 6 nights/7 days (double room occupancy)
- $500 USD in spending money for the Grand Prize Winner (the “Trip Package”).
The Approximate Retail Value (“ARV”) of the Grand Prize is $3,500.
To enter, visit www(dot)NikosFeta(dot)com or the “Hawaii Trip” tab on Facebook(dot)com/NikosFeta (desktop only) between June 1 – July 31, 2015, and fill out the entry form. That’s it! Easy, peasy! Full contest information is available in the Official Rules accessible via either site starting June 1st.