4 Ingredient Apple Dump Cake
One of the first things I learned to make when I was a kid was 4 ingredient apple dump cake. I was so proud of myself that I could make SOMETHING that turned out delicious…every time. This apple dump cake recipe went to pot lucks, ladies luncheons and even youth group events. It is a hit no matter where you take it. I hope you love my apple dump cake recipe as much as I do!
By keeping a few ingredients in your pantry you are able to be this yummy dessert any day of the week. This is a great dessert to pop into the oven for movie night or when you want a warm, comforting dessert on a cold winter night.
You can be extra fancy and make your own apple pie filling but when you are in a rush, as I usually am, taking help from a can of pre-done filling is just what you need.
I added freshly grated nutmeg to this recipe. It is not needed but I think it adds that ONE extra THING that makes everyone think…. what IS THAT? Nutmeg. The answer is always nutmeg.
apple dump cake recipe ingredients:
- 1 stick butter, melted
- 1 box Spice Cake Mix
- 2 cans Apple Pie filling (21 oz. each)
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- fresh grated nutmeg, optional
apple dump cake recipe directions
- Heat oven to 350 and spray a 9×13 pan with non stick spray.
- Melt butter
- Add Spice Cake Mix to the butter and combine until crumbly.
- Empty 2 cans of apple pie filling into prepared pan.
- Sprinkle with cinnamon and nutmeg, if wanted.
- Top with cake mix/butter mixture.
- Bake at 350 for 20-25 minutes or until the edges bubble.
- Enjoy with a scoop of vanilla ice cream!