This is one of my easy week night meals. My kids love my recipe for one pot chili mac and cheese. Full of protein with ground beef, white kidney beans, red kidney beans along with elbow pasta and shredded cheddar cheese this is a delicious week night meal. Great for taking to pot lucks and even a tailgate.
Video instructions for one pot chili mac and cheese:
What are you going to do? You don’t want to make a huge mess with a lot of pans to put together a delicious meal. So you use this recipe for one pot chili mac and cheese to bring a delicious meal to the table, FAST.
Here is my hint:
DON’T drain the fat from the meat. BROWN the meat FIRST and use the fat to saute the garlic and onion in the one pot chili mac and cheese.
one pot chili mac and cheese INGREDIENTS:
- 8 ounces ground beef (I use 80/20)
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 onion, diced
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 1 (14.5-ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 3/4 cup canned white kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 3/4 cup canned kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 10 ounces (2 1/2 cups) elbows pasta
- 3/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
one pot chili mac and cheese DIRECTIONS:
- Brown ground beef in a heavy bottom pot. Cook until no longer pink. Add garlic, onion, and cook until tender.
- Stir in chicken broth, tomatoes, beans, chili powder and cumin; season with salt and pepper, to taste. Bring to a simmer and stir in pasta. Bring to a boil; cover, reduce heat and simmer until pasta is cooked through, about 15 minutes.
- Stir in cheese.
- Serve immediately.