One Pot Enchilada Casserole Recipe
I have been loving one pot meals recently. My enchilada casserole recipe as less clean up, less dishes to wash. In a few steps dinner is on the table! I love enchiladas but sometimes I don’t want to take the time to make all the components, roll and bake the dish. This one pot has all the flavors that we love…just with out the multiple steps of creating rolled enchiladas.
This recipe is super mild in flavor because that is how my kids like it. Feel free to kick up the flavors, add ingredients that you love! Enjoy this enchilada casserole recipe.
Here is a video for those of you who love video as much as I do:
enchilada casserole recipe ingredients:
- 8-10 white corn tortilla
- 1/2 stick butter
- 1/4 cup flour
- 2 cups chicken stock
- 4 oz. green chilies
- 4 oz. black olives, sliced
- 8 oz. corn
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon oregano
- 2 cups cheddar cheese
- Slice tortillas in bite sized pieces.
- Melt butter and add the flour.
- Stir to create a roux. Continue to stir until it boils and the flour taste cooks out.
- Add 2 cups chicken stock.
- Stir continually until the stock thickens slightly. About 2-3 minutes
- Add black olives, green chilies and corn.
- Add spices. Feel free to spice it up to your taste.
- Add 3-4 chicken breasts to the sauce.
- Cover and cook 15 minutes or until chicken is cooked through.
- Remove chicken and shred it. Want to see how to shred chicken in 1 minute? Check out this post.
- Add the sour cream. Stir thoroughly.
- Return chicken to the sauce.
- Add the tortillas.
- Cover with cheddar cheese.
- Broil until the cheese bubbles.