Last year my husband and I joined Fadra and her husband of All Things Fadra at the 2015 Hotel Hershey Wine & Food Festival. I secretly love that they call it the WINE and food festival, not the FOOD and wine festival. It is all about the wine at this festival but the food is nothing to sneeze at! You can read about all the fun we had in this post.
My husband and I are going back this year and we could not be more excited. The 2015 festival was one of highlights of our year and we can’t wait to go this year.
Look at the entree from the Grand Tasting!
Duo of Beef. Seared petit filet, braised beef cheek, pecorino rosemary potato tart, stuffed cipollini onion, roasted baby carrots, red wine reduction. Paired with Barolo.
We are going as a couple so we can have time to ourselves, enjoy the wine (obviously) and indulge in the food (heavenly sigh). We try a few times a year (more if we are super lucky!) to get away from the house, the kids, our jobs and just reconnect with each other. We look for a place that is not to far from our home in south central Pennsylvania, has beautiful accommodations (see The Hotel Hershey), relaxing atmosphere (see the Spa at the Hotel Hershey), amazing food and wine (the Wine and Food Festival). With three kids in the house we NEED these weekends to reconnect, rejuvenate and just relax. It took us until we were married almost twelve years to understand we needed to make these little trips just for us. It wasn’t a ‘nice thing to do’ it was a MUST thing to do.
With our little story of why we love to get away to events such as The Hotel Hershey Wine and Food Festival out there I know that not everyone is a couple.
The Hotel Hershey Wine and Food Festival is perfect for:
- Girls weekend
- Bachelor party
- Wine club
- Moms group
- People who love food
- People who love wine
- Mini class reunion (just invite the people you ACTUALLY want to reunite with!)
- Beer people who want to learn about wine
- EVERYONE whould enjoy this festival
Calendar of Events
Friday, September 16
- Wine, Dine, And Punch Lines: a wine reception hosted by Kim Crawford of Loveblock Wines at 6:30 p.m. and a comedy show by Laurie Forster, The Stand Up Sommelier, at 8:00 p.m.; $96 per person
Saturday, September 17
- Vine To Wine at Waltz Vineyards: a unique experience that guides guests through the winemaking process at Waltz Vineyards; 8:30 a.m. – 1:30 p.m.; $54 per person with box lunch
- NEW! Count Sebastiano Capone Wine & Cheese Tasting: a guided tasting and pairing of five wines and local cheeses; 11:30 a.m. – 1:30 p.m.; $54 per person
- Davis Bynum Blending Class: a guided tour through the process and art of blending Pinot Noir; 2:00 p.m. – 4:00 p.m.; $48 per person
- Concho Y Toro Wine Dinner: hosted by Italo Jofre from Concho Y Toro, a five-course meal paired with delicious wines; 6:30 p.m. – 10:00 p.m.; $120 per person
Sunday, September 18
- VIP Winemaker Breakfast: a breakfast buffet with several wine makers from The Grand Tasting; 10:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m.; $30 per person
- The Grand Tasting: live jazz entertainment, international and domestic wine stations hosted by official vintner representatives, a selection of domestic breweries, and delicious culinary samplings from our award winning chefs; 12:00 p.m. – 4:00 p.m.; $72 per person and $20 per designated driver
Want to see what it looks like inside one of the beautiful rooms of The Hotel Hershey?
How about a tour of the Hershey Lodge Room?