Classic Hershey’s Peanut Butter Chocolate Kiss Blossom Cookie Recipe
One of our favorite holiday cookies is the classic Hershey’s peanut butter chocolate kiss blossom cookie. Kid friendly, freezer friendly and the perfect combination of chocolate kiss and soft, peanut butter cookie.
Chocolate Kiss Blossom Cookie Ingredients:
- 48 Hershey’s Kisses
- 1/2 cup shortening
- 3/4 cup Reese’s Creamy Peanut Butter
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1/3 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup additional granulated sugar for rolling
Remove all the wrappers from the chocolate kisses.
*great kid project.
Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Beat shortening and peanut butter in large bowl until well blended.
- Add 1/3 cup granulated sugar and brown sugar; beat until fluffy.
- Add egg, milk and vanilla; beat well.
- Stir together flour, baking soda and salt; gradually beat into peanut butter mixture.
Shape dough into 1-inch balls. We use a small cookie scoop to make consistent shaped cookies.
Roll in granulated sugar.
We use a small bowl with the sugar and swirl it around until each ball is coated.
Place on an ungreased cookie sheet, a cookie sheet line with parchment paper OR a sil pat matt. As you can see, we are fans of the sil pat matt.
Bake at 375 for 8-10 minutes or until slightly brown.
These were 10 minutes in a gas oven.
Immediately press a chocolate into center of each cookie.
Don’t freak out if the cookie cracks around edges, that is the way it is supposed to happen.
As soon as all the kisses have been pressed into the peanut butter cookie, immediately remove from cookie sheet to wire rack.
I have found that if you don’t move them quickly, the kisses will soften and loose the classic kiss shape.
To make the cooling go faster I pop them in freezer or if it is winter, I set them outside to cool quickly.
Each recipe is suppose to make 48 cookies.
I have yet to make 48 cookies because we keep eating either the kisses or the peanut butter dough!
Can someone pass me a glass of milk?