Crockpot Mexican Corn Soup
This crockpot Mexican corn soup has layers of flavor that include shredded chicken, black beans, creamed corn, Mexican spices as well as a creamy broth. Top this easy slow cooker soup with your choice of fresh squeezed lime, avocado, cilantro, sour cream and jalapeño. Crockpot Mexican corn and chicken soup is sure to bring your favorite fiesta flavors to your table.
My family loves this soup because it is full of the flavors they love from their favorite Mexican restaurant. Each of my children can customize their soup to their liking with additional topping such as extra cheese, sour cream and avocado. This recipe makes enough to serve my family of five with a serving or two perfect for leftovers or school lunches.
Crockpot Mexican Corn and Chicken Soup Ingredients:
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 cup Chicken broth
- 2 cans (14.75 ounces EACH) cream style corn
- 2 cans (14.75 ounces) Mexicorn
- 1 can (15.5 ounces) black beans drained and rinsed
- 1 can (4 ounces) diced green chiles
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 2 cups Monterey Jack Cheese freshly grated
- 2 cups heavy cream
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Optional additions: fresh lime, fresh cilantro, sour cream, avocado
If you are like me time is precious. Taking kids to and from school and activities as well as keeping up with life in general takes a LOT of my time. While I love cooking and baking, the amount of time it takes to
- go to the grocery store
- find what I am looking for
- circle the store 4 times because I forgot something
- wait though check out
- pack up the groceries
- drive home and unload the car
It is the better part of an afternoon for me. So that is where Peapod comes into my life. Through Peapod I am able to choose the groceries I want, select a time and date for delivery and have everything delivered for a nominal fee. With a minimum purchase of $60 the delivery fee is $9.95 and the delivery fee will drop to $7.95 when your purchase total is $100. I know my purchases are usually over the $100 mark so I get the $7.95 charge BUT keep your eye open for discounts on delivery charges based on non peak delivery times.
What is your time worth? Is your time worth $7.95 per hour to have someone else select your groceries, package them up and deliver them to your kitchen table? I know my time is worth so much more than that!
Groceries are delivered to my kitchen table.
All the groceries that I ordered and did not have to go to the grocery store to get.
Included with each order is a flyer with specials and a coupon for your next order.
Don’t forget to turn over manufacture coupons to your driver so they can be credited to your bill. Your driver will also take your recyclable plastic shopping bags and recycle them for you.
Crockpot Mexican Corn Chicken Soup Video Instructions:
Did you catch my son dropping the bowl in the crockpot?! Got to love when kids help!
Crockpot Mexican Corn Soup Directions:
- Use a large crockpot for this recipe. Mine is 6 quarts.
- Trim the fat off of the breasts.
- Add the trimmed chicken, garlic, chicken broth, creamed cans of corn, Mexicorn, drained and rinsed black beans, undrained diced green chiles, chili powder, paprika, and cumin to the crockpot.
- Stir well. Cover and cook on high for 3-5 hours or low for 4-6 hours or until the chicken shreds easily.
- Remove the chicken and shred. See my instructions on easily shredding chicken in 1 minute.
- While shredding the chicken add in the freshly grated cheese and the heavy cream.
- Return the shredded chicken and mix. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Serve with desired toppings: fresh lime, fresh cilantro, sour cream, or fresh avocado.
Crockpot Mexican Corn Soup Printable:
Pin To Pinterest: