6 Reason Why We Love Sesame Place
Our kids are ages 10, 7 and 4 and we LOVE Sesame Place in Langhorne, Pennsylvania! Sunny days are here again when ever we visit the park that is dedicated to the characters and experiences that our family has loved over the years. The park is well maintained, has lots of dietary options to choose from, the shows are entertaining and appropriate for all ages! PLUS we love the option of jumping back and forth from a water park to a traditional amusement park!
Here are our top six reasons why we love Sesame Place:
1. Kid Friendly Rides For Kids Of All Ages. We love that there are so many options for kids of all heights to ride! For the younger set there are gentle rides that just slide back and forth or gently go around in a circle. My younger two had a fabulous time on the Flyin’ Fish. Each fish goes around in a circle and the occupant can push a button to ‘fly’ up in the air. We let the little ones push the button so they could control the height of our fish. They loved pushing the button and being in control of the fish! For my older daughter she went on the Honker Dinger Derby 4 times in a row. This ride goes through twists and turns that make this adult want to lose her lunch but she LOVED it She was over 48″ so she was able to go on it solo. Typically if your child is under 42″ they must ride with a supervising companion and at least 36″ to ride. One of our favorite rides that we rode together was Blast Off! Blast off to touch the stars and bounce back down to earth!
2. Wet Fun And Dry Fun. The park is divided into a wet section and a dry section. There are no real ‘boundaries’ between wet and dry but by having the water park separated out from the dry amusement rides it makes it easier to break you day up into wet and dry if you family chooses to do so. Our strategy was to do the dry rides in the morning and then when the sun got super hot in the mid afternoon, we put on our suits in one of the changing rooms cooled off on the wet rides. I wish I had more pictures of all the slides, rambling river and The Count’s Splash Castle but we were having too much wet fun to grab the camera!
3. The Live Shows. If you are not a lover of the summer heat (Like me!) you are going to want to take in a show. That is right…the 3 theaters are air-conditioned! In addition to a live show that will make your kids laugh, jump, clap, sing and have a fabulous time the live shows are a great way to take a break from the heat of the day and cool off. The theater doors open 15-30 minutes before show time so if you want that front row seat you are going to want to plan accordingly. If there is anyone in your party that is effected by strobe lights you may want to know that the Elmo Rocks! show contains special storms and lighting effects.
4. Allergy Friendly Dining Options. If you have a special dietary restriction Sesame Place offers prepackaged options. There is an assorted variety from the following vendors. Divvies, Gluten Free To Go, and a bake in bag gluten free pizza. Not all products are available but they do offer a variety. Be sure to ask for complete allergy information if needed. The kids meals that the kids ate came on a Cookie Monster plate and with a reusable cup and bendable straw. We wiped down the plates and kept them as souvenirs. We still use them to this day and remember the fun we had at Sesame Place!
5. Seasonal Events. Sesame Place celebrates not just family fun but they celebrate seasons and special events as well. Super Why Live!, The Count’s Halloween Spooktacular, Grover’s Not So Spooky Birthday Bash, and A Very Furry Christmas are all examples of extra fun events that are great ways to make fabulous memories with your friends and family. The events go above and beyond the every day park experience and will have your little ones chatting about the experience for a long time. For a full list of events, times, and fees visit this link.
6. Admission Savings. Sesame Place has several different deals that you can take advantage of. I love the ‘Save $25 after 3 pm’ deal. This is great for the families with kids who can’t take a full day park experience or who are wanting to experience Sesame Place without the heat of the day. For those of you who are web savy (and I know YOU are because you are reading THIS BLOG!) they offer $20 online discount. But by far my favorite discount is the Waves of Honor discount. Active duty military are eligible for 1 free admission and discount admission for 3 family members per year. Find out all about all these discounts plus a few more in this link.
Instagram fun from our trip to Sesame Place:
What did I miss? What is YOUR favorite ride attraction or memory at Sesame Place? Comment below!
*Thanks to Sesame Place to offering discount tickets to my family. All opinions are my own.