Blue Man Group Is Laugh Out Loud Fun For The Whole Family
If you are looking for your kids to have a positive experience at the theater you NEED to take them to see Blue Man Group. I am not saying that your family will not have a good time at other theatrical productions, they will, I am sure…. but I can ALMOST Guarantee they will have a FABULOUS time when they see a production of Blue Man Group.
We took my 11, 8 and 5 year old to see Blue Man group at the Hershey Theatre. This was my 5 year olds first theater experience so we weren’t sure how he was going to respond to a 90 minute show, with out an intermission. Let me tell you…. he did amazingly well!
Why? Blue Man Group was AMAZING!
I am going to do my best not to give away all the secrets and all the fun things they have planned but here are some of the highlights.
- The music. The music was rhythmic, shake your tushie, bop your head, groove in your seat, clap your hands, do a little dance awesome.
- Science. Yes you may learn a little something while you are at the show. If my science class was taught by the Blue Man group, I might have actually paid attention and learned something.
- Art. There will be an art project. If you are a lucky audience member you might even get to help with the project.
- Audience participation. This goes beyond the clapping your hands. The audience participation begins even before you see a man in blue. If you don’t participate you will NOT get the full Blue Man expereince. Participate please.
- Balls. They will want their balls back. Trust me parents, it is all clean fun.
- Dancing. You will dance. All the moves. All of them.
- There are strobe lights.
- There are loud noises. (bring ear protection if loud noises bother your little people)
- There is fog. Artificial fog but still…. fog.
- Go to the bathroom before they start. There is no intermission.
For more tips visit Suburban Wife City life and her post 6 Tips for taking Kids to Blue Man Group.
Here are links to purchase tickets:
Blue Man Group had this on their YouTube channel so I am guessing it is fine to share with you! Here is a look at what you might expereince: