This buffalo chicken dip egg roll recipe is the combination of all the buffalo chicken dip ingredients, wrapped in an egg roll wrapper and fried to a crisp. A fabulous combination of flavors and textures.
If you love this recipe, you are also going to want to try my croque-monsieur egg roll. If you love buffalo chicken dip, in general, you are going to want to make my buffalo chicken grilled pizza, and while you have the grill fired up to make cast iron grilled pizza dip. All these recipes are perfect for game-time snacking.
Buffalo Chicken Dip Eggroll Ingredients:
- chicken breasts – cooked and shredded.
- cream cheese, – softened
- FRANK’S Red Hot Sauce
- blue cheese or ranch dressing (plus extra for dipping)
- Egg roll wrappers – I find them in my produce section
How to make filling for egg rolls.
- In a mixing bowl combine shredded chicken breasts, cream cheese, FRANK’S Red Hot Sauce and blu cheese dressing.
- Layout egg roll wrappers and fill. (see instructions below)
- Deep fry in 400-degree oil until golden brown, turning as needed.
Air Fryer buffalo chicken dip instructions:
- Heat your air fryer to 350
- Cook the egg rolls for 10 minutes
- Raise the heat to 392 and cook for an additional 3 minutes.
How to roll a buffalo chicken dip egg roll.
- Use about 2 tablespoons of filling and place in the center of the egg roll wrapper.
- Fold the top corner over the filling and remove as much air as possible.
- Fold in the left and the right corners, removing as much air as possible.
- Apply water or egg wash to the final edge and roll-up.
How to deep fry the egg rolls
- In a heavy bottom or cast iron skillet heat canola or other fry oil.
- The oil is hot enough when bubbles form around the end of a wooden or bamboo spoon when placed in the bottom of the pan.
- Fry on each side for 1 minute or until golden brown and crispy.
- Remove from the frying oil and drain on paper towels.
What else goes with buffalo chicken egg rolls?
If you are in a game time shacking mood I would suggest the following to be served alongside these egg rolls:
- Crab Corn Fritters
- Hot Artichoke and Spinach Dip
- Reuben Tater Tots
- Bang Bang Shrimp Copycat Recipe
- Super Easy Chili
- Mexican Shrimp Cocktail Shooters
- Tempura Deep Fried Dill Pickles
- Black Bean Corn Mango Salsa Recipe
My preferred way to reheat chicken dip egg rolls in my air fryer. Pre heat to 425 and then heat for 3-5 minutes until heated through.
They can also be flash-fried in hot oil or baked for 10 minutes at 425.
You can definitely freeze buffalo chicken dip egg rolls. I roll them and place them separated on a cookie sheet, freeze and then place in a freezer-safe bag or van and seal them.
Alternatively, they can be frozen after frying. Don’t fry them as dark as you would for immediate enjoyment and allow them to cool completely before freezing as directed above.
Buffalo Chicken Dip Egg Roll Recipe
- 2 chicken breasts cooked and shredded.
- 8 ounce cream cheese softened
- 1/2 cup FRANK’S RedHot Sauce
- 1/2 cup blue cheese or ranch dressing plus extra for dipping
- Egg roll wrappers
- 1 cup oil
- In a mixing bowl combine 2 shredded chicken breasts, 8 ounces of cream cheese, 1/2 cup FRANK’S Red Hot Sauce and 1/2 cup of blu cheese dressing.
- Lay out egg roll wrappers and fill. (see instructions below)
- Deep fry in 400 degree oil until golden brown, turning as needed.
This post originally appeared Mar 11, 2016
Sarah Mock is a classically trained Chef and graduate of Johnson & Wales University. A culinary blogger for 12 years Sarah helps the home cook prepare her recipes with professional results.