What To Buy In The Month Of April
Certain products go on sale at certain times of the year. It might be the end of a model year, a seasonal item or a cleaning out inventory. Here are my picks for what to buy this month:
- Cruises: April isn’t a traditional vacation month, so cruises are going to be a bit cheaper. If you can get the time off from work, now’s a great time to take a cruise. You survived winter and you need a few days (or week!) off in a tropical paradise. ps. Take me with you!
- Snow Blowers: Snow season is wrapping up and stores would rather blow out prices on a snow blower than let them sit idly by for the next six months. You can sweep up the savings with a new machine that is ready to roll on the first snow storm later in the year.
- Cookware: With weddings coming up and the graduation season looming, merchants traditionally offer some sweet sales on cookware in April. I still have and use my high school graduation gift every week! It was a refurbished Kitchen Aid Mixer. It is in my list of Top 10 Kitchen Items I Use In My Kitchen post.
- Thrift Stores: Spring is the season for house cleaning and it’s also the season when people are donating more stuff to thrift stores. This is also a good time to cruise garage sales, tag sales, yard sales or what ever they are called in your neck of the woods where people sell their possessions for about 1/10th of what they were originally purchased.
- Get Your Fill of Tax Day Freebies There are few people in this world who don’t appreciate getting something for free, and luckily, one of the most popular days for restaurants to offer something gratis takes place in April: Tax Day. Fast food and nationwide chains in particular will offer some sort of freebie on April 16, and if the offers are anything like last year, then you should be on the lookout for opportunities to get a free cup of coffee, free breakfast foods, or free side orders or desserts with the purchase of an entrée. Woo Hoo! FREE.
- Summer air travel. Around mid-April, you’re likely to find some of the best airfares for peak summer travel in July and August. The majority of airfare sales begin on Tuesday and run through Thursday, and the best time to buy is on a Tuesday at 4 p.m. Eastern. Try to travel on a Tuesday or Wednesday to save even more.
- Jewelry for Mother’s Day: If you’re thinking about buying some bling for Mother’s Day, then start looking now. Deals, coupons and sales for jewelry will still be going on in May, but oftentimes there is slightly higher final prices right before the holiday. This is especially true of online jewelry retailers.
- Organic Products. Earth day is April 22nd. Around that week you’ll see offers for Earth-friendly products. Keep tabs on your favorite health food stores and restaurants for good deals.
- Vacuum Cleaners: Spring cleaning demands a good vacuum cleaner, and luckily, this is the time of the year when stores are clearing out stock to make room for the new models. So suck it up and get to cleaning. I am not a big fan of cleaning…you may not be either…so here is a Pinterest board that you may find inspiration from: