Chocolatetown is just outside the front gate of Hersheypark and the main entrance of Hershey's Chocolate World Attraction. Hersheypark guests, as well as the general public, will love this year-round destination.
Whether you are visiting for springtime in the park, Hersheypark in the Dark, Hersheypark Christmas, or renewing you Hersheypark season pass there will be something fun to do at Chocolatetown.
What is Chocolatetown?
Chocolatetown is a year round chocolate destination outside of Hersheypark. One part shopping, one part dining, one part excitement all at the same time having a chocolate theme.
Meet friends for lunch, bring the bachelorette party for dinner and drinks, take senior photos by the new Kisses shaped fountain or enjoy a few sweet treats while the kids play in the courtyard. Hershey's Chocolatetown is the place to gather in Hershey, Pennsylvania.
Where is Hershey's Chocolatetown located?
Just outside of Hershey's Chocolate World Attraction will be the location of Chocolatetown. The destination is located on the same location as the former Hershey Swimming Pool. Me sure to make a reservation at The Hotel Hershey if you are in the area! There is no admission to and it is the gateway to the entrance of Hersheypark. Learn why I love my Hersheypark season pass.
Is there a Starbucks at Hersheypark?
While there is not a Starbucks IN Hersheypark there IS a Starbucks at Chocolatetown. Get your caffeine fix as well as your chocolate fix before you head into Hersheypark or for the ride home. Starbucks will be open year-round, when when the park is closed.
What restaurants are in Chocolatetown?
- Restaurant, Bar & Patio - Largest full-service themed restaurant in Hershey
- Ice Cream Parlor
- Confectionary Scratch Kitchen
- 2,200-square-foot Starbucks® Store
- Largest Kettle Corn location at Hersheypark
The Chocolatier Restaurant, Bar + Patio
The Chocolatier is full-service restaurant, bar, and patio in Chocolatetown outside of Hersheypark. The restaurant features past and present pieces from the Hersheypark ride collection, spectacular views of Hersheypark attractions while you dine as well as a second-story patio and bar.
Kids meals at The Chocolatier
One of the things I look for when my family of 5 is looking at a menu is the kids menu. Do they have what my kids will eat. All kids meals come with a fountain beverage and most come with french fries or mashed potatoes and choice of vegetable*.
Here is a sample of what you will find on the kids menu at The Chocolatier:
- Cheese Pizza
- Mini Cheeseburgers
- Mac and Cheese
- Pasta with marinara sauce
- Chicken Tenders
- Grilled Cheese
- Grilled Salmon *
- Grilled Chicken *
What is the best appetizer at The Chocolatier?
The best appetizer for a crowd at The Chocolatier is definitely The Ferris Wheel Sampler. A show-stopper for sure with its presentation of 5 different delicious appetizers. You will be wanting to take photos of the Ferris Wheel Sampler, for sure. Included in the appetizer is Hershey’s Chocolate Barbecue Chicken Wings, Crispy Mozzarella, Classic Chicken Tenders, Buffalo Chicken Dip and Soft Pretzel Dippers.
If you are a smaller group or just a couple on date night I would recommend Reese's Peanut Butter Hummus with market vegetables and warm pita or the Loaded fries for the Chocolate Barbecue Pulled Pork alone! But you are sure to find something you love on the appetizer menu.
What should you order at The Chocolatier to eat?
The short answer is whatever you want! But if you are looking for MY recommendations of what I would order for my family, I have called out my top two selections from each category.
- Steak & Wedge Salad - Petite Beef Tender, Baby Iceberg, Crumbled Blue Cheese, Cherry Tomato, Pickled Shallots, House Bacon, Creamy Blue Cheese
- Grilled Chicken Caesar Salad - Romaine, Parmesan, Focaccia Croutons
Burgers and Handhelds (served with French Fries)
- Cocoa Cuban - Slow-Roasted, Hershey's Cocoa Rubbed Pork Shoulder, Thin-Shaved Ham, Swiss Cheese, Bread & Butter Pickles & Mustard, On A Cuban Roll
- The Ultimate Veggie Sandwich - Grilled Portobello Mushrooms, Roasted Red Peppers, Romaine Lettuce, Pickled Shallots, Avocado & Reese's Peanut Butter Hummus, On Multigrain Bread
- Barbecue Short Rib Flatbread - House Short Rib, Hershey's Chocolate Barbecue Sauce, Smoked Cheddar, Crispy Onion
- Spring Garden Flatbread - Goat Cheese, Cherry Tomatoes, Roasted Mushrooms, Grilled Onions, Roasted Red Peppers
- Heath Bar Crusted Salmon - Grilled Atlantic Salmon, Pecan & Heath Bar Toffee Crumble, Sweet Potato & Roasted Poblanos
- Cocoa-Dusted Beef Short Ribs - Whipped Yukon Gold Potatoes, Green Beans & Chocolate Porter Reduction, Topped With Cacao Nib Gremolata
The Hershey Carrousel is moving!
The historic Carrousel is moving from its current location inside Hersheypark to Chocolatetown. Just inside the new front gate of Hersheypark the carrousel will be moved and will be one of the first attractions to greet guests as they enter the park.
Can I met Hershey characters in Chocolatetown?
If your kids are like mine when they were little, they were not to sure of and frankly scared of characters in costume. Now everyone can take their time and meet the Hershey characters at their own pace in Chocolatetown right at the Kisses fountain. No Hersheypark ticket admission is needed to get your selfie with your favorite Hershey character.
Hyperdeck is coming to Chocolatetown
Hyperdeck is an immersive, multi-player virtual reality experience, that will be offered as part of Hershey’s Chocolatetown in summer 2020. Two unique, 300-square-feet Hyperdecks will create a dynamic virtual world featuring a full-motion floor and multi-sensory effects like strong winds, heat, and earth-rattling movements. The game continues outside as spectators help or challenge players via tablets stationed outside Hyperdeck.
published july 11, 2019
Leave a Reply