These are fish tenders for grown ups. Make a complete meal with a cheesy polenta cake with a generous helping of black bean mango salsa. You will be amazed at how simply this delicious meal comes together.
Crispy Fish Tenders With Polenta Cake And Black Bean Mango Salsa
Three components to this mea but two of them can be prepped ahead and one of them comes from the freezer section thanks to Gorton’s Go Saucy! Sweet Chili Tenders.
This cheesy polenta cake can be customized to your taste by changing up the cheese or adding herbs. This is a basic recipe to get you started.
Polenta Cake Ingredients:
- Chicken Broth
- Milk (whole, if you have it)
- Parmesan cheese
How To Cook The Polenta
- Bring the chicken stock and milk to a boil.
- Whisk in the polenta.
- Turn down the heat to medium/medium low and cook 8 minutes. Stir every few minutes to prevent scorching.
- Remove from heat and add the cheese and butter.
- Stir until incorporated and melted.
- In a small, deep, greased pan, spread the polenta evenly in the pan.
Pro tip: Use a spatula or scraper dipped in water to smooth the polenta.
Cool completely in the refrigerator.
This is one part that can be prepped ahead.
When it is time to serve, turn out the polenta cake and cut into portions.
I am using a round cookie cutter but you can cut the polenta cake into squares or triangles with a knife.
Crispy Fish Tenders
Gorton’s has debuted a line of Go Saucy! frozen entrees. This recipe is featuring the wild-caught pollock fish tenders with the sweet chili sauce packets included in the box. They are delicious on their own and you have the option to dip, toss or glaze your fish tenders with the sauce.
Follow package directions and bake the fish tenders.
While the fish tenders are baking, sear the polenta cake in a touch of oil. Flip after about 3 minutes and sear again.
This will give the polenta cake a lovely crust and heat it through.
Pin This To Pinterest:
If you love this recipe you need to try my recipe for Buffalo Shrimp Flatbread with Blue Cheese Crumbles.
Serve the crispy fish tenders with the sweet chili sauce and a generous scoop of black bean mango salsa.
- Black Beans, drained and rinsed
- Whole Corn, drained and rinsed
- jalapeno, seeds removed, finely diced
- Red Bell Pepper, seeds removed, diced
- Mango, peeled and diced
- Red Onion, finely diced
- cilantro (more if you like it!)
- Lime, zested and juiced
- Avocado, large dice, (optional)
Combine all the black bean mango salsa ingredients in a bowl.
Toss to combine.
Adjust the seasoning with salt to your liking.
Add the optional avocado if you like it.
- 2 Cups Chicken Broth
- 1/2 Cup Milk
- 1 1/2 Cups Polenta
- 1 Tablespoon Butter
- 3/4 cup Parmesan cheese
- 15 oz. can Black Beans, drained and rinsed
- 15 oz. can Whole Corn, drained and rinsed
- 1 jalapeno, seeds removed, finely diced
- 1 Red Bell Pepper, seeds removed, diced
- 1 Mango, peeled and diced
- 1/4 Red Onion, finely diced
- 1/4 bunch cilantro, more if you like it!
- Lime, zested and juiced
- 1 Avocado, large dice,
Amount Per Serving:Calories: 561Total Fat: 21gSaturated Fat: 9gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 10gCholesterol: 39mgSodium: 1479mgCarbohydrates: 78gFiber: 17gSugar: 19gProtein: 24g