The Disney Wish Cruise ship will have its maiden voyage on June 9, 2022. Disney Wish is the fifth cruise ship in the Disney Cruise line fleet with a capacity of 4,000 passengers, 1,555 crew members and 1,254 staterooms (includes 53 concierge staterooms and 23 concierge suites) for guests to enjoy as they sail on three and four-day vacations from Port Canaveral Florida to Disney's Private Island Castaway Cay in the Bahamas.
What are the staterooms like on the Disney Wish?
Staterooms aboard the Disney Wish have been designed with ample room for families, plenty of storage space and upscale amenities. Most of the ship’s 1,254 staterooms will offer an ocean view — including 877 (70%) with a spacious verandah — and there will be 451 connecting doors that adjoin rooms to accommodate larger families. Some connecting staterooms will have a partition between verandahs that may be opened to create a bigger, shared balcony.
- Most staterooms will feature Disney Cruise Line’s signature split-bathroom concept, with a sink and shower in one room and a sink and toilet in a separate room. All will include a bathtub – perfect for giving children a bath.
- Enhanced storage options, roomy closets and elevated bed frames with generous under-bed space will provide plenty of places to store suitcases and other bulky items essential to family travel.
- Kids will delight in a secret starfield hidden above pull-down beds, with original artwork revealing a constellation of Fairy Godmother overhead.
- Other exceptional amenities and highlights will include a 43-inch TV, USB and USB-C ports, large vanity, mini drawer refrigerator, full-length mirror, mini safe, hair dryer, privacy divider, queen and pull-out sofa beds, deluxe toiletries, plush robes, and lavish bed linens and duvets.
Will the staterooms accommodate families of 5 or more?
The Disney Wish will elevate the concierge experience with 76 concierge staterooms and suites – more than double the number available on other Disney ships.
- Accommodating up to five guests, these rooms will feature spacious living areas, king beds, luxurious finishes and premium amenities. Most will include a generous private verandah, and most have been designed with the rich color palette and distinctive iconography of Walt Disney Animation Studios’ “Tangled.”
- One-bedroom concierge suites will have a separate living room, walk-in closets, two 43-inch TVs and two bathrooms (including a master bathroom with rain shower, bathtub and double vanity).
- Seven exclusive oceanview rooms are Disney’s first-ever staterooms located above the bridge. These will have extended living areas with breathtaking views of the ocean through floor-to-ceiling windows that overlook the bow.
Meet the Aqua Mouse on the Disney Wish
On the upper decks, an expansive district themed to Mickey and Friends will feature AquaMouse, the first-ever Disney attraction at sea that will immerse guests in “The Wonderful World of Mickey Mouse” animated shorts as they embark on a splashtacular adventure with Mickey and Minnie. It has been described as an immersive water attraction, not just a slide!, on the sea!
Complete with show scenes, lighting and special effects, and splashtacular surprises, this first-of-its-kind water ride will send guests on a fun family adventure through 760 feet of winding tubes suspended high above the upper decks.
Guests board their two-seater ride vehicles and ascend into a magical tunnel that will teleport them into the cartoon world of “Scuba Scramble,” a new animated short that plays out through oversized virtual portholes.
Along the way, they’ll encounter curious sea creatures, familiar Disney friends and more than 60 water effects that bring the subaquatic hijinks to life – all perfectly synched to an original musical score by Emmy-nominated composer Christopher Willis.
How many pools are on the Wish?
Located on decks 11 and 12 midship, this area will include six pools of various sizes and depths, spaciously staggered among tiered decks and surrounded by lounge chairs to provide families with space to stretch out and soak up the sunshine.
Enjoy poolside entertainment on Funnel Vision, a jumbo LED display that screens Disney movies, TV shows, live sporting events and more.
For guests seeking a laid-back environment, another family pool will be available on deck 14 forward.
The Disney Wish will feature brand-new food and beverage offerings on the upper decks, including relaxed indoor dining and a fresh take on quick and casual fare with a festive character twist.
Is there a pool area for toddlers and babies?
Toddlers, babies and thier grown ups can play in the Toy Story Splash Zone. A water playground where Woody, Buzz and friends are larger-than-life rubber bath toys that move and spray water at kids’ whim.
This bathtub-themed splash zone will combine the Old West of Woody’s Roundup with the intergalactic world of Buzz Lightyear, featuring two toddler-sized slides and pop jets, geysers and bubblers galore.
Family will enjoy a trip down Slide-a-saurus Rex – a double-looping waterslide that sends guests plunging “down the drain” with the rest of the toys when the metaphorical bathtub overflows.
Other features of this playful pool district will include Trixie’s Falls — a six-inch-deep wading pool with a small fountain and waterfall — and Wheezy’s Freezies, a smoothie bar serving up refreshing fruit blends for the perfect cool-down treat.
A pool for adults 18 and up
Quiet Cove is the pool for guests ages 18 and older dedicated to lounging, sipping and soaking. Set away from the bustle of family activities, this relaxing refuge at the back of the ship will offer breathtaking panoramic views of the ocean from a luxurious infinity pool.
Adults will be able to enjoy some much-needed escape to Quiet Cove. Here, they’ll take a dip in the pool, unwind in a whirlpool spa, relax in a chaise lounge and indulge in a cool beverage from Cove Bar – an open-air watering hole offering beer, wine and cocktails.
Cove Cafe is a chic poolside lounge that will offer gourmet coffees, teas, specialty drinks and treats throughout the day.
Disney’s Oceaneer Club Aboard Disney Wish
Children ages 3 to 12 will love the reimagined Disney’s Oceaneer Club, a real-life wonderland of immersive spaces specially designed to unlock their imaginations.
Oceaneer Club club will feature more themed spaces, each filled with endless entertainment – from storytelling, arts and crafts, and dress-up to toys, games and watching Disney movies.
Kids will have fun with their favorite Disney friends during an exclusive line-up of interactive games and programs where characters don’t just stop by – they stay to play. You don't get this type of play on land!
Quick Portal To Oceaneer Club
The Oceaneer's club is located on deck 2 and parents will be able to check in their children in the Grand Hall on deck 3 and then send them “down the rabbit hole” on a twisting slide that lands directly and securely into the central hub.
Marvel Super Hero Academy
Young “recruits” will train to be the next generation of Super Heroes with the help of their own real-life heroes, like Spider-Man, Black Panther, Ant-Man and the Wasp.
Kids will begin by choosing a super hero suit from a selection of power sets based on Marvel heroes like Iron Man and Captain Marvel, and watching their choices become nanotech forms around mannequins in real-time. Then it will be time for “Avengers: Mission Training,” a gesture-based technology game where they put their new suits and skills to the test as they virtually battle bad guys.
Fairytale Hall is a royal trio of activity rooms where kids will join some of their favorite Disney Princesses and Frozen Queens as they get creative at Rapunzel’s Art Studio, read and act out stories at Belle’s Library, and test newfound icy powers at Anna and Elsa’s Sommerhus.
- Rapunzel’s Art Studio will be a creative escape where kids will have the best day ever making their own arts and crafts projects, like floating lanterns and paintings.
- Belle’s Library will be a cozy corner for reading and acting out stories with the help of Disney characters. An enchanted painting above the fireplace will magically transform to bring the tales to life.
- At Anna and Elsa’s Sommerhus kids will unlock icy powers during “Frozen Fun,” a series of gesture-based games hosted by Olaf, which include snowball fights with friendly trolls and a hunt for mischievous Snowgies – the tiny, playful snowmen created by Elsa in the animated short “Frozen Fever.”
Walt Disney Imagineering Lab
Walt Disney Imagineering Lab is a first-of-its-kind opportunity for kids to discover the secrets of Disney Imagineers — the creative masterminds behind Disney theme parks, resorts and cruise ships — with hands-on activities and inventive experiments. Sorcerer Mickey may even stop by to lend a wand to the newly minted magic makers.
One of the most exciting things Imagineers get to do is design roller coasters. At the Ride Studio, kids will create a coaster along the lines of Big Thunder Mountain Railroad, Space Mountain or Matterhorn Bobsleds – and then climb into a capsule where they will virtually ride their imaginative masterpiece.
Will Disney Wish Cruise Ship Have A Nursery?
Cruisers aged 6 months to 3 years, It’s a Small World Nursery will offer babysitting services in a whimsical environment inspired by the beloved Disney attraction of the same name. Here, little ones will play games, make crafts, watch movies, read books and even spend time with special Disney friends under the expert care of Disney-trained counselors.
In the play room, magical murals will feature interactive hand cranks that trigger delightful effects. Little ones will be able to spark a cascade of ice magic from Elsa’s hand, send Aladdin and Jasmine swaying on the magic carpet, uncover Flynn Rider as he clings to Rapunzel’s enchanted tresses, and more.
A toy train will chug along the ceiling, filling the space with colorful lights, playful sounds and kinetic energy.
What are the teen clubs like?
Older kids ages 11 to 17 will chill and play in their own way aboard the Disney Wish, with trendy hangouts and counselor-led programming designed to engage the unique interests of tweens and teens.
Featuring all-new looks that combine sophisticated design with youthful Disney touches, these clubs will offer customized fun and, for extra cool points, secret entry ways accessible only to the VIPs.
At Edge, tweens ages 11 to 14 will have fun, make friends and play games in a bright, colorful hangout inspired by a chic New York City loft. A faux-grass picnic area and graphic art displays called “photo walls” will provide ample opportunities for tweens to capture cool, shareable vacation pics that will be the envy of their friends back home.
Located on deck 5, the exclusive entrance to Edge will be hidden behind a framed piece of art that reimagines world-famous paintings in a pop art-inspired compilation of Disney characters, including Minnie as the ‘Girl with the Pearl Earring’ and Donald as Salvador Dali.
At Vibe, teens ages 14 to 17 will meet new friends, watch movies, play games and participate in entertaining activities created just for them. Inspired by a Parisian artists’ loft, this stylish space features classic architectural elements with an electric retro twist, with vibrant neon signs and funky pop art. Combine those with floor-to-ceiling windows overlooking the ocean, and every angle in Vibe will offer a selfie-worthy backdrop for the trendiest teens on the high seas.
🗒️ Frequently asked questions and tips:
The Disney Wish Cruise ship will offer three- and four-night cruises leaving Port Canaveral, Florida with stops in the Bahamas at Disney’s private island, Castaway Cay.
More Disney Parks Information
- Dinsey Boo Bash After Hours Event - in place of Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party.
- Disney Wish - Disney Cruise line's newest ship.
- Taste of EPCOT International Flower & Garden Festival - so much more than beautiful Disney Topiaries
- Epcot Food and Wine Festival - what food and drinks are found in what country during the Food And Wine Festival at Epcot.
- FootGolf- Located on Walt Disney World Property, FootGolf is perfect for nonpark days.