Easy Pumpkin Spicy Hummus Food Processor Recipe
A delicious snack or appetizer this recipe for pumpkin spicy hummus is easily made in minutes with the help of a food processor. This savory hummus is full of real pumpkin and spices that have nothing to do with pumpkin pie spice.
Hummus is one of our favorite dips for veggies, chips and even as a substitute as a sandwich spread. You KNOW I love my layers of flavors!
Pumpkin Spicy Hummus Ingredients
- 1/2 cup canned pumpkin
- 1 (15 oz.) can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 2 Tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 garlic cloves*
- 2 tablespoons tahini
- 4 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil, divided
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- ½ teaspoon ground cumin
- ½ teaspoon chili powder
- ¼ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ⅛ teaspoon cayenne pepper
* If you are not a fan of raw garlic I HIGHLY suggest roasted garlic. It adds a layer of sweetness that raw garlic doesn’t offer. Check out my post on how easy it is to roast it yourself.
Combine all the ingredients in a food processor!
I run the food processor with all the ingredients in the bowl and slowly add the olive oil. This way you can adjust the consistency to your taste by adding a few drops more or less of olive oil.
Let it whirl until it is fully pureed.
Scrape down the sides and give it a few more pulses.
That is it! Your easy pumpkin spicy hummus is complete!
If you are feeling a bit fancy you can garnish your hummus with a sprinkle of one of the spices you incorporated in the recipe, a drizzle of olive oil or pepitas!
I highly suggest munching on crunchy veggies with your pumpkin spicy hummus. My kids LOVE the fresh crunch of broccoli and baby carrots. They love scoping up large dollops of this dip and enjoying the delicious fall flavors.
But what about keeping those veggies (and fruits!) fresh and crisp? This is where Rubbermaid FreshWorks comes into my kitchen.
Here is what makes Rubbermaid FreshWorks Containers different from other containers and bags:
- Keeps Produce Fresher, Longer: FreshWorks is a food storage container that uses patented FreshVentTM technology to keep produce fresher up to 80% longer* than traditional produce packaging. It uses a revolutionary built-in FreshVent™ lid, which naturally regulates the flow of oxygen and CO2, in and out of the container to create the optimal environment so produce stays nearly as fresh as the day it was picked. The CrispTrayTM at the bottom elevates produce away from moisture and promotes proper airflow to help reduce spoilage.
- Reduces Waste: Many people find that their produce has spoiled after just a few days, leaving them no choice but to throw it away. FreshWorks extends the life of your produce, so you can eat your produce before it goes to waste.
- Saves Money: As a result of throwing away fresh produce, Americans waste $24 billion worth of produce every year, which is the equivalent of $192 per household.**
- Easy to Use: With FreshWorks Produce Saver, you can simply move produce from store packaging and into the FreshWorks containers before refrigerating to maintain freshness for up to 80% longer*. The lid filter lasts a lifetime, no replacements needed.
*Based on strawberries in FreshWorks™ containers vs. store packaging. Results may vary depending upon produce and use.
** Source: USDA 2014