Easy Pumpkin Spicy Hummus Food Processor Recipe
A delicious snack or appetizer this recipe for pumpkin spicy hummus is easily made in minutes with the help of a food processor. This savory hummus is full of real pumpkin and spices that have nothing to do with pumpkin pie spice.
Hummus is one of our favorite dips for veggies, chips and even as a substitute as a sandwich spread. You KNOW I love my layers of flavors!
Pumpkin Hummus Ingredients:
- canned pumpkin
- chickpeas drained and rinsed
- lemon juice
- garlic cloves*
- extra virgin olive oil, divided
- sea salt
- ground cumin
- chili powder
- ground cinnamon
- cayenne pepper
* If you are not a fan of raw garlic I HIGHLY suggest roasted garlic. It adds a layer of sweetness that raw garlic doesn’t offer. Check out my post on how easy it is to roast it yourself.
Combine all the ingredients in a food processor!
I run the food processor with all the ingredients in the bowl and slowly add the olive oil. This way you can adjust the consistency to your taste by adding a few drops more or less of olive oil.
Let it whirl until it is fully pureed.
Scrape down the sides and give it a few more pulses.
That is it! Your easy pumpkin spicy hummus is complete!
If you are feeling a bit fancy you can garnish your hummus with a sprinkle of one of the spices you incorporated in the recipe, a drizzle of olive oil or pepitas!
- 1/2 cup canned pumpkin
- 1 (15 oz.) can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 2 Tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 garlic cloves*
- 2 tablespoons tahini
- 4 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil, divided
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- ½ teaspoon ground cumin
- ½ teaspoon chili powder
- ¼ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ⅛ teaspoon cayenne pepper