Fall is here and along with the cooler temperatures comes fall fun in Hershey Pennsylvania. There is so much to see, do, eat and experience in the Sweetest Place On Earth. There is something for everyone in Hershey! Families to couples, singles to seniors something sweet is waiting for you in Hershey, Pennsylvania.
Fall Fun In Hershey Pennsylvania
What To Do At Hersheypark In The Dark
- All 13 roller coasters and Hershey Triple Tower attraction will be open for guests. Laff Trakk coaster will turn off the lights during all operating hours. In addition, the Park will turn off the lights on its three wooden roller coasters during the last hour of each operating evening.
- 13 candy locations in Hershey’s Trick-or-Treat Trail, including Treatville trick-or-treat trail in Hersheypark and ZooAmerica, and Hershey Hollow in Hershey’s Chocolate World Attraction. Children ages 12 and younger are encouraged to come in costume for free treat bags and candy at each stop throughout this whimsical Halloween village. After you visit Hersheypark you might be inspired to have your own sweet Halloween part to include Halloween party games.
- Festive fall-themed food and beverages, such as pumpkin funnel cakes and King-Sized pumpkin milkshakes.
- Live entertainment including “Screaming Mummies,” a band of misfit mummies performing throwback Halloween tunes.
Hershey’s Chocolate World In The Fall
- Festive fall fun during Full Moon Fridays (Oct. 13, 20, 27).
- New surprises in Hershey Hallow (Don’t forget your costumes).
Zoo America during Hersheypark In The Dark
Creatures Of The Night
Included in the one-price admission to Hersheypark In The Dark Halloween attraction, guests are invited to bring a flashlight for the Creatures Of The Night experience program at ZooAmerica after 6 pm. Separate admission is also available at the Zoo’s off-street entrance. Halloween In Hershey is the only time of the year when guests can visit after dark and experience:
- Viewing the nocturnal habits of the Zoo’s residents.
- Watching as Naturalists offer pumpkin treats to select animals.
Advantages of Staying at a Hershey Entertainment Resort:
- Early entrance to Hersheypark.
- When you stay at The Hershey Lodge or The Hotel Hershey you get 1-hour early access to select rides and attractions at Hersheypark! Walkthrough the park getting photos that you want, get in ULTRA SHORT lines to ride your favorite rides, and enjoy the park before it is open to the general public! This is a very VIP perk!
- Kids’ Check-In Desk
- There is a desk specifically designed with the kids in mind! Kids can sign the kid guest book, receive a lanyard with their name on it, pick up coloring pages and crayons and take a guess at how many Hershey treats are in the jars on the counter. Prizes are given to the closest guesser! PLUS there are seasonal kids’ activities, including s’mores making on select evenings.
- A Place To Rest
- One of my BEST tips when visiting ANY theme park is to take a break mid-day. Go back to the hotel and take a rest, especially during the summer months, theme parks are HOT and the sun can zap the energy and the fun right out of your day. You can’t go back to a hotel if you aren’t staying at one! By staying at an official resort of Hersheypark you have free transportation to and from the park. Head back to your hotel mid-day for a rest, a dip in the pool or even a spa treatment at The Hotel Hershey.
- Hershey Water Works
- Hershey Water Works is a 30,000 square-foot indoor pool complex that includes Twizzler’s Twists water slides, a Reese’s Water Walk adventure, a zero-entry pool (GREAT for little kids and handicap accessibility!), sandcastle spray zone, lighthouse tipping buckets, basketball hoops in the pool and so much more! Seriously, I would stay at the Hershey Lodge JUST to play in Hershey Water Works.
- Included Passes
- Just by staying at The Hershey Lodge each member of your party is given a pass to the Hershey Gardens (open seasonally) and The Hershey Story’s Museum Experience. The Hershey Story museum experience takes visitors on a journey through his life, his chocolate company, his generous philanthropic legacy and the town of Hershey, PA. Engaging museum exhibits explore Mr. Hershey’s early failures, how he successfully revolutionized the process of making milk chocolate, and how the orphan boys of the Hershey Industrial School became heirs to his fortune.Our family attraction is also an interactive experience perfect for kids. The Apprentice Program and “I Spy” activity are special ways we present the Hershey Story to younger visitors, allowing them to guide themselves along a “scavenger hunt-style” exploration of the museum exhibits. We also develop special exhibits and hands-on museum displays with kids and families in mind…
Stay overnight at The Official Resorts of Hersheypark for the perfect fall getaway. Overnight guests of Hershey Lodge receive exclusive access to Hershey’s Water Works at Hershey Lodge. The indoor pool complex includes two interactive indoor pools, Twizzlers Twists Slides, Reese’s Water Walk, water play structures, 24-hour arcade and the Cocoa Cabana dining location with a full bar.
The Hersheypark In The Dark Package (one day stay) is available at The Hotel Hershey and Hershey Lodge during the Halloween season:
- Package Includes Deluxe accommodations, breakfast per person with Hershey’s Characters, one-day admission to Hersheypark In The Dark Halloween attraction per person, admission to Hershey Gardens (including the year-round Butterfly Atrium), and admission to The Hershey Story’s Museum Experience.
Hersheypark Happy Halloween Packages are available at The Hotel Hershey and Hershey Lodge during the Halloween season.
- Pumpkin Latte Manicure and Pedicure, September 1 – November 30, $140 Mon-Thurs, $150 Fri-Sun, Available October 1 – November 30
- Pumpkin Spice Scrub, $75 Mon-Thurs, $80, Fri-Sun
- Pumpkin Souffle Wrap, $130 Mon-Thurs, $140, Fri-Sun
- Fall Pumpkin Immersion, $195 Mon-Thurs, $205, Fri-Sun
- The Great Pumpkin Facial, $135 Mon-Thurs, $145 Fri-Sun
- Fall Pumpkin Package, $315 Mon-Thurs, $345, Fri-Sun
New for 2017 is MeltSpa by Hershey day spa. Located in the heart of downtown Hershey at 11 E Chocolate Ave., MeltSpa by Hershey features exclusive Hershey’s Dark Chocolate Treatments and additional services including:
- Hershey’s Dark Chocolate Sugar Scrub
- Hershey’s Dark Chocolate Body Wrap
- Hershey’s Sweet Hands & Feet Dark Chocolate Treatment
Visitors can learn about the history of chocolate at The Hershey Story, The Museum on Chocolate Avenue, as part of the following events:
- Halloween-themed classes in the Chocolate Lab: “Chocolate Cobweb Creations” and “Build a Batty Bar.” Participants also learn how cocoa beans are transformed into their favorite chocolate confections. Chocolate Lab classes require ticket purchase; individuals must be at least four years old to enter the lab.
- On Saturdays (October 14, 21 and 28) children who visit the Museum Experience at The Hershey Story can create their very own monster pop using a Hershey’s milk chocolate bar, decorative icing and edible candy eyes. They’ll also receive a vintage Hershey’s mask to assemble. For a fun Halloween photo opportunity, children are encouraged to come dressed in their favorite costume and pose in front of a vintage Hershey’s advertising backdrop. Included in Museum Experience admission while supplies last.
Hershey Gardens is illuminated with more than 150 uniquely carved pumpkins during Pumpkin Glow, from 6 to 8:30 p.m. on October 21, 22, 28 and 29. Kids ages 12 and younger are invited to bring a flashlight, come in costume, trick-or-treat throughout the Gardens and enjoy the following activities:
- Watch live pumpkin carving demonstrations.
- See a unique collection of live spiders and insects in the Educational & Horticultural Wing of the Milton & Catherine Hershey Conservatory. Please note, the Butterfly Atrium will be closed during Pumpkin Glow hours.
Classic Films return to Hershey Theatre on Saturday, October 21. Two timeless Halloween films will be shown in this majestic theatre. Tickets for each film are $8.
Pin This To Pinterest:
Sarah Mock is a classically trained Chef and graduate of Johnson & Wales University. A culinary blogger for 12 years Sarah helps the home cook prepare her recipes with professional results.