FootGolf at Disney’s Oak Trail Golf Course is a family fun activity in Orlando, Florida. Located on Walt Disney World Property, FootGolf is perfect for nonpark days.
I was a participant in the We Grow Retreat and my Foot Golf experience was part of the retreat activities. All opinions are my own.
If you are looking for the perfect outdoor family activity for the arrival or departure day to your Walt Disney World vacation, I highly recommend FootGolf at the Oak Trail Golf Course at Walt Disney World Golf Course.
It will be hard to find an activity on Walt Disney property that is as inexpensive, fun, and different from the normal park activities. Foot Golf is the perfect introduction to a golf course for those who have never set foot on a course before.
Walk the 9 hole foot golf course, kick a soccer ball and enjoy the quiet, beautiful tranquil landscapes of the Walt Disney World Golf Course. The soccer ball is included with your fee. All you need to bring is athletic clothes, sturdy shoes and if you are feeling fancy, tall argyle socks.
What is FootGolf?
FootGolf is a combination of soccer and golf, but more closely related to golf but using your feet instead of golf clubs. Players kick a soccer ball on a golf course on a shortened length green with the goal of getting the soccer ball into a 21-inch diameter cup in as few shots as possible.
FootGolf rules are very similar to the rules of golf, and bunkers, hazards and golf course characteristics help to improve the challenge of the game. FootGolf and golf can be played alongside each other on the same course.
Is there special equipment needed to play?
Since FootGolf is played on a golf course, traditional golf apparel is worn to include sturdy indoor soccer shoes or running shoes to help protect your feet from potential injury! It is fun to wear Knee-length Argyle socks as a fun footgolf twist, but not necessary. Appropriate, non-offensive, golf or athletic attire is also recommended; denim jeans or denim shorts are not permitted on Disney’s Oak Trail Golf Course. Also, cleats are not permitted.
Who can play foot golf?
I will tell you that I am NOT an athletic person and I had a wonderful time playing FootGolf at the Walt Disney World Golf Course. If you can kick a ball and walk a mile in a few hours, you can play footgolf.
When I was on the course I saw multi-generational families playing a round. The course manager told me that they have had foot golfers as young as 3 play the course and as old as 83. Footgolf is a great introduction to the golfing experience for those who have never set foot on the golf course.
How big is the course?
9 holes of FootGolf at Walt Disney World will have you walk about a mile to complete all the holes. The course has easy slopes and is mostly flat. No cart is needed.
How long does a round take?
Plan on spending 2 ½ hours playing 9 holes of footgolf. But I would advise budgeting 3 hours by the time you arrive, get your socks, go over the rules and have a laughing good time.
Important information to know about FootGolf at Walt Disney World
- Be sure to schedule you and your party to arrive at the golf course around 30 minutes prior to your scheduled tee time.
- The expected pace of play for Foot Golf at Disney’s Oak Trail Golf Course is an hour and a half.
- As of 6/20/20, until further notice, guests will be required to wear face coverings in public areas. All individuals entering the golf shop, restroom facilities, or utilizing our Food & Beverage outlets must have a face covering while in a populated public area. Once out on the golf course, or driving range facility, guests will no longer be required to wear their face covering while exercising. Maintain a social distance of at least 6’ from others at all times, and not in groups of 10 or more persons. Guests will pass through temperature screening checkpoints & will be required to adhere to the protocols before being permitted entry into each facility.
- FootGolf is available every Tuesday, Wednesday, Saturday, and Sunday after 2:30pm, subject to availability.
- If attempting to book as a single golfer, please call (407) WDW-GOLF (939-4653) up to 3 days in advance of your intended date of play to reserve your tee time. This will help ensure that we have a suitable twosome or threesome for you to be paired up with to play.
How much does it cost to play?
At Disney’s Oak Trail Golf Course the fee to play 9 holes of footgolf ranges from $20 to $29 depending on the season. Juniors (under 18 years of age) receive a 40% discount off the FootGolf course fee.
Are there any discounts for Foot Golf at Oak Trail Golf Course?
Check the GolfWDW website for discounts. As of press time, there was a 40% discount for golfers under 18 years old. Also, sign up for The Kicker's Club. Free to join! Get 5 special stamps on your card to complete the card, and get your 6th round free! Please note that all rounds must be played within 90 days to be valid towards a free round of FootGolf.
More Disney Parks Information
- Dinsey Boo Bash After Hours Event - in place of Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party.
- Disney Wish - Disney Cruise line's newest ship.
- Taste of EPCOT International Flower & Garden Festival - so much more than beautiful Disney Topiaries
- Epcot Food and Wine Festival - what food and drinks are found in what country during the Food And Wine Festival at Epcot.
- FootGolf- Located on Walt Disney World Property, FootGolf is perfect for nonpark days.