National S’mores day is August 10, National Toasted Marshmallow day is August 30, National Graham Cracker day is July 5 and every day is National Chocolate day in my house!
But this post isn’t about those days specifically but more about a simple craft your child can take to their friends to celebrate the end of school and kick off the beginning of summer! Nothing says ‘Summer’ more than a toasted marshmallow in between squares of chocolate and graham crackers. It is very Americana for me and roasting S’mores over the fire holds so many wonderful memories for me.
I thought it would be fun for the kids to take a sweet little treat to their classmates. “I Could Use S’more Friends Like You!’ is the quote on the tag. The entire craft costs about $.80 each!
How cute are these!?
Here is what you will need per kit:
- 6 graham cracker squares
- 3 strips of chocolate squares. (Hershey called each of those small rectangles a ‘pip’!)
- 3 marshmallows (Here is how you can make your own!)(or turn them into Lego Heads)
- Free Printable tags
- 1 cellophane bag
- Ribbon or string
- Hole punch & scissors
- Split the graham crackers in half forming squares. Keep your eyes out for graham crackers already in squares. It helps keep me from breaking so many crackers!
- Break the Hershey chocolate into the strips.
- Stack 6 graham squares, top with 3 strips of chocolate.
- Place squares and chocolate in the cellphone baggie.
- Arrange 2-3 marshmallows on top of the chocolate and graham squares.
- Tie with a ribbon or string.
- Punch a hole in the free printable tag and tie onto the package.
For my post on making indoor S’mores on a rainy day visit this post.