Hammock Beach Golf Resort & Spa located just south of St. Augustine, Florida is perfect for family vacations with its Jack Nicklaus designed championship golf course, Atlantic ocean views, 5 on-site restaurants, 8 pools, and a full-service on-site spa.
This member-owned luxury resort offers a one-mile beach featuring a variety of ocean activities and chair service, a 209-slip Marina, accommodating yachts of 60 feet or longer as well as 8 hydro-grid clay tennis courts, with pro shop and expert instruction.
This post is in partnership with Hammock Beach Resort as part of the We Grow Retreat. All opinions are my own.
What is there to do at Hammock Beach Resort?
Hammock Beach Resort Palm Coast, Florida as so much to offer its guests that there is no reason to step foot off the property, unless you want too, for the duration of your stay. When I am on vacation, a weekend away or even a working retreat I love when resorts have fun activities on-site to round out my stay.
Here are the activities you will find at Hammock Beach Resort:
- Pools – year round you can take a dip in the pool to cool off, get some exercise or just take a float. There is an indoor pool for rainy days, cooler months, or if you need a break from the heat. The outdoor pool is everything you would want in a Florida luxury resort pool.
- Fantasy Pool Complex – If I had been asked to build a pool for a resort the Fantasy Pool Complex is what I would have built. A zero-entry, multip level pool with a poolside bar
- Lazy river pool – a classic lazy river but the waterfalls, shooting water and multiple entry points. Leave your tube at home because pool floats are provided!
- Adults Only Pool – If you are over 16 you can enjoy the adult-only pool or take a rest in the shaded lounge areas, drink in hand, of course.
- Indoor Pool – The indoor pool is open daily from 6:00 a.m to 11:00 p.m. and features two hot tubs in a semi-private garden. The indoor pool complex is adjacent to the Fantasy Pool and has a little bit of everything including classic table tennis, and foosball. The indoor pool is perfect for those who are trying to avoid UV exposure, running from the rain or want to take a swim on a chilly Florida winter day.
- Beach – Hammock Beach Resort is at the edge of the Atlantic ocean. Bury your toes in the cinnamon shell sand and do not worry if you didn’t pack your beach towel or bring a beach chair. Hammock Beach Resort provides both to guests, free of charge!
- Fitness Center – state-of-the-art equipment with both cardio and weight training. Take a spin on one of the newest Peloton bikes. Elliptical machines feature a built-in TV screen. Hammock Beach Golf Resort & Spa offers regular classes in everything from spinning and aerobics to yoga and pilates, with a professional wellness counselor on staff. Must be at least 16 years of age.
- Tennis Center – Choose from court time rentals or lessons with tennis professionals on eight lighted Hydro-Grid clay courts overlooking the Intracoastal Waterway.
- Kids Crew – (ages 4 – 12) – kids activities include scavenger hunts, beach games, pool activities, and more! Kids ages 4-12 can enjoy an action-packed day of fun with kids in their age group while you have time to attend adult-only activities. Morning and evening drop-off programs are available which include lunch or dinner, craft making, and a day filled with fun activities. **Additional fees and check with availability)
- Nine-hole putting course – included in your resort fee is access to the professionally manicured putting course. No windmills here as you practice your putt or take a round of 9 with your girlfriends.
- Bicycle Rental – Included in your resort fee is a one-hour bicycle rental. Cruise the beach, explore the area or just pop down to the store, the beach cruising bikes are the perfect way to get around, and get a little fresh air in the process.
Here is another Luxury Florida getaway review at Hammock Beach Resort if you would like another look.
What food & drink options are available at Hammock Beach Resort?
Hammock Beach Resort & Spa offer six unique dining experiences for their guests. Something for every palate. Casual bites can be found at the Ocean Bar & Café, it is poolside! Enjoy your favorite craft beer and elevated American fare at their gastropub, Loggerheads. Indulge in homemade Italian dishes at Delfinos, or celebrate a special occasion at Atlantic Grille.
Ocean Bar & Café
The poolside bar and cafe will satisfy your hunger when you are lounging and don’t want to get up to go back to your condo or visit one of their on site restaurants. Choose from a variety of starters, wraps and other handhelds as well as some delicious salads and even a kids menu!
I loved the tater tot nachos and my friend LOVED her quesadilla. The fruit bowl was on the kids menu but it tasted so good to have fresh fruit along with the cocktail I was sipping on.
I am sure the cocktail, beer and wine menu changes but when I visited I loved the chili mango margarita , I saw MANY Miami Vice frozen cocktails leaving the bar and the French 75 went down smoothly.
Sushi Bar At Hammock Beach Resort
Perched above Delfinos is an intimate Shusi bar. With just 14 seats, 50% of which are not occupied as of September 2020, Tuesday through Saturday guests can enjoy temaki, sashimi, and chirashi, as well as a selection of signature rolls all prepared fresh by the Hammock Beach’s own Sushi Chef.
Pictured above the the Red Dragon roll and I wish I could eat one every day. Our meal started with the fried dumplings and a plate of steamed edamame. The two were the perfect appetizer to share for 2 people. We watched multiple rolls presented to guests and each one looked better than the next. Take out sushi is available if you would like to come and take it up to your condo or sit on the beach for a sushi supper, seaside.
Delfinos is the upscale Italian chophouse at Hammock Beach Resort. Delfinos is perfect for a celebration dinner, date night or anytime you are craving homemade regional Italian cuisine. Dine indoors in the cool restaurant or dine outdoors in the breeze of the Atlantic ocean.
Choose from the extensive wine list of have the mixologist shake up your favorite hand crafted cocktail. I always get the charcuterie and cheese board when there is one available on the menu and Delfinos had the perfect balance of cured meats and some of my favorite cheeses.
I had the surf and turf because it is rare for me to see shrimp as the surf portion of the steak and seafood option. I am a huge fan of sous vide cooking and I swear this steak was cooked with sous vide. It was perfect!
The Atlantic Grill at Hammock Beach Golf Resort and Spa overlooks the Atlantic ocean and the Chef serves ‘shore to table’ fresh cuisine. This casually elegant restaurant serves breakfast, lunch and dinner seven days a week.
Linen draped tables can accommodate a intimidate table for two or set up a private party for up to 16 guests. Ask for the Chef Special and let the Chef flex their culinary muscles on the freshest of the fresh seafood.
Always save room for dessert and see what is on the menu for the seasonal cake. Our cake was an apple carrot cake and it was the BEST carrot cake I have had in years.
If you are looking for my recommendations I suggest the Ahi tuna,(pictured above), Burrata and Watermelon Salad, the She crab soup and if you love Oysters, order the Oyster tasting.
We enjoyed breakfast on our last morning at the resort and I recommend the Smoked Salmon Lox with accompaniments, the market fruit and berries with yogurt and muffin is what I would have ordered for my kids if I had a second stomach I would have ordered the Banana Foster and Nutella Waffles (Caramelized Bananas, Maple Glazed Pecans).
What are the rooms like at Hammock Beach Resort?
The rooms at Hammock Beach Resort in Florida are more than just a luxury resort rooms, they are condominiums! Select from a one, two, three or four-bedroom condominium featuring a gorgeous master bedroom, private bathroom with dual vanities, a walk-in shower and a large garden tub, all with an open-air covered balcony with ocean and golf course views.
Oceanview, One-Bedroom Suites
Conveniently located near resort dining, the spa & fitness center, Fantasy Pool Complex and the beach take in the view of the Atlantic ocean in your one-bedroom suite at Hammock Beach Resort. Sink into the King-sized bed and pull out the queen sleeper sofa for the kids in this 700 square foot studio style room. The kitchenette includes a small refrigerator, coffee maker, and a two-burner stovetop. Don’t forget to take a well-deserved soak in the large, luxurious free-standing garden tub
3 & 4 Bedroom Luxury Condominiums – Main Tower
Housed in the Main Tower, choose from a 3 bedroom or a 4 bedroom luxury condominium for your stay at Hammock Beach Resort. These accommodations have more square footage than MY HOUSE checking in at 2,100 – 3,700 sq. ft, 3-4 bedrooms, sleeping 6 guests, full-sized and fully equipped kitchen with a dining room that seats up to 8. Your balcony will overlook either the ocean or the golf course. A bonus for families is an in-room washer and dryer.
3 Bedroom Luxury Condos – Ocean Tower
3 bedrooms and 2,800 square feet will help you rest in luxury in the Ocean Tower at Hammock Beach Resort. Sleeping 6 people in queen or king beds everyone can relax on the pen-air covered balcony with table and chairs overlooking ocean & golf course views. Cook up your favorites in the full-sized kitchen and serve in the separate dining room that seats up to 8 or dine at any of the 6 on-property restaurants and eateries.
The Lodge At Hammock Beach
On the grounds of Hammock Beach Golf Resort & Spa sits an ocean-front boutique hotel. The lodge features 20 well-appointed guest hotel rooms with views of the coast and The Ocean Course. The lodge is a short walk to the amenities of Hammock Beach Resort and also houses the award-winning Atlantic Grille. The Lodge at Hammock Beach is the location where you will be able to bring your pets when you go on vacation.
The Villas at Hammock Beach Resort
The 2 and 3 bedroom Villas on the grounds of Hammock Beach Resort have a tropical garden view are located steps from the main resort building. Each villa has a full-sized kitchen, a laundry room with washer and dryer, a separate dining room that can accommodate up to 8 people. The two-bedroom Villa sleeps 4 guests where the three-bedroom Villa sleeps 6 guests. Complimentary parking is close by.
Are pets allowed at Hammock Beach Resort?
The resort does have a no pet policy but they will welcome your pet to The Lodge. Bring up to two (2) pets with a combined weight limit of 50 pounds. Cats and dogs are both welcomed! A nightly fee of $75++ will be charged to your guest room per pet, per night. Availability is limited.
Which room amenities are available at Hammock Beach Resort?
- Free High-Speed Internet (WiFi)
- Free parking
- Air conditioning
- Private beach
- Additional bathroom
- Private balcony
- Flatscreen TV
- Room service (check for availability)
- Pool / beach towels
What is there to do in the Palm Coast area?
If you are staying for more than a few day at Hammock beach Gold Resort and Spa, you may want to venture off property and see what Palm Coast, Florida has to offer.
- St. Augustine Alligator Farm Zoological Park – learn about tropical animals with their wildlife shows, saltwater crocodile exhibits, say hello to the 21 foot python, snap a photo of the rare albino alligator, try to get a selfie with a sloth and so much more!
- Visit St. Augustine – Take a tour through history with the living history museum like the Castillo de San Marcos or shop until you drop families and couples alike will have fun local restaurants, attractions and nightlife.
- Take a wine tour – visit San Sebastian Winery 7 days a week for complimentary wine tasting be sure to enjoy the live music at The Cellar Upstairs Bar and Restaurant, located on the rooftop of the Winery building. This is one of the best-kept secrets with locals. Open only on weekends.
- Visit Flagger, Fl – A lovely drive down the coast to visit the Flagger beaches. The sand is soft and almost has a rosy color to it. A fun beach town with neat local shops to visit and so much icecream! Stop by the oceanfront restaurant, The Funky Pelican for casual beach fare and bloody mary’s. You also can’t leave without trying the gator bites!
- Visit Marineland – Gone are the days when the emphasis was on performing animals. Now guests join the animals in their habitats and make the physical and emotional connections that inevitably lead to a true understanding of why we need to protect these incredible animals and their marine environment. 80 years after opening their doors, Marineland continues to grow as a leader in marine conservation, animal care and community education.
- Hammock Beach members and guests take advantage of 50% off any in-water program at Marineland through September 30. Use promo code HAMMOCKBEACH50.
What is included in the resort fee at Hammock Beach Resort?
- Pools – Choose from 9 different pools to take a dip, leisurely float or get in your laps. The indoor pool features swim lanes and ping pong and foosball, poolside. Relax in one of the two hot tubs in a semi-private garden.
- Kids Crew – Morning and evening drop off times gives parents the adults-only time they want while their kids go on scavenger hunts, beach games, pool activities, and more. Check for availability and additional fees.
- Marina – Hammock Beach Marina offers private club amenities on the Intracoastal Waterway. Contact your Harbormaster for more information at 386-597-5030 or send an email to [email protected]
- Tennis – Choose from court time rentals or lessons with tennis professionals on eight lighted Hydro-Grid clay courts overlooking the Intracoastal Waterway. For court time or to book a private lesson, please call 386.597.5020.
- Beach Access – Towels, chairs and umbrellas are provided so all you need to do is soak in the sun, dig your toes in the sand and relax.
- Fitness Center – The Hammock Beach Resort Fitness Center offers its guests state-of-the-art equipment with both cardio and weight training. Don’t miss a ride on Peloton bikes and the Elliptical machines feature a built-in TV screen. Hammock Beach Golf Resort & Spa offers regular classes in everything from spinning and aerobics to yoga and pilates, with a professional wellness counselor on staff. Must be at least 16 years of age.
- 9 hole putting course – No windmills here! Guests can enjoy the professionally manicured nine-hole putting course, working on getting that put JUST right. No T-time required, just step up and take a swing.
- Bicycling – One-hour bicycle rental, per day are included in your nightly resort fee. Take the beach cruising bikes to ride around the resort, head down to the grocery store for a bottle of wine for your condo, or just to get a bit of exercise. Tip from me: you can ride more than an hour a day… just see if the bikes are available!