Here is the complete list of rides at Hersheypark, the best Hersheypark rollercoasters, height requirements of all the rides, kids rides at Hersheypark and water rides in Hersheypark.
We are Hersheypark season pass holders and we get our monies worth after just 3 visits to the park. We get discounts on Hersheypark tickets for our friends and we get full access to Springtime in the park, Hersheypark in the dark, as well as Hersheypark Christmas Candylane. There is not a ticket needed to visit Chocolatetown with all the restaurants and shops but we are sure to pick up a snack on our way out of the park each time. Got to love that kettle corn!
Hersheypark is known across the country for its rollercoasters. From the classics like the sooperdooperLooper and Lightning Racer to thrillers such as Fahrenheit and Skyrush and new in 2020, Candominium there is something for every coaster enthusiast in your family.
- Candominium at Hersheypark – This is a steel coaster, with a height of 210 feet. This is a very aggressive ride with high speed/high banked turns, several airtime hills, and speeds of 76 mph.
- Cocoa Cruiser – This ride is a steel coaster for families to enjoy. This coaster features a 12-foot drop and mild turns and speeds.
- Comet – Hersheypark -This is a wooden coaster with a 96-foot drop and a 60-foot drop, reaching speeds of 50 mph.
- Fahrenheit – Hersheypark – This is a vertical, lift loop coaster. It ascends 121 feet before plummeting down a 97-degree drop.
- Great Bear – This is a steel, inverted coaster with a 125 foot first hill drop. It loops and twists; reaching speeds of 61 mph. Guests must sit in an upright position with their feet dangling below them. Guests with prosthetic legs must remove them in order to ride.
- Laff Trakk – This ride is an indoor, dark, spinning coaster in which independently rotating cars travel along a coaster track. Guests with conditions that may be triggered by strobe or chasing lighting effects should not ride. Guests under 5 years of age may not ride. This ride may not accommodate guests of exceptional size (height/weight). Guests taller than 6’4” may not be accommodated.
- Lightning Racer – This ride is a wooden roller coaster with a 90-foot drop reaching more than 50 mph.
- Sidewinder – This is a steel, forward and backward looping coaster, with a height of 105 feet, six loops, and speeds of 55 mph. The riders sit in an upright position with a shoulder harness brought down over their heads.
- Skyrush – Hersheypark – This is a steel coaster, with a height of 200 feet. This is a very aggressive ride with four high speed/high banked turns, five airtime hills, and speeds of 75 mph. Guests with prosthetic legs must remove them in order to ride. Guests with casts or hard braces will not be permitted to ride. This ride may not accommodate guests of exceptional size (height/weight). Guests taller than 6’5” may not be accommodated.
- sooperdooperLooper – This is a steel single loop coaster with an 81 foot drop, two tight spirals, and speeds of 45 mph. Guests with casts or hard braces are not permitted to ride.
- Storm Runner – Hersheypark – This is a steel launch coaster, with a maximum height of 150 feet. It loops and twists reaching speeds of 72 mph.
- Trailblazer – This ride is a mild, steel coaster with one hill, two tight spirals, and a 52- foot drop at 30 mph.
- Wild Mouse – This is a coaster-type ride with many tight turns, steep hills, and rapid deceleration. Individual cars DO NOT STOP at the loading and unloading locations. If you need the cars to be stopped, please alert the ride operator.
- Wildcat – This is a wooden roller coaster with an 85-foot drop on the first hill, reaching speeds of 48 mph with several twisting curves.
- Breakers Edge Water Coaster – a water ride that mimics similar actions of a traditional roller coaster including sudden drops, and tight turns. Each rider should have the physical abilities to support themselves in an upright riding position, while grasping the handles at all times, during the course of the ride and landing area.
|Rollercoaster||Max Speed||Ride Height||Ride Length||Ride Time|
|Candymonium||76 mph||210 ft||4,636 ft||2 min, 26 sec|
|Cocoa Cruiser||14 ft||279 ft||2 minutes|
|Comet||50 mph||96 ft||3,360 ft||1 min, 45 sec|
|Fahrenheit||58 mph||121 ft||2,700 ft||1 min, 25 sec|
|Great Bear||61 mph||124 ft||2,800 ft||2 min, 15 sec|
|Laff Trakk||40 mph||51 ft||1,400 ft||1 min, 10 sec|
|Lightning Racer||50 mph||90 ft||3,400 ft||1 min, 20 sec|
|Sidewinder||47 mph||105 ft||875 ft||1 min, 45 sec|
|Skyrush||75 mph||200 ft||3,600 ft||1 min, 3 sec|
|sooperdooperLooper||45 mph||57 ft||2,614 ft||1 min, 45 sec|
|Storm Runner||72 mph||180 ft||2,600 ft||1 minute|
|Trailblazer||45 mph||52 feet||1,600 ft||1 min, 15 sec|
|Wild Mouse||28 mph||85 ft||3,100 ft||1 min, 58 sec|
|Wildcat||48 mph||85 ft||3,100 ft||1 min, 15 sec|
|Breakers Edge |
|20 feet/sec||37 ft||941.91 ft||1 min, 18 sec|
Hersheypark Rides Attraction Ratings
Children’s Rides at Hersheypark
This is a low-speed, gentle attraction intended for young children and may accommodate chaperones where permitted.
- Balloon Flite
- Dizzy Drums
- Frog Hopper
- Granny Bugs
- Livery Stables
- Mini Pirate
- Mini Scrambler
- Misfit Bug
- Minty Bees
- Pony Parade
- Red Baron
- Sandcastle Cove
- Shoreline Sprayground
- Space Age
- Sweet Swing
- Swing Thing
- Tea Cups
- Tiny Tracks
- Traffic Jam
Mild Thrill Rides At Hersheypark
This is a low to medium speed attraction with expected changes in elevation and speed. This attraction is not intended for unaccompanied toddlers or very young children.
- Bayside Pier
- Dry Gulch Railroad
- Ferris Wheel
- Intercoastal Waterway
- Kissing Tower
- Reese’s Cupfusion
- Twin Turnpike Classic Cars & Speedway
Hill Thrill Rides At Hersheypark
This is a fast paced attraction experience with unexpected changes in speed, direction, and/or elevation. This attraction may contain significant twists, turns, bumps, spins, and loops, and requires full rider body control.
- Coal Cracker
- Coastline Plunge
- Fender Bender
- Lightning Racer
- The Claw
- The Shore
- Tidal Force
Moderate Thrill Rides At Hersheypark Attraction
This is a medium speed attraction where riders may experience unexpected changes in elevation and speed. This attraction may contain moderate twists, turns, bumps, spins, and loops, and requires full rider body control.
- Breakers Edge Water Coaster
- Cocoa Cruiser
- East Coast Waterworks
- Frontier Flyers
- Music Express
- Starship America
- The Howler
- Wave Swinger
- Whitecap Racer
Aggressive Thrill Rides At Hersheypark
This is a high-speed attraction experience. Riders will experience many unexpected, rapid
changes in speed, direction, and/or elevation requiring full rider body control. This attraction is not recommended for guests with physical, cognitive, and/or medical limitations.
- Coastline Plunge
- Great Bear
- Hershey Triple Tower
- Laff Trakk
- Storm Runner
- Wild Mouse
Hersheypark Water Rides At Hersheypark
Height requirements for rides at Hersheypark:
Each attraction height requirement is represented by a Hershey’s candy brand. Guests can stop by any Guest Services location inside Hersheypark to be officially measured, be assigned a
height category and be fitted with a plastic wrist band indicating their official attraction height.
Height requirements are posted at each attraction with Hershey Candy signage. All guests, including those using a wheelchair or other mobility device, must meet the height requirements.
- Miniatures – 0” to 36” – Miniatures height category are for the smallest guests. Hand-held infants are not allowed on rides.
- Hershey’s Kiss – 36” to 42”
- Reese’s – 42” to 48”
- Hershey’s Bar – 48” to 54”
- Twizzlers – 54” to 60”
- Jolly Ranchers – 60” and over
All The Rides At Hersheypark (alphabetical order)
- Balloon Flite – This cycling kiddie ride flies at a moderate speed, providing the perfect amount of thrill and ease for a smaller child and their fellow adventurers.
- Bayside Pier – zero-depth entry ramp and enjoy rolling waves, fountains, tipping cones, and more!
- Breakers Edge Water Coaster – Riders accelerate on rafts through a dynamic course of drops, dives, and maximum g-force curves that re-define water thrill rides.
- Candymonium – 210-foot ascent up the tallest hill, dip into thrilling drops including 7 camelback hills that serve up the ultimate feeling of freedom with the most airtime in Hersheypark. Reaches maximum speeds of 76 MPH.
- Carrousel – this historic ride is getting a new home in the Hershey’s Chocolatetown. Every member of the family can experience a ride on a moving horse, stationary horse, or chariot. Plus, enjoy music provided by a Wurlitzer model 153 military band organ.
- Coal Cracker – a wet ride full of splashes through water canals, over small hills, and down one big plunge!
- Coastline Plunge (Hydro, Pipeline, Riptide, Surge)- water slide and experience a thrilling course of open-air slides, dark tunnels, and back-to-back serpentine curves on a 1 or 2 person inline tube.
- Coastline Plunge Vortex & Whirlwind – Two tubing riders speed through the dark tunnels of Coastline Plunge- Whirlwind water slide before dropping into the thrilling flume for back-to-back “vertical” banks followed by a splash pool exit. Splash pool depth is 3.5 feet.
- Cocoa Cruiser – a steel roller coaster that is perfect for our smallest thrill seekers! Experience this fun milestone alongside your child as you race around the bright yellow track for 2 fun-filled minutes.
- Comet – a classic wooden coaster best known for several airtime-producing bunny hills and its long reign inside Hersheypark
- Convoy – This caravan moves at a low speed to make sure all of the precious cargo is delivered safely and sweetly.
- Dizzy Drums – a low-speed, gentle alternative to the Tea Cups
- Dry Gulch Railroad – a miniature reproduction of a 19th century steam-powered railway, operated by real steam engine engineers!
- East Coast Waterworks – slides, 2 crawl tunnels, a 10,000-gallon tipping bucket, nearly 600 interactive water toys, and more than 54,000 gallons of splashing fun for all ages.
- Fahrenheit – 121-foot lift hill before plummeting down the signature Fahrenheit coaster 97-degree drop
- Fender Bender – Steer your car into your friends and families cars to bump them out of your way! Guests can control the speed of their individual car.
- Ferris Wheel – Guests of every height category can enjoy the beautiful views of Hersheypark® from nearly 100 feet!
- Frog Hopper – Is your little one not quite ready for the thrill level of Hershey Triple Tower The Frog Hopper is the perfect stepping stone. This ride lifts passengers, of all heights, then “hops” them back down.
- Frontier Flyers – Steer your way through the air on Frontier Flyers by using the movable front fin.
- Granny Bugs – This ride moves at a low-speed and circles kids around a small track.
- Great Bear – inverted steel coaster leaves your feet dangling as it lifts 90 feet off the ground and launches into a thrilling, yet graceful course of drops, loops, corkscrews, and a zero-g roll
- Helicopters – Little pilots-in-training soar through the sky at a low-speed. Pull back on the bar and soar even higher!
- Hershey Triple Tower – Drop in on thrills and fun from a variety of height on Hershey Triple Tower, the first choose-your-thrill triple tower in the United States.
- Intercoastal Waterway – This slow, winding lazy river ride features bridges and waterfalls and reaches depths of 2 feet and is accessed via a zero-depth entry ramp.
- Kissing Tower – experience a 360° view of Hersheypark® and the town of Hershey, while learning about the town’s history.
- Laff Trakk – the first indoor, spinning, glow-coaster in the United States.
- Lightning Racer – This double-track wooden roller coaster features two staggered lifts and a thrilling element of competition.
- Livery Stables – This low-speed and gentle ride is the perfect stepping stone before jumping in the saddle on the big Carrousel!
- Mini Pirate – the perfect low-speed and gentle way to ease into the thrill of swings and the feeling of weightlessness.
- Mini Scrambler – low-speed Mini Scrambler will scramble up lots of laughs and prepare our youngest guests for even bigger thrills next summer, when they’re taller!
- Mini-Himalaya – takes you gently over small hills while moving on a circle track
- Minty Bees – little riders buzz through the air and have fun all along the way!.
- Misfit Bug – Riders fly around a small track at a low speed.
- Monorail – Enjoy an elevated, round-trip audio tour over Hersheypark, ZooAmerica North American Wildlife Park, and parts of historic downtown Hershey.
- Music Express – Guests sit in 3 passenger rows and spin rapidly to the music! Don’t forget to sing along and hold on tight!
- Pirate – the Pirate swings back and forth thrill-seekers will feel weightless at varying heights
- Pony Parade – children will enjoy a horse-drawn ride around a circular track! Grab hold of the reigns and let’s ride!
- Red Baron – Children glide through the air at a slow and gentle speed at their own height, on these realistic biplanes.
- Reese’s Cupfusion – sweet full-sensory adventure with multiple ways to play for the entire family.
- Sandcastle Cove – Children can splash, play, and explore the water slides, cannons, water curtains, jets, and pool. Pool depth reaches depths of 18 inches and is accessed via a zero depth entry ramp.
- Scrambler – high-speed spinning motions that may result in uncontrollable laughter.
- Shoreline Sprayground – This all-ages water fun playground features misters, bubblers, dancing fountains, spraying jets, water curtains, a drenching tipping bucket, and plenty of laughs. Shoreline Sprayground is surrounded by comfortable, shaded seating and is the perfect place for your family to recharge on a hot summer day!
- Sidewinder – This steel roller coaster completes its spectacular flight, only to return to its starting point in an exciting “boomerang” style. A total of 3 loops each way, a single ride involves being turned upside down 6 times!
- Skyrush – climb 200 feet into the air before flying downhill at 75 mph. Experience 4 high speed turns, 5 zero-G airtime hills – all from a thrilling, winged-seat coaster train!
- Skyview – enjoy an aerial round-trip gondola ride through The Hollow region and over Spring Creek.
- sooperdooperLooper – Experience the first-ever looping coaster on the East Coast! Riders also enjoy a family-friendly course of small dips, drops, and bunny hills on this classic steel coaster.
- Space Age – Your kiddos can cruise through the air on a space mission in these futuristic starships.
- Starship America – enjoy this ride as it goes up and down and around in a circle.
- Storm Runner – coaster launches riders from 0-72 mph in 2 seconds flat and that’s just the beginning. This one-of-a-kind coaster takes riders through a thrilling 135-foot cobra loop, barrel rolls, a dramatic flying snake dive, and a screeching halt before slowly gliding back into the station.
- Sweet Swing – the thrill of weightlessness as you glide back and forth on our 12-person swing set.
- Swing Thing – the perfect way to introduce your little one into the feeling of flying through the air! Watch them smile and wave while they fly at a low speed!
- Tea Cups – Sit back and enjoy the ride, or spin as fast as you can!
- The Claw – Take a ride 64 feet in the air in the grasp of The Claw℠ ride! This ride will roar through the sky back and forth like a pendulum, while also spinning.
- The Howler – The car moves rapidly in and out in dizzying circles. Guests control the thrill level by spinning their own car!
- The Shore – This 378,000 gallon wave pool gradually deepens from 0 to 6 feet and is the perfect place for the whole family to cool off and catch a wave!
- Tidal Force – 100-foot incline before diving downhill at speeds exceeding 50 mph where you’ll be greeted by one of the largest splashes in Hersheypark!
- Tilt-A-Whirl – whirl in a series of spins and twirls over small, but thrilling hills. Whirl and twirl with the whole family on the classic Tilt-A-Whirl.
- Tiny Tracks – Riders can choose between relaxing in the caboose or ringing the bell in the engine!
- Traffic Jam – Children can ride motorcycles, cars, and buses around the circle at a low speed.
- Trailblazer – The whole family can enjoy a fast-paced coaster ride through Pioneer Country! Trailblazer coaster reaches speeds of 45 mph and features a helix that circles a total of 4 times!
- Twin Turnpike – Classic Cars & Speedway – behind the wheel or catch a ride in a Model T and cruise along on Twin Turnpike.
- Wave Swinger – Glide through the air above the treetops and take in sweet views of The Hollow area from above!
- Waverider – water attraction provides a sweet, simulated surf experience.
- Whip – Get ready for sudden turns and twists on the fun, fast-paced track of the whip.
- Whitecap Racer – the longest mat racing slide in the world to see how fast you can slide by the end of summer! Experience an industry-first of double looping tunnels with a Rally Point where neighboring competitors can be seen and heard.
- Wild Mouse – Experience the wild illusion of falling as this coaster scurries through a course of tight corners, exciting drops, and edgy turns.
- Wildcat – Enjoy the thrill of a classic wooden roller coaster! Wildcat coaster sends riders barreling over hills, bumps, and turns at speeds of 45 miles per hour.
The New Hersheypark Rollercoaster
New for 2020 is Candymonium. This is a steel coaster, with a height of 210 feet. This is a very aggressive ride with high speed/high banked turns, several airtime hills, and speeds of 76 mph. Guests need to transfer in and out of cars. Each guest needs to be able to hold their head upright and have an appropriate center of gravity for bracing to maintain a seated position during a fast ride, and be able to brace for rapid deceleration. Guests with prosthetic(s) should see the ride attendant or visits Guest Services for more information. Guests with casts or hard braces will not be permitted to ride. This ride may not accommodate guests of exceptional size (height/weight).
Ride Access: Non-ambulatory guests should enter through the ride exit or elevator and contact the ride attendant for assistance. Ambulatory guests will enter through the Fast Track entrance at the front of the attraction.