Lasagna stuffed shells are a great prep ahead meal for busy week nights. Check out my trick on how to easily stuff the pasta shells with minimal mess.
Lasagna Stuffed Shells Recipe
We love Lasagna in our house but I make this twist on the recipe using large pasta shells to create lasagna stuffed shells. This recipe has ground beef, ricotta cheese, cottage cheese, spinach, parmesan cheese stuffed into large pasta shells nestled in your favorite tomato sauce. But you are welcome to switch up this recipe to fit your favorite flavors.
What is the best way to fill stuffed shells?
For me the best way to fill stuffed shells is using a pastry bag with out a tip! You might try a gallon zip top bag, if you don’t have a pastry bag, but I have always had bad luck with them busting open at the seam. It is probably just me. I know lots of people who have great luck using them.
Lasagna Stuffed Shells Ingredients:
- large shells (cooked 1 minute less than recommended and cooled to handle)
- ground beef, cooked
- frozen, chopped spinach. Thawed and excess water squeezed out
- ricotta cheese
- Large curd cottage cheese
- parmesan cheese (Freshly grated if you have it. If not, no big deal.)
- jar pasta sauce (your choice!)
- mozzarella cheese
How to make stuffed lasagna shells:
- Combine ricotta cheese, large curd cottage cheese, parmesan cheese and egg together in a large bowl.
- Add cooked ground beef and drained, chopped frozen spinach. Stir to combine.
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil and cook large pasta shells according to package directions.
- Drain and cool the pasta shells.
- Fill pastry bag, with out a tip, and pipe the filling into each shell.
- In a 9×13, spread one jar of your favorite pasta sauce.
- Place the filled shells on the sauce.
- Sprinkle with mozzarella cheese, cover with foil.
- Bake at 425 for 35-45 minutes.
Printable Lasagna Stuffed Shells Recipe:
Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving:Calories: 506 Total Fat: 27g Saturated Fat: 13g Trans Fat: 1g Unsaturated Fat: 10g Cholesterol: 129mg Sodium: 1167mg Carbohydrates: 28g Fiber: 3g Sugar: 12g Protein: 37g