Legoland New York Resort has delayed its opening until 2021 and will be the 9th Legoland resort in the world and the only one in the northeast. Awesome awaits for all ages in Legoland, NY with 4D cinema experiences, LEGO rides, MINILAND and so much more indoor family fun!
Where is Legoland, NY being built?
Legoland New York is currently under construction in Goshen, New York, about 60 miles northwest of New York City. Legoland NY will be the first theme park to be built in the northeast in decades. Families from New York, New Jersey, Connecticut, Pennsylvania, Massachusetts, and surrounding states will have an awesome at the 9th Legoland in the world.
What will be at Legoland, NY?
Visit Legoland New York to find more than 50 interactive rides, shows and attractions, for kids and families to spend a whole day together – or even several days – exploring seven LEGO-themed “lands”. While there are no current plans for a water park at Legoland New York, there will be water-themed rides. Additionally, there WILL NOT be a SEA LIFE Aquarium at Legoland, NY when it first opens but there IS plans to potentially open one in future expansion.
What are the Lego ‘lands’ in Legoland New York?
- The Factory will be the first section visitors will encounter. Here you will find the Great LEGO Adventure ride, where kids travel through the manufacturing process into a box and into the hands of a toy’s new owner.
- Bricktopia is where kids work with the Master Model Builders to construct their own LEGO creations. An Earthquake Table will determine how sturdy their LEGO towers are. This area will also have an Imagination Celebration ride and a Stepping Tones attraction that will trigger LEGO instruments.
- LEGO NINJAGO World will have a training camp where kids can learn the ancient art of Spinjitzu. When they complete training, they can test their skills on NINJAGO: The Ride, where they will battle the Great Devourer with their hands.
- Heartlake City will be the home of the LEGO Friends Emma, Olivia, Stephanie, Andrea, and Mia. They will be able to take a balloon ride over Pinefall Woods and sample LEGOLAND’s signature Granny’s Apple Fries. Knights’ Kingdom will be the home of the LEGO Castle and the Dragon Coaster.
- LEGO City will be the home of the Minifigures. A Rescue Academy will train kids to be LEGO City firefighters. A LEGO Driving School is where kids can earn their official LEGOLAND driver’s license.
- Pirate Shores will have a galleon where the kids can experience the feeling of a storm. Another water ride will be called Rogue Wave Riders.
- Miniland will be a collection of interactive LEGO figures in the shape of notable structures from cities around the country.
How Tall Do You Need To Be To Ride The Rides At Legoland?
Legoland, like all theme parks, have height restrictions in place to keep guests safe as they ride the attractions. It looks like the magic hight requirement for your child to ride UNACCOMPANIED on a ride is 48 inches. Children have a minimum height requirement of 36 inches to ride any ride and children under 42 inches must be accompanied on the ride.
- The Dragon: Minimum height requirement is 42 inches. Children under 48 inches must be accompanied on the ride.
- Dragon’s Apprentice: Minimum height requirement is 36 inches. Children under 42 inches must be accompanied on the ride.
- Driving School: Ages 6-13.
- Junior Driving School: Ages 3-5.
What is Lego Minifigure Trading?
Much like Disney Pin Trading, you can purchase or bring Minifigures to trade with Model Citizens (employees) in the Park. Look for Model Citizens to wear a Minifigure on their brick badge (LEGO name tag). Feel free to ask them to trade with you! I think I am going to be chasing down Park Employees just like I do at Disney Parks to check out their trades.
**Minifigures must be LEGO Minifigures and traded in complete form, including head, body, and legs. If accessories are included, you are in luck!
Do adults need tickets for Legoland?
While Legoland is created for awesome kids ages 2-12, everyone is welcome to come and enjoy! Everyone age 3 an up need a ticket to enter Legoland. Kids 2 and under are free of charge!
What is the Legoland Play Pass?
- Valid for 12 months from date of first visit
- Includes unlimited visits to LEGOLAND NY (Blackout dates apply, including peak times during summer season and holidays. Operating Calendar will be posted closer to Park opening.)
- LEGOLAND NY e-News (offers, previews and more…)
How much does a Legoland Play Pass cost?
The Play Pass is offered for $94.99 each. The Play Pass, Annual Pass is designed to pay for itself in less than two visits.
How long will the Play Pass be available?
Legoland Play Pass is available for a limited time as it will not be part of Legoland New York’s normal Annual Pass offers which will be launched later this year.
Can you share a Legoland Annual pass with a friend?
Your Legoland annual pass is not transferable or shareable. Legoland will use a photograph and barcode scan as you enter the front gate. This will also protect you if your Annual Pass is lost or stolen.
Is parking included with my Legoland New York annual pass?
While the Legoland NY annual pass does not include parking, a parking pass upgrade can be purchased and added to your pass.
What is the food like at Legoland, New York?
I am a BIG fan of park food, see more amusement park food articles below, and while I have not seen a full list of food available at Legoland I have read that they will be offering wood-fired pizza, truly homemade pasta, hickory-smoked ribs, barbecued chicken, freshly tossed salads, healthy made-to-order sandwiches, juicy grilled burgers and more! I can’t wait to see what the menu looks like!
Outside food is not permitted in the park with the exceptions of water, small snacks, and items required for medical, religious or specific dietary purposes are allowed to be brought into the park.
More theme park food articles: The Ultimate Food And Drink List: Wizarding World of Harry Potter, Orlando | Epcot Food and Wine Festival (Country by country) | Paradiso 37
How big is Legoland New York?
Legoland New York will be the largest Legoland ever built! The Resort will initially occupy 150 acres with the full property being 500 acres. Lots of land to build!
Will Legoland New York be open all year?
Legoland NY will be open seasonally. From early spring to late fall and when the Legoland hotel opens in 2021 the hotel will be open year round.
Save to Pinterest:
<div id="nv8zrpsi2u7niijg0ydo" data-volume="70" data-ratio="16:9"> </div>
Sarah Mock is a classically trained Chef and graduate of Johnson & Wales University. A culinary blogger for 12 years Sarah helps the home cook prepare her recipes with professional results.