Here is a list of amazing pear dessert recipes for when you are up to your ears in pears and want to take advantage of the sweet bounty of pears. Pears are often overlooked as an elegant dessert for a dinner party but these recipes are sure to please.
What are the best pears to bake with?
Bosc and Anjou varieties are my choice for baking pears because they hold their shape and texture. If I can’t find a Bosc or Anjou I will reach for a Bartlett. If at all possible, leave Comice pears for eating instead of cooking. They fall apart when baked whole or used in pies.
What can I make with lots of pears?
When pears are in season they are delicious and you want to take advantage of all their juicy deliciousness. I love to make pear sauce when I am up to my ears in pears. Here is a list of pear desserts you can make when you up to your ears in pears:
- Italian Almond Pear Cake (Gluten-Free) by Zesty Olive
- Christmas Cookies Rosemary Pear Thumbprint Cookie by The Road To Honey
- Browned Butter Pear Crisp by Life Made Simple Bakes
- Cranberry Ginger Pear Pie by Brown Eyed Baker
- Pear Pie Crumble Bars by Crazy For Crust
- Granola Pear Bread by Running To The Kitchen
- Quick and Easy Honey Pear Tart by Sally’s Baking Addiction
- Brown Butter Pear Crepes by Tutti Dolci
- Phyllo Wrapped Ice Cream Stuffed Pears by Yummy Mummy Kitchen
- Ginger Pear Cupcakes by My Sweet Sanity
- Slow Cooker Butter Pecan Pear Cake by Thrifty Jinxy
- Pear Butter by Simply Recipes
- Pear Custard Pie by Dinner At The Zoo
- Apple Pear Cake With Cream Cheese Frosting And Salted Caramel by Drizzle And Dip
- Plum Pear Galette by Accidental Happy Baker
- Gluten Free Vegan Pear Dark Chocolate Pudding by Rhian’s Recipes
- Upside Down Pear Gingerbread Cake by Sally’s Baking Addiction
- Healthy Pear Muffins by Carlsbad Cravings
- Maple Cinnamon Baked Pears by Zesty Olive
- Pear Ginger Maple Pie by Simply Recipes