Here is a list of amazing pear dessert recipes for when you are up to your ears in pears and want to take advantage of the sweet bounty of pears. Pears are often overlooked as an elegant dessert for a dinner party but these recipes are sure to please.
What are the best pears to bake with?
Bosc and Anjou varieties are my choice for baking pears because they hold their shape and texture. If I can’t find a Bosc or Anjou I will reach for a Bartlett. If at all possible, leave Comice pears for eating instead of cooking. They fall apart when baked whole or used in pies.
What can I make with lots of pears?
When pears are in season they are delicious and you want to take advantage of all their juicy deliciousness. I love to make pear sauce when I am up to my ears in pears. Here is a list of pear desserts you can make when you up to your ears in pears:
- Italian Almond Pear Cake (Gluten-Free) by Zesty Olive
- Christmas Cookies Rosemary Pear Thumbprint Cookie by The Road To Honey
- Browned Butter Pear Crisp by Life Made Simple Bakes
- Cranberry Ginger Pear Pie by Brown Eyed Baker
- Pear Pie Crumble Bars by Crazy For Crust
- Granola Pear Bread by Running To The Kitchen
- Quick and Easy Honey Pear Tart by Sally’s Baking Addiction
- Brown Butter Pear Crepes by Tutti Dolci
- Phyllo Wrapped Ice Cream Stuffed Pears by Yummy Mummy Kitchen
- Ginger Pear Cupcakes by My Sweet Sanity
- Slow Cooker Butter Pecan Pear Cake by Thrifty Jinxy
- Pear Butter by Simply Recipes
- Pear Custard Pie by Dinner At The Zoo
- Apple Pear Cake With Cream Cheese Frosting And Salted Caramel by Drizzle And Dip
- Plum Pear Galette by Accidental Happy Baker
- Gluten Free Vegan Pear Dark Chocolate Pudding by Rhian’s Recipes
- Upside Down Pear Gingerbread Cake by Sally’s Baking Addiction
- Healthy Pear Muffins by Carlsbad Cravings
- Maple Cinnamon Baked Pears by Zesty Olive
- Pear Ginger Maple Pie by Simply Recipes
Pear pie with streusel topping, filled with chopped pears and accented with candied ginger and maple syrup. A perfectly delicious autumn pie.
Baking the pears allows the pears to soften and absorb the flavors of the maple, cinnamon and ginger.
Flaky pastry crust is filled with juicy pears and plums, then brushed with a red plum and honey glaze. This fresh summer dessert is ready in about 30 minutes and is fabulously easy to make.
In this pear custard pie, fresh pears are combined with a rich and creamy 5 minute custard, then baked to perfection for a simple yet elegant dessert.
This Gluten-Free Vegan Pear Dark Chocolate Pudding is rich and fudgy, and tastes much more indulgent than it really is!
This recipe would be a special addition to any dinner for the holidays. Just be sure to stuff your pears with ice cream the night before.
This boldly spiced upside-down pear gingerbread cake combines your favorite holiday spices with juicy pears, brown sugar caramel sauce, and cool whipped cream.
The cake itself is not too sweet and has a dense, almost pudding like in texture. The sweetness of the cream cheese frosting and the salted caramel drizzle finishes this off perfectly.
This pear bread is stuffed with granola, super hearty and just slightly sweet. It’s perfect for breakfast or as an afternoon snack with tea.
Homemade pear butter spiced with star anise, ginger, lemon, cardamom, and nutmeg.
You can use your slow cooker to make a delicious slow cooker dessert like this Slow Cooker Butter Pecan Pear Cake!
Breakfast has never tasted better.
As much as I love pie, I almost love pie bars even more. They’re portable, easier to cut, and the crust: filling ratio is weighted in the crust’s favor.
ONE BOWL quick and easy Lowfat Coconut Pecan Pear Muffins bursting with toasted coconut and pecans and super moist from pear puree – you won’t believe they are guilt free!!
This is a quintessential fall pie - pears, cranberries and three different types of ginger make for a fabulous dessert
It’s sweet, packed full of cinnamon and topped with the most amazing browned butter topping. Oh, and it super easy to throw together!!
Update your Thumbprint Cookie this holiday season by adding fresh rosemary to the buttery base & topping it off with a refreshing dollop of pear jam.