Pixar Fest is happening at Disneyland Resort and Disney California Adventure Park this summer and it will be incredible! Here is everything you need to know before you head to Pixar Fest. Preview the Pixar Fest food, rides, parades and fireworks.
Pixar Fest at Disneyland Resort
Pixar Fest Dates
Feel the magic of all things Pixar with the celebration of Pixar Fest this April 13 through Sept. 3, 2018, at the Disneyland Resort. This is a first time ever event! Pixar Fest will feature some of the stories from Pixar Animation Studios in new ways at both Disneyland and Disney California Adventure Parks. Look for characters and experiences from films such as Disney•Pixar’s “Toy Story,” “Monsters, Inc.,” “Finding Nemo” and “Up.”
Pixar Fest Food
Cocoa churro found in Frontierland at Disneyland park for Pixar Fest
Pork chop TV dinner featured at Carnation Café in Disneyland park.
Fried Ricksen Bologna Sandwich: A NOT TO BE MISSED fried bologna sandwich at Carnation Café in Disneyland park for Pixar Fest.
Cafe Orleans Cheese Platter – specialty cheese flight at Café Orleans in Disneyland park.
Shrimp Ratatouille Byaldi at Café Orleans in Disneyland park.
Deviled Eggs and Toast – at Cove Bar (March 16 to end of May) and then when the location transforms to Lamplight Lounge opening June 23, 2018 in Disney California Adventure park.
Tuna Poke at Cove Bar (March 16 to end of May) and then when the location transforms to Lamplight Lounge opening June 23, 2018 in Disney California Adventure park.
Alien Macaroon – found in Tomorrowland at Disneyland Park.
Green Pesto Pasta – found in Tomorrowland for Pixar fest.
Lotso Churro – strawberry churro in Tomorrowland at Disneyland park. If Latos tasted like a churro, I am sure this is what he would taste like. If you like the Lotso Churro, you are going to love my Churro Chex Mix Recipe.
Lotos Funnel Cake – strawberry funnel cake at Hungry Bear Restaurant at Disneyland park.
Pixar Fest Float – a root beer float served in a Souvenir Woodys Boot at Golden Horseshoe at Disneyland park. What a great reusable souvenir to take home to remind you of the delicious treats at Pixar Fest.
Pixar Fest Celebration Cake, inspired by the familiar yellow Pixar Ball, at Plaza Inn at Disneyland park and Boardwalk Pizza & Pasta at Disney California Adventure park.
Berry funnel cake to celebrate Pixar Fest can be enjoyed at Golden Horseshoe, Disneyland park.
The New Fireworks Show at Pixar Fest in Disneyland Resort
A new fireworks show, “Together Forever – A Pixar Nighttime Spectacular,” will celebrate Pixar stories through the decades as it lights up the sky over Disneyland. You will be sure to see the Pixar characters they’ve come to know and love. Along with dazzling fireworks and memorable music, a heartwarming story celebrates friendship, an ever-present concept in Pixar animation.
“Together Forever – A Pixar Nighttime Spectacular” invites guests to embark on an emotional journey that begins with the meeting of unlikely Pixar pals and follows their adventures as they overcome obstacles and forge everlasting friendships. “Together Forever” comes to life through projections on iconic park locations: Sleeping Beauty Castle, the water screens of the Rivers of America, the façade of “it’s a small world” and the buildings of Main Street, U.S.A.
The grand tradition of Tinker Bell flying over Sleeping Beauty Castle also gets a Pixar twist, with a special flyover by none other than, Buzz Lightyear!
Pixar Fest Parades
Never before seen parade, “Pixar Play Parade” will make its way through Disneyland Park and it’s being led by someone brand new for the park. The parade will begin just as all Pixar films have, with an appearance by the iconic and adorable Pixar Lamp.
Rolling ahead of the famous lamp will be the familiar yellow Pixar Ball.
Also joining the parade are characters from the beloved film, “Up.” Wilderness Explorer Russell will appear astride the colorful flightless bird, Kevin. Carl Fredricksen and Dug follow behind, amid green foliage and snipe chicks, with Carl’s tethered house floating above.
“Inside Out” also joins the “Pixar Play Parade,” with Joy and Sadness perched atop colorful memory orbs as they take flight aboard Bing Bong’s rocket wagon, with Bing Bong himself cheering them on.
Paint The Night Returns To Disneyland Resort
Hold on to your hats because also on April 13, “Paint the Night” parade returns! This time there will be 1.5 million, brilliant LED lights and catchy tunes at Disney California Adventure.
“Paint the Night” parade features pals from:
- Toy Story
- Monsters, Inc
The Incredibles Are Coming to Paint The Night
In June a new, high-energy float inspired by “The Incredibles” will add to the fun. Mr. Incredible, Mrs. Incredible and Frozone will showcase their superhero awesomeness as they take on their newest threat, the Underminer. Violet, Dash and Jack-Jack also showcase their unique powers in surprising new ways, as shown through dynamic and innovative visual technology.
Like the other elements in this spectacular parade, this new float will come to life through a series of dazzling LED lights, new music elements and high-tech, pop-art effects inspired by the mid-century-modern style of the films.
Here are some snippets from the previous Light The Night Parade in Disneyland Resort:
Updated Rides for Pixar Fest, Disneyland Resort
- Buzz Lightyear Astro Blasters: In this interactive attraction, guests fire lasers to help battle Evil Emperor Zurg, who is trying to steal the batteries from helpless toys.
- Finding Nemo Submarine Voyage: Guests take a submarine voyage to explore the world of Nemo and his underwater friends.
- “it’s a small world”: Woody, Jessie and Bullseye from “Toy Story” are among the many toys and dolls found in this classic attraction.
- Character encounters with Pixar pals: Guests can continue to meet Merida from “Brave” in Fantasyland and Woody and Jessie from “Toy Story” in Frontierland.
- “Fantasmic!”: Favorite Pixar characters appear in the finale of “Fantasmic!” nightly on the Rivers of America.
At Disney California Adventure
- Cars Land: Guests step into the world of Radiator Springs with three attractions plus themed shopping and dining locations across 12 acres.
- Toy Story Mania!: Guests shrink to the size of toys and take aim at objects to score points in 4D midway-inspired carnival games hosted by the characters from the “Toy Story” films.
- “a bug’s land”: Shrinking to the size of a bug, guests experience this story through family-friendly attractions.
- Monsters, Inc. Mike & Sulley to the Rescue!: Guests take a wild taxi ride through Monstropolis with Mike and Sulley as they search for their lost human friend, Boo.
- Turtle Talk with Crush: Crush, the sea turtle from “Finding Nemo,” interacts with guests in live, real-time, animated conversations.
- DJ’s Dance ‘n Drive: Interactive dance party in Cars Land gets guests moving to the music.
Incredibles 2 Coming To Theaters June 15
Pin To Pinterest: