After Christmas and Easter, there is always leftover ham. Not wanting one ounce of that delicious ham to go to waste, including the ham bone, I put together a list of delicious Recipes That Use Leftover Ham. Soups, pot pie, fried rice, casseroles and biscuits are just a few suggestions.
Recipes That Use Leftover Ham
- Ham and Pineapple Pasta Salad – Hawaiian pasta salad is the perfect ham and pineapple pasta salad recipe for using up leftover ham. Served it cold on a hot day for an easy side dish that everyone will love. While this pasta salad is not a traditional Hawaiian recipe the flavor combination of ham and pineapple is.
- Pot Pie. Using Leftover Ham – This is the ‘slippery version’. If you live in Pennsylvania Dutch Country you know exactly what I am talking about. If you don’t… this is the version with out a crust. The crust is actually IN the pie. A boiled crust there for it is ‘slippery’. Get it?!
- Crockpot Ham And Potato Soup -This cheesy crockpot ham and potato soup uses up leftover ham, potatoes, corn and peas. Set your crockpot in the morning and come home to delicious soup your whole family will love.
- Croque-monsieur Egg Rolls -Croque-monsieur egg rolls have all the delicious flavors of ham, gruyere, and béchamel in an egg roll wrapper. Serve warm and crispy as the perfect appetizer or game time snack.
- INSTANT POT SPLIT PEA SOUP (MADE WITH A LEFTOVER HAM BONE)– The pressure cooker cuts the cooking time in half and imparts the flavor of the ham into every scrumptious bite. It’s so simple, but SO delicious. And it’s ridiculously easy to make!
- SLOW COOKER CAJUN HAM & BEANS– Nobody wants to spend all weekend cooking a big holiday meal only to turn around and spend the next week in the kitchen trying to use up the leftovers. This is an easy recipe!
- HAWAIIAN FRIED RICE – Everything is awesome about it from the breading around the chicken to the sauce. It is possible to make better than takeout at home!
- HAM & CHEESE LASAGNA– Instead of a traditional red sauce, this ham version of lasagna is made with a Monterey Jack cheese-infused white sauce. After stirring in chopped ham and some mushrooms, it then goes the traditional lasagna route by layering that yummy sauce up with cooked lasagna noodles.
- Cheesy Ham & Asparagus Quiche – A creamy Parmesan layer is topped with an egg and cream custard that is studded with leftover ham and topped with fresh asparagus.
- Ham & Cheese Biscuits– These Ham & Cheese Biscuits make a great on the go breakfast item or a perfect side to a lunch or dinner.
- HAM AND CHEESE TORTELLINI– Loaded with ham, peas and cheese-filled tortellini- it is a sure winner for lunch or dinner.
- HONEY HAM, GOUDA, AND APPLE QUESADILLAS – They come together in only a few minutes without much fuss or mess. Not to mention, they use up some of that leftover ham. Served with a side of arugula salad, they make a perfect Easter leftover meal!
- HAM & SWEET POTATO BISCUITS– The combination of the salty ham with the sweet biscuits is just pure magic!
- DEVILED HAM RECIPE – Gather the ingredients – ham, celery and an onion. Toss everything in your food processor. It does all the work for you
- CUBAN HAM SALAD – If you’ve got some extra ham to use up and are looking for a quick and easy recipe, you should try this Cuban ham salad. It’s perfect for picnics, potlucks and just nights when you need food on the table in a flash.
- SLOW COOKER CHEESY HAM CHOWDER – Even if you don’t have any leftover ham, it’s perfect to make on a chilly weeknight, and hearty enough to feed your whole family!
originally published Jan 1, 2018
Sarah Mock is a classically trained Chef and graduate of Johnson & Wales University. A culinary blogger for 12 years Sarah helps the home cook prepare her recipes with professional results.