It’s back-to-school season and whether your kids returned to the classroom in the middle of July or are not heading back until after Labor Day, chances are, your shopping routine is going to change.
I know that my summer routine is way different in comparison to when my kids are in school. Summers include lazy mornings, snacking all day and late dinners. The snack cabinet is always hanging open and we are usually asking what to make for dinner around 6:30.
When we get back to a school routine, breakfasts have to be quick and complete, lunches need to be allergy-friendly and dinners are planned….most of the time.
I know every family’s list may look a bit different but here is a sample of what I have on my list.
Back To School Kitchen Stock Up List:
- Nut Butter
- Whole Grain Bread
- Cheese Sticks
- Coffee (how else am I going to be awake to get them to school!?)
- Fruit cups
- Nutrigrain bars
- Granola Bars
- Tri Color Pasta
- Pasta Sauce
- Dried Cranberries
- Pudding snack packs
Don’t forget the list of school supplies that is sent home:
- Hand Sanitizer
- Paper towels
- Pencils, etc.
If you haven’t downloaded the new Flipp! app to your smartphone you should do that right now. Here are the downloads for the App Store and Google Play. Flipp is an app that helps me create shopping lists, search for coupons to load and compare deals in my area. All from my phone! I am no longer spreading the weekly paper flyers over my kitchen counter, physically clipping the best deals and hopefully remembering to bring them with me to the store. Instead, I am flipping through the Flipp app, where I can browse through circulars, tap on all the deals I need, and create my shopping list.
Did you see my back-to-school grocery haul? I saved over $34 on this order, without any effort!
How Flipp Makes Shopping Easier
- Just type in your zip code and Flipp brings all of your local flyers from your area straight to your fingertips.
- Tap items in the flyer to add them to your shopping list.
- Type in your grocery list or take a photo of a handwritten list and Flipp transcribes it into a digital list.
- Invite others in your household to add to the list with the Family Sync feature. Everyone gets a say in what to purchase at the store… and nothing is forgotten at the store.
- AND the Store Mode feature will sort your list by aisle so you don’t miss an item.
Back To School Recipes
I am sure your household is just as hectic as mine is when it comes to back to school. New bus pick up time, after school activities not to mention a new homework routine. Change is everywhere and you may not have the energy to search for new recipes for back to school.
I have a few suggestions:
- Homemade Seasoned Ranch Cheese Crackers (great for lunches and after school snack)
- Refrigerator Apple Bran Muffins (my kids eat these on the drive to school)
- One Pot Chili Mac And Cheese
- Bacon Cheddar Breakfast Cups (see why bacon is on my list!)
- Taco Stuffed Shells (Leftover for lunch in a thermos!)
- Slow Cooker Cilantro Lime Chicken (because sometimes you need slow cooker help)
What do you think? Have you tried the new Flipp! App? Download it today and share how much you saved!