This is a two ingredient easy appetizer for brunch, a bridal shower or just for you with a glass of bubbly. Delicate ruffles of homemade mascarpone cheese sit on top of fresh strawberries. This appetizer could also easily be the perfect dessert for your next dinner party.
Be sure to start with my homemade mascarpone cheese recipe, it is so easy, you will want to keep it in your refrigerator at all times. If you love strawberries as much as I do you will surely be making my strawberry rhubarb crisp recipe, homemade strawberry vodka and strawberry jam with sure jell.
Strawberries With Mascarpone Cheese
An easy appetizer or quick dessert is strawberries with mascarpone cheese. Fresh strawberries topped with mascarpone cheese ribbons make a beautiful presentation for tea time. Strawberries and mascarpone cheese compliment each other with sweet and creamy tang of fresh made mascarpone cheese. A super simple dessert.
Homemade mascarpone cheese
If you want to make your own mascarpone cheese I have a recipe for you! I used non-ultra pasteurized cream but I have read where some people have luck with ultra pasteurized. Feel free to use store bought mascarpone cheese to top your strawberries! It is not always available where I live.
I scooped one cup of mascarpone cheese into my Kitchen Aid and with the whisk attachment, and whipped it until a medium peak formed. Place in a pastry bag fitted with a coupler and a rose tip. With a wiggle motion, pipe the mascarpone cheese on the strawberries. I have seen strawberries stuffed with mascarpone cheese but I found that if you pipe the mascarpone cheese on the tip of the strawberry, they easily stand up on the stem end. When they are stuffed IN the stem end, they don’t stand up as cute.
More Sous Vide Recipes:
- Sous Vide Turkey Breast
- Sea Bass with roasted tomatoes, corn, olives and capers
- The best eggnog recipe
- Pickled banana peppers
- Sous Vide Creme Brulee
- Sous Vide Cold Brew Coffee.
- Sous Vide Oreo Cheesecake
- Sous Vide Grapefruit Infused Gin
- Homemade cucumber infused gin
- Sous Vide Lemon Curd
- Sous Vide Pomegranate Curd Recipe
- Sous Vide Blood Orange Curd
- Sous Vide Homemade Limoncello Recipe
- How To Cook Asparagus Using Sous Vide
- Sous Vide Hollandaise
- Sous Vide Vanilla Extract
- Sous Vide Mascarpone Cheese
- Lilac Infused Alcohol
- How to perfectly cook shrimp
- Sous vide corned beef
- Whole30 Avocado Toast with a Perfectly Poached Egg
- Sous Vide Vanilla Bean Honey
- Sous Vide Infused Hot Honey
- Homemade clotted cream
- Egg yolk croquette
I serve them in a ceramic egg carton but a pretty platter would be lovely as well.
Printable Strawberries with Mascarpone Recipe:
- 1 cup mascarpone cheese
- 1 pound strawberries
- I scooped one cup of mascarpone cheese into my Kitchen Aid and with the whisk attachment, and whipped it until a medium peak formed.
- Place in a pastry bag fitted with a coupler and a rose tip. With a wiggle motion, pipe the mascarpone cheese on the strawberries.
Amount Per ServingCalories 289 Saturated Fat 15g Cholesterol 56mg Sodium 32mg Carbohydrates 9g Fiber 2g Sugar 5g Protein 4g
Pin to Pinterest: