I should have had a Venta humidifier, air purifier in my home sooner.
I like to share the good things I discover and how they work for my family. I was introduced to the Venta Airwasher last summer and it has taken me THIS long to write about it because I kept finding things I love about the Venta Airwasher. I didn’t want to leave anything out.
You read that right. Venta is the maker of an Airwasher. It is more than a humidifier and more than an air cleaner. It humidifies while purifying the air in your home of dust, allergens, pollen and air particulate. Venta is a must if you have seasonal allergies or dry, itchy winter skin.
I remember humidifiers that billowed out plumes of moisture, just to have it lay on the windowsills in the house. My mom would have bath towels around the humidifier just to catch the drips as the moisture fell from the air. This is not that way with the Venta Airwasher. The particulates that are released from the unit are so small, I am barely able to see them. I ran the Airwasher all winter long and not once, did I have my windows condense with moisture from the house being too full of humidity.
Not once did I have to lay down a towel to collect the moisture as it fell from the air. The Venta Airwasher is so efficient that it doesn’t need to a layer of protection around it.
My daughters and I have very dry and itchy skin in the winter. It is quite uncomfortable and we are doing everything we can to help alleviate the discomfort. Moisturizing body washes and lotions have been our go-to in years past but not this year. In fact I remember traveling this winter and wanting to get home to the comfort of my own home. Not for the furnishings and familiar surroundings but just so my skin could feel better. I was physically more comfortable when I had the Venta Airwasher running.
I was astounded at how messy the water was when the red indicator light came on. The red indicator light is the signal that the Airwasher is in need of refilling. The first time I opened the top the water was downright murky. It was full of dust and I am sure allergens. But what I was shocked to see was 3 fruit flies and 2 pieces of my hair. It pulled fruit flies out of the air! I was partially grossed out and partially impressed.
If I was seeing fruit flies in the water reservoir, what was I NOT seeing?!
TIPS & TRICKS FOR THE ULTIMATE ENJOYMENT OF YOUR VENTA AIRWASHER
1. The only needed daily maintenance for your Venta Airwasher is to fill it with water. Nothing needs to be emptied! We recommend establishing a regular time each day for “Airwasher watering”, so it becomes a part of your daily routine.
2. In order for your Airwasher to establish a steady moisture level in your home, it is best to run the Airwasher around the clock for several days after you receive it.
3. When filling your Airwasher with water, make sure that the upper housing containing the motor and cord is AT A DISTANCE. A few customers have caused electrical issues with their Airwasher by accidentally getting moisture on their motor when filling their unit.
4. The optimal placement for your Airwasher is two feet from the wall, with neither of the vented sides facing the wall. This will ensure that the Airwasher is able to properly circulate the air. (See pictures below for correct Airwasher placement.)
5. It is recommend to empty and cleaning your Airwasher every 10-14 days. This involves emptying out whatever water is left in your unit at the time, as well as the old Water Treatment Additive, which does not evaporate. The bathtub or a deep sink is a great place for this bi-monthly cleaning. Simply empty your Airwasher, rinse out the inside, add fresh Water Treatment Additive, fill it right back up and you’re good to go! When a deeper cleaning is occasionally needed, put some white vinegar and water on a cloth and use that to wipe the inside of your unit. Another option is the dishwasher: Every part of your Airwasher, with the exception of the motor and cord, is dishwasher safe. Do not use detergent and make sure you use the lowest heat option available.
6. Don’t forget to register your unit by filling out the warranty card from your Owner’s Manual and sending it it. This will activate the ten-year warranty for your Airwasher.
7. If you’re interested in adding fragrances to the perfectly humidified air coming from your Venta Airwasher, they have their own 100% natural, essential oils that have been developed and tested specifically for use in the Venta Airwasher. These are the only fragrances approved by Venta for use in the Airwasher and are available for purchase on their website or by calling our Customer Service Team at 888-333- 8218.
8. The Venta Airwasher is a 24-hour- a-day, 7-days- a-week, 365-days- a-year product. Our revolutionary cold evaporation humidification method ensures that it will never over humidify your home. Your Airwasher does not force moisture into the air as other humidifiers do. When your room air is perfectly hydrated, it will simply stop taking moisture, and your unit will continue its purification of your environment.
9. Questions? Comments? Concerns? The friendly Venta Customer Service Team is standing by to assist you. Call us at 888-333- 8218 or email us at [email protected]