Why We Love Our Amazon Prime Membership
We have had Amazon Prime for the past 10 years, at least. I can honestly say we definitely get our monies worth with this membership! The membership costs $119 per year and before you balk at the membership price check out all you get:
Amazon Prime membership benefits:
- FREE 2-day shipping. I can not tell you HOW many times were have gotten items shipped to us in 2 days. If it is on Amazon Prime, we need it (or don’t need it) we will buy it. Car parts, household supplies, craft items, costumes, personal care, tech items. We LOVE the 2 day shipping options. BUT if you are in even more of a hurry you can get 1 day shipping for as low as $2.99 per item. Pretty sweet deal!
- Prime Instant Video. YUP. included in your subscription is Prime Instant Video. Thousands of titles to choose from. The selection of movies and TV shows available with Prime Instant Video is always changing–new titles are added to the Prime Instant Video catalog, and occasionally titles are removed. (so watch them while you can!)
- Prime Music. We don’t use this feature as much as we should but it is still a benefit to the membership. Prime Music provides unlimited, ad-free access to Prime Playlists and more than a million songs and albums at no additional cost for active Amazon Prime members in the U.S. Prime members can play Prime Music on compatible devices that support Amazon Music, including Fire phone, Fire Tablets, Amazon Fire TV, Fire TV Stick, Amazon Echo, iOS devices, Android smartphones and tablets (v.4.0 and above), PC, Mac, and the Amazon.com website. On phones and tablets with the Amazon Music app installed, Prime members can also download Prime Music for offline playback. Downloaded Prime Music can only be accessed within the Amazon Music app and cannot be exported.
- Kindle Lending Library. Choose from ones of thousands of titles from the Kindle Lending Library. I LOVE this feature if you want to take a book with you on vacation or catch up on your favorite best seller BUT you don’t want to have to BUY the book. The kicker is that you can only borrow 1 book per month from the Lending Library so choose carefully! BUT you can share that book between the devices you have registered to your Amazon account.
- Twitch Prime. Free game content every month, member exclusive discount on new release video games and loads more. Free 2 hour delivery for Twitch members and teens can get Twitch for free when parents have Amazon prime.
So what do you think?
Is it worth the $99 investment?
Is the Amazon prime membership worth it?
Think about how many items you have shipped to your house.
What do you pay in shipping per month?
Is it more than $119?
What about having the convince of items showing up in 2 days? What is the value in that!? For me the connivence of not having to run all over town to pick up items is well worth the membership cost. The Instant videos, Music and lending library are just a bonus to me!
But what if you don’t have $119 to plop down for the membership?
Start with a 30 day trial and see if it works for you. But don’t forget to set a reminder to cancel it if you don’t want to be charged. But I can assure you, you will want to keep the membership.
For more ways we save you need to check out my post on transferring your home number to a Google Voice number!