This post is part of a partnership with Wyndham Garden Lake Buena Vista. All opinions are my own.
The Wyndham Garden Lake Buena Vista is an official Walt Disney Resort Hotel as well as a Disney Springs Resort Area Hotel and is 10 miles from the Universal Orlando theme parks. The Wyndham Garden Lake Buena Vista is one of the best-kept secrets when it comes to a budget-friendly hotel with all the perks of a moderate resort.
The Wyndham Garden Lake Buena Vista is a short 7-minute walk to Disney Springs and all the shopping, nightlife and restaurants that my family loves to enjoy when we visit the Orlando Area. A paves sidewalk leads to a stair tower along with a handicap accessible elevator before you walk over a covered bridge to the back entrance of Disney Springs.
What safety procedures have been put in place at Wyndham Garden Lake Buena Vista during COVID -19?
When we arrived at the hotel for our stay it was evident to us that the hotel had the safety of its guests and employees top of mind. We were greeted by a bellhop wearing a mask and invited into the hotel through an entrance only door. Greeted by a hand sanitizer station, signage and floor sticker guides led us to the check-in desk where there were more hand sanitizer stations, partitioned off front desk check-in stations and every hotel team member was wearing a mask over their mouth and nose.
More safety instructions upon check-in:
- Avoid entering if you have a cough or fever
- Social Distancing is important. Maintain a minimum six-foot distance from others at all times. If 2 people are already in an elevator, please wait for the next one to arrive
- Sneeze and cough into your elbow if necessary
- Do not shake hands or engage in any unnecessary contact
- Wash your hands often for at least 20 seconds
- For the latest updates on the Walt Disney World Theme Parks, please download the My Disney Experience App or visit www.disneyworld.com.
COVID-19 Pool and Spa Rules:
- Pool area is for registered guests only. No outside visitors allowed
- Pool towels are available at the front desk
- Pool Hours: 9:00am to 8:00pm
- Hotel reserves the right to close the pool at any time
- Any food and alcoholic beverages consumed in the pool area must be purchased from the Oasis Bar and Grill located poolside. No outside food and beverages are permitted in the pool area.
- Cabanas are for food and beverage dining only
- Practice safe habits per CDC guidelines. Social distancing is important. Maintain 6 feet distance from others whenever possible
- If using Spa only one family/group of 6 people or less at a time. If other guests are waiting to use the Spa, please limit your time to 20 minutes.
- See hotel for a complete list of Pool Rules and Regulations
What are the renovated rooms like at the Wyndham Garden Lake Buena Vista?
The resort features two distinct hotel offerings with many shared amenities. This guest room renovation includes 394 newly reimagined Wyndham Garden-themed rooms for the value-minded guest and another 232 rooms in the upscale Wyndham LBV tower, which features a lake house motif.
Wyndham Garden-themed rooms
The garden-themed rooms have an exterior facing garden view and provide an open and inviting space, with the intent of making guests feel more at home. Each room features a TV displayed on a backlit wood finish entertainment wall above an all-white, laminate wood, built-in storage bench accented with decorative aviary hooks. This multifunctional entertainment storage space is the perfect space to hang jackets, place luggage, and hideaway shoes in the under-bench area. Hidden spaces have also been created within the built-in entertainment center, which conceals a coffee maker and mini-refrigerator, which come standard in each room.
Wyndham LBV tower rooms
Rooms in the tower have interior facing entrances with window views that look over the pool or gardens. The lake house tower suites feature a neutral color palette, deeper wood finishes, simple lines and modern accents in keeping with a lake house ascetic.
Check availability for 2 double beds, queen bed or a king bed, to make you feel welcomed and relaxed.
What does the resort fee cover?
There is a Resort Fee of $36 per night will be added to the indicated room rate and collected at checkout. Wyndham Rewards points cannot be used to pay the Resort Fee. Guests using certain corporate, leisure or group rate plans may be charged a lower Resort Fee. The fee covers during COVID:
- 10% off food and non-alcoholic beverage purchase at the Pool Restaurant
- In-Room Wireless Internet ($15 per day savings) with unlimited devices!
- In-Room Laptop safe and refrigerator
- Local phone calls
- Disney Springs Resort Coupon Booklet
Coupons in the Disney Springs Coupon book I used:
- 20% off a single item at Sperry
- Complimentary Sangria or Tapas at Pepe by Jose Andres
- Free chocolate bar with purchase of Ghirardelli Sunday (YUMMY!)
- 20% off Joffrey’s purchase (can be used online too!!)
- Free Appetizer at the Polite Pig
Be sure to visit Splitsville Orlando when you are in Disney Springs! Sushi, bowling and burgers never went together so nicely!
All about the pools at the Wyndham Garden Lake Buena Vista
There are 2 pools and 1 whirlpool spa at the hotel. The zero-entry pool is not heated and features a Dump Bucket splash structure for families and further into the pool there is a waterfall rock centerpiece in deeper water.
The second pool is heated and and has step entry with a handicap accessible lift for alternate entry. The heated whirl pool overlooks the two pools and is great for smaller groups.
Sip and snack at the pool bar
The Wyndham Garden Lake has a recently constructed outdoor pool bar and patio. Frozen drinks, beer, wine and cocktails are available to sip in non glass containers as you lounge poolside. Check with the staff for daily specials to tempt your tummy.
More than just bar snacks, you can nosh on a cheeseburger and fries, a foot long sausage with all the fixings or even a meat free burger. I saw several plates of wings coming from the servers and if I was a wing person, I would have gotten some! Be sure to check the menu as it might be different for you at your visit.
Joffrey’s Coffee Shop In The Lobby
Get your Disney Joffrey’s coffee fix in the lobby of the Wyndham Garden Hotel. Save yourself some steps and skip Disney Springs for your Disney coffee fix. Open from 7 am until midnight Joffrey’s will serve you your favorite coffee beverage, pastry, or delicious breakfast sandwich.