Portion control your dessert with a sous vide cheesecake in a mini mason jar. Once you have sous vide cheesecake you may never bake a cheesecake again.
Sous Vide Oreo Cheesecake
This sous vide cheesecake recipe has a double stuf Oreo crust. Satisfy your Oreo cookie cheesecake sweet tooth. You will love this easy Oreo cheesecake recipe.
I have been making cheesecake for the better part of my life. Normally I would have to wrap foil around the bottom of a spring form pan and place it in a hot water bath to get even cooking and prevent cracking. It is a big mess and chances are I would have a leak. I always had a leak.
With this sous vide cheesecake method there is not leaking, there is no cracking, there is not excessive browning. There is not wondering if the center is completely set or not or if it will fall when you take it out.
Sous vide takes all the guess work out of making cheesecake.
Sous Vide Oreo Cheesecake Ingredients
- 8 oz. cream cheese, room temperature
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup sour cream (4 oz.)
- Zest of 1 lemon
- 3 Eggs
- 6 Double Stuf Oreos
Set the sous vide temperature
Place your pot on a heat protected surface.
Set the sous vide to 176 F / 80 C.
New to sous vide? I explain in simple terms everything I know about sous vide cooking.
Sous Vide Oreo Cheesecake Directions
Make the double stuf Oreo crust
- In a food processor, blend the 6 double stuf Oreos. Pulse until the Oreos make a crust that forms when squeezed.
- The extra filling will make the crust the correct consistency.
- If you don’t have the double stuf Oreos, just add a few tablespoons of melted butter.
Make the cheesecake batter
- In a food processor, blend the cream cheese and the sugar.
- Add the sour cream and blend again.
- Add the zest of the lemon
- Add the eggs one at a time and blend after each addition
- Scrape down the bowl and blend one more time.
Assemble The Cheesecakes
Press a tablespoon of the Oreo crust into the bottom of a 4 ounce mason jar.
Pour the cheesecake batter into each jar and stop just below the threads of the jar.
Wipe down the rim and place on a lid and a ring.
Lower into the sous vide water and set the timer to cook.
Make sure there is enough water in the pot to fully cover the jars.
More Sous Vide Recipes:
- Sous Vide Turkey Breast
- Sea Bass with roasted tomatoes, corn, olives and capers
- The best eggnog recipe
- Pickled banana peppers
- Sous Vide Creme Brulee
- Sous Vide Cold Brew Coffee
- Sous Vide Grapefruit Infused Gin
- Homemade cucumber infused gin
- Sous Vide Lemon Curd
- Sous Vide Pomegranate Curd Recipe
- Sous Vide Blood Orange Curd
- Sous Vide Homemade Limoncello Recipe
- How To Cook Asparagus Using Sous Vide
- Sous Vide Hollandaise
- Sous Vide Vanilla Extract
- Sous Vide Mascarpone Cheese
- Lilac Infused Alcohol
- How to perfectly cook shrimp
- Sous vide corned beef
- Whole30 Avocado Toast with a Perfectly Poached Egg
- Sous Vide Vanilla Bean Honey
- Sous Vide Infused Hot Honey
- Homemade clotted cream
- Egg yolk croquette
Sous vide the cheesecake jars
Cook the cheesecake for 60 or 90 minutes.
Remove from the water and refrigerate until chilled.
In my app it gave two different times for looking the cheesecake. I wanted to see if there was any significant difference. In my opinion there was little to no difference. But if I HAD to pick a difference I would say that the cheesecake on the right, at 90 minutes, was more dense. My take away here is that 60 minutes in minimum but 90 minutes won’t hurt anything.
I did tap the jars, ok I banged them, on the counter to remove air bubbles. Looks like I missed a few!
Garnish with extra Oreo crumb crust and enjoy!
I can tell you with confidence that if you fill the jars to just under the threads on the mason jars, there will be enough room to place a full double stuf Oreo cookie under the lid and ring. Do this only after the cheesecake has chilled completely.
Printable Sous Vide Oreo Cheesecake Recipe:
Sous Vide Oreo CheesecakePrint
- 8 oz. cream cheese room temperature
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup sour cream 4 oz.
- Zest of 1 lemon
- 3 Eggs
- 6 Double Stuff Oreos
- Set the sous vide to 176 F / 80 C.
- 60-90 minutes
Pin For Pinterest:
originally posted Jan 25, 2018