Strawberry agua fresca is the refreshing strawberry water drink served throughout Mexico and will surely be your favorite refreshing fruit water drink this summer.
Strawberry agua fresca is a popular Mexican drink made by blending fresh strawberries with water, sugar and lime juice. Sometimes, other ingredients such as mint leaves or hibiscus flowers are added to give the drink an extra burst of flavor. The result is a refreshing and sweet beverage that’s perfect for hot summer days!
- ✨ Why I love this Mexican strawberry water recipe:
- 🍓 Ingredients needed:
- 🔄 Strawberry Aqua Fresca Variations:
- 🥤 What are the different types of aguas frescas??
- 🥣 Helpful Kitchen Tools
- 🔪 How do you make strawberry agua fresca?
- ❄️ Storage tips
- 🍽️ Serving Suggestions
- 👩🍳 Chef Tip
- 📝 FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS, ANSWERS AND TIPS:
- 🍱 More Recipes To Explore
- Seafood Recipes
- Strawberry Agua Fresca Recipe
- 👩🏻🍳 Sarah Mock
✨ Why I love this Mexican strawberry water recipe:
- a low-calorie drink option compared to other beverages, making it a healthier summer beverage choice.
- can be easily customized to fit individual tastes and preferences. For example, some people may prefer their drinks less sweet or with added herbs like mint or basil.
- It can be made in large batches, making it perfect for serving at parties and gatherings with friends and family.
- Strawberries are widely available during the summer months when they are in season, making it a great way to use up any excess berries from your garden or local farmers’ market.
🍓 Ingredients needed:
Here is a visual overview of the ingredients in the recipe. Scroll down to the recipe at the bottom for quantities.
🔄 Strawberry Aqua Fresca Variations:
- Add lime juice for a more citrusy flavor
- Use sparkling water instead of still water for a bubbly twist
- Blend in other fruits such as mango, pineapple or kiwi to create a multi-flavored drink
- For a sweeter version, add honey or agave syrup to taste
- Garnish with mint leaves for an extra refreshing touch
🥤 What are the different types of aguas frescas??
Aguas frescas are a popular Mexican drink made from fresh fruit, water, and sweetener. Here are some different types of aguas frescas:
- 🍈 Melon : Made by pureeing ripe cantaloupe or honeydew melon with water and sugar.
- 🍍 Pineapple: Made by blending fresh pineapple chunks with water and sugar.
- 🥒 Cucumber Lime: A refreshing and hydrating drink made by blending fresh cucumber, lime juice, water, and sugar.
- 🍉 Watermelon: Made by blending ripe watermelon with water and sugar to taste.
- 🥥 Coconut: A creamy and tropical drink made with coconut milk, water, and sweetener.
- 🌶️ Mango Chile: A spicy and sweet drink made with fresh mango, lime juice, chili powder or hot sauce, and water.
- Beet: Made by blending cooked beets with water, lime juice, and sugar for a vibrant pink drink that’s both healthy and delicious.
🥣 Helpful Kitchen Tools
Blender: A blender is essential for pureeing the strawberries and mixing the drink. You can use a countertop blender or an immersion blender.
Knife and cutting board: To prepare the strawberries, you will need a knife and cutting board to remove the stems and cut them into small pieces.
Large pitcher: To mix and store your aqua fresca, you will need a large pitcher, preferably one with a lid.
Fine mesh strainer: If you prefer your aqua fresca without pulp, strain it through a fine mesh strainer before serving.
Wooden spoon or spatula: To stir in any sweeteners or other flavors as needed, use a wooden spoon or spatula.
🔪 How do you make strawberry agua fresca?
- Combine the sliced strawberries and sugar in a blender and blend until smooth.
- Add water and sugar to the blender.
- Blend until smooth.
- Taste the mixture and adjust sweetness as needed by adding more sugar or lime juice.
- Pour the mixture through a fine mesh strainer into a pitcher to remove any seeds or pulp.
- Chill in the refrigerator or serve immediately over ice.
❄️ Storage tips
To keep your strawberry aqua fresca fresh and chilled, store it in a covered container in the fridge and drink it within a few days: Aqua frescas taste best when fresh, so try to drink your strawberry aqua fresca within 3-4 days of making it.
🍽️ Serving Suggestions
Serve with ice: Aqua frescas are typically served over ice. You can either add ice cubes directly to the drink or serve it in glasses filled with ice.
Garnish before drinking: For an extra special touch, garnish your strawberry aqua fresca with fresh mint leaves or sliced strawberries just before serving.
👩🍳 Chef Tip
Shake or stir before serving. Since the fruit pulp tends to settle at the bottom of the container, make sure to give your strawberry aqua fresca a good shake or stir before pouring to distribute the flavors evenly.
📝 FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS, ANSWERS AND TIPS:
The main difference between agua fresca and juice is the amount of water used in each drink. Agua fresca, which translates to “fresh water” in Spanish, is a light and refreshing beverage made by blending fruits or other ingredients with water, sugar, and lime juice. This mixture is then strained to remove any pulp or seeds, resulting in a smooth and easy-to-drink beverage.
Juice, on the other hand, is made by extracting the juices from fruits or vegetables using a juicer or a blender. Unlike agua fresca, juice doesn’t contain any added water (unless you dilute it), so it tends to be thicker and more concentrated in flavor. Additionally, some types of juice may contain other added ingredients like sweeteners or preservatives.
Yes, agua frescas can be hydrating! Since agua frescas are made primarily with water and fresh fruit, they can help replenish fluids and electrolytes lost due to sweating or other physical activity. Additionally, some fruits used in agua frescas like watermelon or cucumber contain high water content which makes them naturally hydrating.
It’s important to note that while agua fresca can be a good source of hydration, it should not replace water as the main source of fluids in your diet. Drinking enough water is essential for maintaining proper bodily functions and preventing dehydration. Nevertheless, agua fresca is a refreshing way to stay hydrated on hot summer days or after exercise!
Unlike soda, which is high in sugar and calories, agua fresca typically contains less sugar and calories because it’s made with fresh fruit and water (with added sugar to taste). Additionally, the natural flavors in agua fresca come from fresh ingredients rather than artificial flavors found in soda.
🍱 More Recipes To Explore
- 35 Easy Imitation Crab Recipes To Try Beyond Seafood Salad 🦀
- 41 Smoked Salmon Recipes (Easy)
- Easy Crispy Popcorn Shrimp Recipe
Strawberry Agua Fresca Recipe
There is more to a recipe than just the recipe card. Frequently Asked Questions within the blog post that you may find helpful. Simply scroll back up to read them!
- 4 cups water
- 2 cups strawberries (sliced)
- ½ cup sugar
- Limes (sliced optional)
- mint sprigs (optional)
- Add the water, sugar, and strawberries to a blender and blend until smooth (about 60 seconds).4 cups water, ½ cup sugar, 2 cups strawberries
- Pour into glasses, garnish with a lime slice and mint sprig, if desired, and enjoy!Limes, mint sprigs
Nutritional facts are estimates and are provided as a courtesy to the reader. Please utilize your own brand nutritional values to double check against our estimates. Nutritional values are calculated via a third party. Changing ingredients, amounts or cooking technique will alter the estimated nutritional calculations.
Sharing of this recipe to social media is both encouraged and appreciated. Please share the direct link back to the recipe. Copy/Pasting and/or screenshots of the recipe to any social media is strictly prohibited. Content and photographs are copyright protected. SavoringTheGood®
👩🏻🍳 Sarah Mock
Sarah Mock is a classically trained Chef and graduate of Johnson & Wales University. A culinary blogger for 14 years Sarah helps the home cook prepare her recipes with professional results.
Leave a Reply