If you are gluten free or a lover of gluten, you are going to eat up this easy homemade black bean hummus recipe. The beautiful thing about this recipe is that it can be made in less than 5 minutes in the food processor. I dare you not to eat the whole batch on one sitting.
You are going to want to serve your black bean hummus on my homemade black bean burger. The two are a protein powerhouse! If you can’t get enough black beans in your diet be sure to make my crock pot black bean soup recipe. Or a summer favorite, black bean, corn, mango salsa!
Easy Homemade Gluten Free Black Bean Hummus Recipe
I rounded out the flavor profile with a couple cloves of roasted garlic.
Gluten Free Black Bean Hummus Recipe Ingredients:
- 1 (15oz) can Black beans, drained and rinsed
- 2 Tablespoons Tahini
- Juice of 1 lime (1/2 a lime if it is a big lime)
- 3 cloves roasted garlic. (Learn how to easily roast your own from this blog post)
- 1/2 Teaspoon Cumin
- 1/2 Teaspoon Chili Powder
- 2 Tablespoons Olive oil
- 1/4 large bunch of Cilantro
- Salt and pepper to taste
How to make black bean hummus:
- Rinse and pat dry the cilantro. (I even use the stems of the cilantro for this recipe!)
- Drain and rinse the black beans.
- Use the blade attachment in the bowl of your food processor, place all the ingredients in the bowl of the food processor.Secure the top of the food processor.
- Turn your food processor on and allow to process until your desired texture.
- Scrape down the sides of the bowl and pulse a few more time.
What is the best texture for black bean hummus?
This is the texture I am looking for when making this recipe. If you like it a little softer or looser, add a few more tablespoons of olive oil.
Gluten Free Hummus Dippers
The black bean hummus is gluten free but what about your dippers? Let’s keep the entire snack gluten free and sip with Chickbean Crisps or BeanStalks from Saffron Road Food. I serve this recipe with Saffron Road Chickbean Crisps or BeanStalks. The Beanstalks give 3-4 grams of plant based protein per serving and come in three flavors. Barbeque, Sea Salt and Cheddar. Sea Salt is my favorite! (I ate the whole bag…. that it why it is not in this photo)
The Beanstalks combine green peas, cannellini beans and pinto beans into a crunchy stalk of goodness all while having 50% less fat than potato chips. The Chickbean Crisps are made from lentils, yellow peas, chickpeas, and sweet potato flour. You can SEE the legumes in the crisps and I LOVE that. Bonus points for Saffron Road Food for making sure the crisps have 4 grams of fiber and 2 grams of protein per serving.
These crunchy chickpeas would be great as a topper to your black bean hummus but I use them as a healthy snack in my house. If I didn’t love them enough for their 6 grams of plant based protein per serving I am DEFINITELY loving that they are not only NON GMO certified but Ifanca certified. More reason to open the bag and dig right in.
Don’t you want to just dig in?!
Pin to Pinterest:
Serving Size: 1/4 cup
Amount Per Serving:Calories: 130 Total Fat: 6g Saturated Fat: 1g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 5g Cholesterol: 0mg Sodium: 225mg Carbohydrates: 16g Fiber: 6g Sugar: 0g Protein: 6g