Crockpot Chicken Corn Soup
I woke up this morning to the rain hitting the windows and I knew it was go into be one of ‘those’ days. You know the ones. The days where you just want comfort food and Netflix all day long.Where you just want to pull the covers over your head and only come out to get more food or to check to see if the rain had stopped.
But having 3 kids and a husband this was NOT going to be happening today. But just because I couldn’t spend all day with the covers pulled up to my chin did not mean we could enjoy comfort food! One of our favorite fall comfort foods is chicken corn soup. Oh the layers of flavor! The tender chicken, the homemade broth, the al dente carrots and the noodles to make your belly feel full.
With just a few steps of preparation the soup was in the crockpot in no time!
- 3 Chicken Breasts
- 1 small onion, diced
- 1 cup sliced celery
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 2 carrots, diced
- 8 cups chicken stock (My homemade recipe)
- 1 small can creamed corn
- 1 16 oz bag frozen corn
- 1/4 pound angel hair pasta, broken in pieces
- Sauté onion and carrots until tender. (if you don’t have time for this just skip it. It just add another layer of flavor but not necessary)
- Add all ingredients to a slow cooker, including the raw chicken breast.
- Cook on low for 6-8 hours.
- Before serving remove the chicken breasts and shred them. Read how I shred chicken breasts in under a minute.
- Return the shredded chicken to the pot.
- Add the broken pieces of angel hair pasta to the slow cooker and cook for an additional 10 minutes.
- Adjust seasoning to taste with salt and pepper.
Check out these for Thanksgiving:
Pin this for next year:
Are you in need of a Crockpot/Slow cooker? Here are some that might fit your needs: