Hersheypark in the Dark takes place on Friday through Sundays in October and November and is a sweet addition to your fall travel plans. Family friendly fall themed fun ,rides, food and activities will be sure to be part of your fall family traditions.
Is Hersheypark in the Dark Scary?
Hersheypark in the dark is not meant to be scary. The theme is fall fun, sweet treats and a family friendly Halloween theme. You will see families dressed up in all sorts of halloween costumes and you will find the occasional teenager with a scary mask or frightful costume but the majority of the costumes that families wear, if they choose to wear, are all family friendly.
What do tickets for Hersheypark in the dark cost?
If you have a Hersheypark season pass Hersheypark in the dark is INCLUDED with your pass. The prices for Hersheypark in the dark tickets for 2020 is $44.95 plus tax for ages 9 to 61 (compared to $51.15) and $36.95 for ages 3 to 8 and ages 62 and older (compared to $40.15). Children 2 and younger are free. Current Season Pass Holders can enjoy unlimited visits to Hersheypark In The Dark as part of their year-long perks.
Does Hersheypark decorate for Halloween?
Hersheypark is decorated for Halloween with hundreds of pumpkins, dried corn stalks and other family friendly fall and Halloween decorations. The decorations are a blend of fall, Halloween and Hershey themes.
Will there be Halloween themed food for Hersheypark in the dark?
Festive food and beverage offerings, such as Pumpkin King Size Shakes, pumpkin funnel cakes and s’mores made with cookies and peanut butter cups, will be available for purchase.
Is Hersheypark open on Halloween?
This year Halloween falls on a Thursday and Hersheypark in the dark is only open from Friday to Sunday.
What rollercoasters are open during Hersheypark in the dark?
13 roller coasters will be open (weather permitting) for guests to enjoy with unique dark ride opportunities during Hersheypark in the dark. You can experience a lights-out ride on three wooden roller coasters during the last hour of operation each evening. The indoor glowing Laff Trakk coaster will also be dark throughout Park operation.
New for 2020 – seasonal events will mark the first time that guests can experience an all-new region at Hersheypark, featuring an entirely reimagined arrival experience, Candymonium hypercoaster, the iconic Kisses Fountain, a new home for the 101-year-old Carrousel, new shopping locations, the first-ever Starbucks inside the Park, a virtual reality experience, and more!
Do they give out candy at Hersheypark in the dark?
Hersheypark does hand out candy to guests 12 and under on the trick-or-treat trail called Treatville. There are 13 spooky stops set up for children 12 throughout Treatville, the trick-or-treat trail in Hersheypark, ZooAmerica North American Wildlife Park and Hershey Hallow in Hershey’s Chocolate World Attraction.
Do you need to wear a costume to Hersheypark in the dark?
Costumes are welcomed but not required to receive a free treat bag or enter the park. The Hershey characters do wear a mask and sometimes a cape to keep with the Halloween theme.
Hersheypark in the dark dates for 2020:
Hersheypark In The Dark will be open for five weekends starting Oct. 2, 2020, and extending through Nov. 1, 2020; hours vary by day.
Is Zoo America open for Hersheypark in the dark?
Not only is Zoo America open for Hersheypark in the dark, but it is INCLUDED in the price of admission. Bring your flashlight to ZooAmerica for a nighttime tour during the Creatures Of The Night attraction. This unique Halloween-themed experience is the only time of year ZooAmerica is open after dark. Separate admission is also available at the zoo’s off-street entrance.
Does Hershey’s Chocolate World participate in Halloween?
Hershey’s Chocolate World Attraction will offer these special events this fall:
- Flavors of Fall Fest (Select dates from September – November during operating hours)
- Guests can bite into the delicious flavors of fall and try limited edition sweet and savory dishes from Hershey’s Kitchens.
- Trick-or-Treat Adventure (Oct. 18-20, Oct. 25-27 and Nov. 1-3 at select times)
- Children 12 and under can enjoy a treat at three trick-or-treating stops in Hershey Hallow at Hershey’s Chocolate World (with additional stops in Treatville inside Hersheypark with paid admission).
- Trick-or-Treat Trolley (Select dates and times in October and November)
- The Hershey Trolley Works’ Trick-or-Treat Trolley returns this year, with limited edition tours that features Milton Hershey’s life story in a fall-themed Trolley with plenty of treats and no tricks.
Halloween at The Hershey Story Museum:
Learn about the history of chocolate and chocolate-making process at The Hershey Story, the Museum on Chocolate Avenue, during two chocolate lab classes in October. (A purchased ticket is required and individuals must be at least 5 years old to enter the lab.)
- Halloween-Themed Chocolate Lab Classes will be offered daily in October. The classes include “Chocolate Cobweb Creations” and “Build a Batty Bar.”
- “Spooky Bark” Chocolate Lab Class will be offered on Saturdays and Sundays in October at 2:30 p.m. Class participants will mold their own milk chocolate bar and top it off with a variety of Halloween candy pieces.
Will the Hershey gardens decorate for Halloween?
Hershey Gardens, a 23-acre botanical display garden, will host Pumpkin Glow, a special, family-friendly event on Oct. 18, 19, 25 and 26 from 6:00 p.m. to 8:30 p.m. (check back for 2020)
Hershey Gardens will light up the night with more than 200 carved, illuminated pumpkins on display throughout the Gardens’ pathway. Kids are encouraged to bring a flashlight and dress in costume. Trick-or-treaters can collect candy at eight stations along the pathway and enjoy themed jack-o-lantern displays. Live cartoon characters will also greet guests.
- On Oct. 25 and 26 only, celebrity pumpkin carver Danny Kissel will be onsite carving his fantastical, whimsical creations. Lebanon County Career & Technology Center students will be giving pumpkin carving demonstrations on all four nights.
How are The Official Resorts of Hersheypark celebrating Halloween?
- The Hotel Hershey and Hershey Lodge will offer a Hersheypark In The Dark package on Friday and Saturday nights from Oct. 18 through Nov. 3. The package includes deluxe accommodations, breakfast with Hershey Characters, admission to Hersheypark In The Dark, admission to Hershey Gardens and admission to the Museum Experience at The Hershey Story Museum.
- Hersheypark Camping Resort campground will offer a Buy 2 Nights, Get 1 Free promotion from Sept. 2 through Dec. 31 for all sites and cabins booked by Oct. 31. Guests who stay during the Halloween season (Oct. 18 through Nov. 3) will experience Halloween-themed campground fun, including site decorating contests, trick-or-treating, costume contests, pumpkin decorating and more! Blackout dates may apply.
Pin to Pinterest:
originally published October 2013.