Make chick-fil-a sauce at home with this copycat recipe. Combine mayo, BBQ sauce, yellow mustard, and a dash of lemon juice to make one of the most popular fry dipping sauces.
This sauce is a cross between a smoky barbecue sauce and a creamy honey-mustard, with just a hint of acid from the lemon. Make your own Chic-Fil-A sauce at home!
- ✨ Here is why this recipe is amazing:
- 🥫 Ingredients needed:
- 📝 Ingredient notes:
- 🔄 Substitutions
- 🔪 How to make chick-fil-a sauce, basic instructions
- 📷 Making copycat chic-fil-a sauce, photo instructions
- ❄️ Storage Tips
- 🥄 What to serve with Chic-Fil-A sauce:
- 📝 Frequently asked questions, answers and tips:
- Chick-Fil-A Sauce
- 👩🏻🍳 Sarah Mock
✨ Here is why this recipe is amazing:
- Tastes JUST like Chic-Fil-A sauce!
- Perfect for dipping more than fries.
🥫 Ingredients needed:
Here is a visual overview of the ingredients in the recipe. Scroll down to the recipe at the bottom for quantities.
📝 Ingredient notes:
- Mayonnaise - I use a full-fat mayo and love to use Duke's but use the mayonnaise that your family loves.
- BBQ-Sauce - for this recipe I used a store-brand barbecue sauce.
- Mustard - yellow mustard is used in this copycat recipe. See the substitutions for other options.
- Honey - I will always advocate using local honey because you are supporting a local beekeeper as well as being sure that it is pure honey.
- Lemon juice - bottled lemon juice is what I used for this recipe. I would say that fresh is not called for like it is in my lemonade popsicles.
Everyone likes to make their fry sauce their own with a special twist. Your special twist could be switching out dijon mustard or whole grain mustard for the yellow mustard. BUT plain yellow mustard is more authentic.
🔪 How to make chick-fil-a sauce, basic instructions
- In a medium bowl, whisk together all the ingredients until combined.
📷 Making copycat chic-fil-a sauce, photo instructions
In a medium bowl, add all the ingredients.
Using a whisk, whisk together all the sauce ingredients until they are well combined.
Serve with your favorite fries, chicken strips and it's even delicious on salads!
❄️ Storage Tips
Store in the refrigerator in a closed container or a squeeze bottle for up to 2 weeks.
🥄 What to serve with Chic-Fil-A sauce:
The classic waffle fry is what I serve with this CFA sauce. Don't forget about chicken nuggets, a chicken sandwich, use it as a sandwich spread, instead of mayonnaise, sweet potato fries or tater tots! Anything you can dunk or needs a savory spread Chick fil a sauce will be delicious.
📝 Frequently asked questions, answers and tips:
Simple, yellow mustard is what chic fil a uses to make their special sauce.
👩🍳 Chef Tip
- Make a double batch so that you can keep the leftovers in the fridge and use it all week.
- Want it a bit smoky in flavor? Try adding a drop of your favorite liquid smoke to the recipe.
There is more to a recipe than just the recipe card. Frequently Asked Questions within the blog post that you may find helpful. Simply scroll back up to read them!
HELPFUL KITCHEN TOOLS
- 1 c mayo
- ½ c honey
- ½ c bbq sauce
- 4 tablespoon yellow mustard
- 2 tablespoon lemon juice
- In a bowl mix together all the ingredients until smooth. Serve with your favorite fries, chicken and it's even good on salads!
Nutritional facts are estimates and are provided as a courtesy to the reader. Please utilize your own brand nutritional values to double check against our estimates. Nutritional values are calculated via a third party. Changing ingredients, amounts or cooking technique will alter the estimated nutritional calculations.
Sharing of this recipe to social media is both encouraged and appreciated. Please share the direct link back to the recipe. Copy/Pasting and/or screenshots of the recipe to any social media is strictly prohibited. Content and photographs are copyright protected. SavoringTheGood®
👩🏻🍳 Sarah Mock
Sarah Mock is a classically trained Chef and graduate of Johnson & Wales University. A culinary blogger for 13 years Sarah helps the home cook prepare her recipes with professional results.
Leave a Reply