Mexican corn dip has all the flavors of Mexican street corn, is a family favorite and usually disappears faster than it should. This easy appetizer features Mexicorn, roasted green chilies as well as shredded cheese.
I serve my Mexican corn dip with Fritos but any scoop-able chip will work. If you like a dip appetizer or snack, you will want to make pizza dip on the grill! If you want to dip more chips scoop up my favorite black bean salsa recipe.
Mexican Corn Dip Recipe
This dip is great for not only football games and potlucks but for munching on while watching Netflix. I will say that this dip is truly addictive!
What is in Mexican Corn Dip?
- Sour Cream
- Cheddar Cheese, shredded
- Green Onions, chopped
- Jalapeno pepper, minced (optional)
- Roasted Green Chillies, chopped
- Mexi-Corn, drained
- garlic powder
- creole seasoning
How to make Mexican Corn dip
- Open and drain the Mexi-corn.
- In a large bowl, combine all the ingredients. The jalapeno pepper is completely optional, but I highly recommend it.
Tips for making Mexican corn dip:
- The Mexi-corn is found next to the regular canned corn in the canned vegetable aisle.
- Don’t forget to drain the water off of the Mexi-corn. The dip will be too ‘loose’ if you don’t drain the water off of the corn.
- Allow the dip to chill out in the refrigerator for at least an hour. Overnight is best but it is rare I can wait that long.
What chips are best with Mexican Corn dip?
I am a huge fan of the Fritos Scoops! The shape is perfect and the corn crunch is the perfect complement to this dip. Also…get the party size bag….you will need it. But if you can’t find Fritos Scoops! go for a cup-shaped corn chip. I have done traditional tortilla chips and while they are good, and will work in a pinch, a corn chip is NEEDED for this recipe.
Truth be told, I don’t normally garnish the dip with shredded cheese and extra sliced green onions BUT for the sake of pretty pictures, I did just this once.
Can this dip be made in advance?
When you are prepping for a party or a family event it is always nice to do as much work ahead of time so you can enjoy your guests. Making appetizers, including dips in advance is always a good idea.
This dip can be prepped in advance to help save you time. I make this dip the night before storing in the refrigerator in a closed container and then giving it a quick stir before placing it in my favorite serving bowl.
Garnish with extra shredded cheese and sliced green onions if you want.
How long can this dip sit out?
Safe food handling practices are always imperative to keeping you, your family and your guests healthy. Keeping foods chilled is always recommended but there are occasions that room temperature serving is needed.
Diary based food, such as this dip, can be room temperature for a maximum of 4 hours in its lifetime. If it takes you 10 minutes to make this dip, and the ingredients are room temperature, you now have 3 hours 50 minutes this dip can sit out at room temperature before it can be thrown out.
If your dip is out at room temperature for more than the recommended time, placing it back in the refrigerator to chill down will not extend the time it can be out in the open. Time does not start over if you rechill the food.
More dip recipes to serve at a party:
Printable Mexican Corn Dip Recipe:
- 1 cup Sour Cream
- 1 cup Mayonnaise
- 2 cups Shredded Cheddar Cheese
- 5-6 Green Onions, chopped
- 1 Jalapeno, minced (optional)
- 1 4 oz. can Roasted Green Chillies, chopped
- 2 12 oz. can Mexi-Corn, drained
- 3/4 teaspoon cumin
- 3/4 garlic powder
- 3/4 creole seasoning
- In a large bowl, combine all the ingredients.
- The jalapeno pepper is completely optional, but I highly recommend it.
- The Mexi-corn in found next to the regular canned corn. Don't forget to drain the water off of the Mexi-corn. The dip will be too 'loose' if you don't drain the water off of the corn
- Allow the dip to chill out in the refrigerator for at least an hour. Over night is best but it is rare I can wait that long.
Serving Size:1/4 cup
Amount Per Serving:Calories: 180Total Fat: 15gSaturated Fat: 5gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 9gCholesterol: 23mgSodium: 271mgCarbohydrates: 9gFiber: 1gSugar: 2gProtein: 4g
Nutritional facts are just estimates. Please utilize your own brand nutritional values to double check against our estimates.