Pumpkin muffins made with cake mix combine canned pumpkin puree, a box of cake mix and a bit of pumpkin pie spice mix for an easy and delicious fall cake mix muffin.
These muffins will make it to the Thanksgiving table but for a savory roll, I will be serving Rhodes rolls because they come out perfect every time. Whipped butter would be perfect on both of these rolls.
- ✨ Here is why this cake mix pumpkin muffins recipe is amazing:
- 🥫 Ingredients needed to make cake mix muffins with pumpkin:
- 📝 Ingredient notes:
- 🔄 Substitutions
- 🔪 How to make cake mix muffins, basic instructions
- 📷 Making pumpkin muffins with cake mix, photo instructions
- ❄️ Storage Tips
- 📝 Frequently asked questions, answers and tips:
- 👩🏻🍳 Sarah Mock
✨ Here is why this cake mix pumpkin muffins recipe is amazing:
- Two simple ingredients, plus a bit of spice, is all you need to make these easy pumpkin muffins.
- A great addition to your fall breakfast.
- Easy for kids to help make.
- No additional eggs, milk or oil is needed.
🥫 Ingredients needed to make cake mix muffins with pumpkin:
Here is a visual overview of the ingredients in the recipe. Scroll down to the recipe at the bottom for quantities.
📝 Ingredient notes:
- 1 box yellow cake mix (you DO NOT need the ingredients on the back)
- 1 (15 oz.) can of pumpkin puree - NOT Pumpkin Pie Filling. There is extra sugar in the pie filling and we do not want that in this recipe.
- 1 tsp. Pumpkin pie spice
Gluten-free - For a gluten-free muffin, use a gluten-free cake mix.
Chocolate pumpkin muffins - For an added bit of sweetness, stir in a ½ cup of chocolate chips.
🔪 How to make cake mix muffins, basic instructions
- Prepare a muffin tin and preheat the oven to 350.
- In a large mixing bowl combine all the ingredients. The batter will be thick.
- Scoop batter into each muffin cup and bake at 350 for 22-25 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
📷 Making pumpkin muffins with cake mix, photo instructions
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees and spray a muffin tin with non-stick spray.
2. In a large mixing bowl, whisk together cake mix, pumpkin puree, and pumpkin pie spice.
3. The dough will be thick. Switch to a rubber scraper to scrape down all the ingredients into the bowl, if the whisk is not getting the job done.
4. Use a cookie scoop to scoop dough into the muffin tin, dividing evenly between the 12 cups.
5. Bake for 22-25 minutes, until a toothpick inserted in the middle of a cupcake comes out clean.
❄️ Storage Tips
Store in an air-tight container on the countertop or for longer shelf life, store in a closed container in the refrigerator for up to 5 days.
📝 Frequently asked questions, answers and tips:
For this recipe, you do now need to add any additional eggs, water, oil or butter. Just the powdered cake mix is needed.
No Problem! Switch out the yellow cake mix for a spice cake mix.
👩🍳 Chef Tip
Pumpkin Muffins with Cake Mix
There is more to a recipe than just the recipe card. Frequently Asked Questions within the blog post that you may find helpful. Simply scroll back up to read them!
- 1 box yellow cake mix you DO NOT need the ingredients on the back
- 1 15 oz. can of pumpkin puree
- 1 tsp. Pumpkin pie spice
- Preheat your oven to 350 °F degrees
- Spray a muffin tin with non-stick spray and add cupcake liners to the muffin cups and spray the liners with non-stick spray as well.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together cake mix, pumpkin puree, and pumpkin pie spice. The dough will be thick.1 box yellow cake mix, 1 15 oz. can of pumpkin puree, 1 tsp. Pumpkin pie spice
- Use a cookie scoop to scoop dough into the muffin tin, dividing evenly between the 12 cups.
- Bake for 22-25 minutes, until a toothpick inserted in the middle of a cupcake comes out clean.
Nutritional facts are estimates and are provided as a courtesy to the reader. Please utilize your own brand nutritional values to double check against our estimates. Nutritional values are calculated via a third party. Changing ingredients, amounts or cooking technique will alter the estimated nutritional calculations.
Sharing of this recipe to social media is both encouraged and appreciated. Please share the direct link back to the recipe. Copy/Pasting and/or screenshots of the recipe to any social media is strictly prohibited. Content and photographs are copyright protected. SavoringTheGood®
👩🏻🍳 Sarah Mock
Sarah Mock is a classically trained Chef and graduate of Johnson & Wales University. A culinary blogger for 13 years Sarah helps the home cook prepare her recipes with professional results.