Nothing is more frustrating when you are making stuffed cabbage rolls than when your cabbage leaves tear to shreds before you can roll them. Here are easy step by step instructions on how to remove cabbage leaves from a head of cabbage with out tearing them.
You will get a perfect cabbage leaf cup every time.
How to remove cabbage leaves without tearing.
- Bring water to a boil.
- Insert a skewer or fork into the core of the cabbage.
- Dunk the cabbage in the simmering/boiling salted water.
- Remove from the simmering water.
- Slice the stem of the leaf away from the core of the cabbage.
- Remove the loosened cabbage leaf.
- Repeat with each layer of the cabbage.