If you're anything like me, making Beef Wellington feels like a little triumph. I mean, who doesn’t love that delicate pastry, succulent beef, and scrumptious duxelles?
Don’t lose this recipe! Enter your email below and we will email this recipe to you, plus more yummy recipes weekly.
However, choosing the right side dish to go with it can be just as important (and sometimes as tricky) as perfecting the Wellington itself. So, if you've found yourself scratching your head over what to serve alongside this beauty, this list has got you covered!
- Best Side Dishes to Serve with Beef Wellington
- 🥔 Potato Side Dishes for Beef Wellington
- 1. Sous Vide Potatoes with Rosemary
- 2. Twice Baked Potato Casserole with Bacon
- 3. Ham and Potato Soup
- 4. Dauphinoise Potatoes (Potatoes au Gratin)
- 5. Miso Garlic Mashed Potatoes
- 6. Honey Bacon Roasted Potatoes
- 7. Potato Knishes
- 8. Sweet and Spicy Mexican Roasted Sweet Potatoes
- 9. Roasted Garlic Mashed Potatoes
- 10. Crispy Potato Rosti
- 🥦 Vegetable Side Dishes for Beef Wellington
- 11. Smashed Brussel Sprouts
- 12. Crunchy Onion Rings
- 13. Zucchini Fritters
- 14. Roasted Brussels Sprouts and Broccoli
- 15. Sous Vide Cauliflower
- 16. Restaurant Fried Green Beans
- 17. Roasted Asparagus
- 18. Butternut Squash Fritters
- 19. Lemon Parmesan Cheese Smashed Broccoli
- 20. Honey Balsamic Roasted Carrots
- 21. Savory Spanish Garlic Brussels Sprouts
- 22. Sauteed Asparagus and Mushrooms
- 23. Maple Glazed Carrots
- 24. Baked Thyme and Prosecco Parsnips
- 25. Salt and Pepper Mushrooms
- 🥗 Serve Beef Wellington with these Side Salads
- 26. Cucumber Onion Salad
- 27. Shrimp Avocado Salad with Citrus Dressing
- 28. Cold Pea Salad
- 29. Sous Vide Fajita Vegetables
- 30. Classic Caesar
- 31. Roasted Root Vegetable Side Salad
- 32. Walnut Fig Squash Kale Salad
- 33. Shaved Rainbow Carrot Sesame Salad
- 34. Brussels Sprout Slaw
- 35. Grilled Apricot Couscous Salad
- 36. Lemon Arugula Salad with Pine Nuts
- 37. Creamy Waldorf Salad
- 38. Avocado and Beet Salad
- 39. French-Style Potato and Green Salad
- 40. Baby Kale Salad with Pomegranate and Pecans
- 🍲 More of the Best Side Dishes For Beef Wellington
- 41. Yorkshire Pudding
- 42. Simple Instant Pot Brown Rice
- 43. Gigi Hadid Pasta
- 44. Dill Pickle Pasta Salad
- 45. Hawaiian Pasta Salad Recipe
- 46. Sweet Corn Risotto
- 47. Peach Prosciutto Hot Honey Orzo Salad
- 48. Quinoa Cucumber Salad with Dill, Feta, and Mint
- 49. Wild Rice Pilaf
- 50. Creamy Pumpkin Polenta
- 🥖 Savory Breads
- 51. Cheesy Eggplant Puff Pastry
- 52. Cheesy Olive Tapenade Crostini
- 53. Garlic Parmesan Dinner Rolls
- 54. Pull Apart Hatch Green Chile Cheese Bread
- 55. Italian Tomato Bruschetta
- 🥣 Sauces that Pair Well with Beef Tenderloin Dishes
- 56. Red Wine Reduction
- 57. Béarnaise Sauce
- 58. Mushroom Sauce
- 59. Mustard Cream Sauce
- 60. Vegan Hollandaise Sauce
- 📖 Recipe
- 👩🏻🍳 Sarah Mock
Best Side Dishes to Serve with Beef Wellington
I've put together some of my favorite side dishes that not only complement Beef Wellington but also make any beef dish truly memorable.
These are dishes that have passed the "family test" and have earned a solid spot on our dinner table time and time again. So, without further ado, let’s dive right in!
🥔 Potato Side Dishes for Beef Wellington
With the countless ways to prepare potatoes, it’s almost like they’re the Swiss Army knife of the culinary world.
1. Sous Vide Potatoes with Rosemary
A touch of modern cooking with that sous-vide technique, these potatoes are flawlessly tender and brimming with the aromatic hint of rosemary.
2. Twice Baked Potato Casserole with Bacon
Who can resist bacon? This twice baked recipe combines crispy bacon bits with creamy potatoes in a bake that's pure comfort.
3. Ham and Potato Soup
This might seem a little unconventional as a side, but the combo of ham and potatoes in a heartwarming soup can be a cozy addition to your dinner. Especially perfect for chilly nights!
4. Dauphinoise Potatoes (Potatoes au Gratin)
Dauphinoise Potatoes might be the elegant touch you've been looking for. Layers of thinly sliced potatoes baked to golden perfection.
5. Miso Garlic Mashed Potatoes
Give the traditional mashed potatoes an umami twist. The miso paste enriches the flavor of the potatoes, making every bite a super delightful experience.
6. Honey Bacon Roasted Potatoes
Sweet, salty, and oh-so-crispy, these roasted potatoes are a flavor bomb. The honey and bacon combo? Absolutely irresistible.
7. Potato Knishes
A bite-sized treat filled with creamy potato goodness. If you've never tried a knish, now's the perfect time!
8. Sweet and Spicy Mexican Roasted Sweet Potatoes
If you’re looking to introduce a hint of sweet and spicy to the table, these roasted sweet potatoes are the way to go.
9. Roasted Garlic Mashed Potatoes
Elevate your mashed potatoes by adding roasted garlic. It brings out a beautiful sweetness and nuttiness that complements so well with the creaminess of the spuds.
10. Crispy Potato Rosti
Imagine hash browns, but elevated. This Swiss potato dish is crisp on the outside, tender on the inside, and a delight throughout.
🥦 Vegetable Side Dishes for Beef Wellington
These aren't just any veggies—they're spectacular, flavorful, and sure to wow your guests.
11. Smashed Brussel Sprouts
Remember the days when we'd push our sprouts around the plate? Well, not anymore. These smashed goodies are crisp on the edges, flavorful, and will have everyone asking for seconds.
12. Crunchy Onion Rings
Now, I know what you're thinking. "Onion rings? Healthy?" But here's the twist: they’re air-fried! Less oil, all the crunch, and just downright delicious. A perfect indulgence that won’t weigh you down.
13. Zucchini Fritters
If you haven’t tried these golden little patties, you're in for a treat. They're light, savory, and a great way to sneak in those greens. Top with a dollop of yogurt or sour cream, and you've got a winner.
14. Roasted Brussels Sprouts and Broccoli
Why have one veggie when you can have two? The roasting brings out the nutty goodness, impressing even the most adamant veggie haters.
15. Sous Vide Cauliflower
Cauliflower can be quite the chameleon, and in this recipe, it becomes unbelievably tender and flavorful. If you've got a sous vide machine, this one's a must-try.
16. Restaurant Fried Green Beans
Another delicious, crispy veggie treat. Just like those fancy restaurants, but in the comfort of your home.
17. Roasted Asparagus
Simple, elegant, and always a classic. A drizzle of olive oil, a sprinkle of sea salt, and you've got a side dish that speaks volumes in flavor.
18. Butternut Squash Fritters
Sweet butternut squash in a fritter? Yes, please! Perfectly crispy on the outside, soft on the inside.
19. Lemon Parmesan Cheese Smashed Broccoli
Broccoli doesn’t have to be boring. With a zesty lemon touch and a sprinkle of Parmesan, this will totally be the star on your table.
20. Honey Balsamic Roasted Carrots
Carrots roasted to perfection, glazed with a sweet and tangy honey balsamic dressing. It’s simple but makes quite the statement.
21. Savory Spanish Garlic Brussels Sprouts
Take a trip to Spain without leaving your kitchen. The garlic infusion adds a depth that's hard to resist.
22. Sauteed Asparagus and Mushrooms
Two of my favorites in one dish. The earthy mushrooms complement the fresh asparagus perfectly. It's a match made in veggie heaven!
23. Maple Glazed Carrots
Just a touch of maple syrup elevates the humble carrot into a side dish worthy of any feast.
24. Baked Thyme and Prosecco Parsnips
Parsnips, often the unsung heroes of the root vegetable world, get a touch of glamor in this recipe. The Prosecco and thyme add a twist that's both wonderfully festive and delish.
25. Salt and Pepper Mushrooms
I've been loving this simple recipe—just mushrooms seasoned perfectly with salt and pepper and maybe a touch of garlic if you're feeling fancy. They're a dream, a crunchy, umami-filled dream.
🥗 Serve Beef Wellington with these Side Salads
Meaty mains and refreshing salads; it’s the age-old duo!
26. Cucumber Onion Salad
There's nothing like a refreshing cucumber salad to cleanse the palate. The tanginess of the onions combined with the cool cucumbers is the perfect summer treat.
27. Shrimp Avocado Salad with Citrus Dressing
A vibrant, fresh salad that screams summer. Every bite is a burst of amazing flavors—tangy citrus, creamy avocado, and succulent shrimp.
28. Cold Pea Salad
Sometimes the classics just hit the spot. This cold pea salad is creamy, cool, comforting, and just delightful.
29. Sous Vide Fajita Vegetables
Fancy a little south-of-the-border twist? These veggies are a burst of color and flavor, perfectly seasoned and just the right texture.
30. Classic Caesar
Sometimes the oldies are the goodies. This salad never fails—crunchy croutons, crisp lettuce, and that iconic dressing? Superb!
31. Roasted Root Vegetable Side Salad
Autumn in a bowl, that’s what this is. Those root veggies are caramelized to perfection and just pop with flavor. It’s the kind of warmth and heartiness you need on a chilly afternoon.
32. Walnut Fig Squash Kale Salad
Walnut Fig Squash Kale Salad balances sweetness, nuttiness, and earthiness in every bite. It's a hearty, flavorful, and absolutely beautiful side.
33. Shaved Rainbow Carrot Sesame Salad
This salad is vibrant, refreshing, and offers a delightful crunch. Plus, sesame gives it that little extra something.
34. Brussels Sprout Slaw
Thinly sliced and mixed with a tangy dressing, this slaw is crunchy, zesty, and full of surprises.
35. Grilled Apricot Couscous Salad
Sweet and smoky grilled apricots, fluffy couscous, a splash of herbs—this salad is what Mediterranean dreams are made of.
36. Lemon Arugula Salad with Pine Nuts
The peppery arugula, zesty lemon, and crunchy pine nuts create a light and invigorating side dish perfect for a refreshing bite.
37. Creamy Waldorf Salad
Crunchy apples, plump grapes, and creamy dressing—it's a dance of textures and flavors that your kids will absolutely adore!
38. Avocado and Beet Salad
Creamy avocado meets earthy beets in this yummy salad. It's a visual treat that's well-balanced and energizing.
39. French-Style Potato and Green Salad
A twist on the traditional potato salad with some crisp greens added for good measure. It's hearty but fresh, the perfect combination to complement that Beef Wellington.
40. Baby Kale Salad with Pomegranate and Pecans
The deep reds of the pomegranate seeds, the crunch of the pecans, and the tender baby kale leaves create a harmony in your mouth. It's the kind of side dish that'll make your guests go, "Oh, what is this?!"
🍲 More of the Best Side Dishes For Beef Wellington
These grains and starchy sides are appetizing, comforting, and every bit as spectacular as your main dish.
41. Yorkshire Puddingframeborder="0">
There's no better pair for a Beef Wellington than a classic Yorkshire pudding. Fluffy, golden, and with that unmistakable airy center, it's like a warm hug for your taste buds.
42. Simple Instant Pot Brown Rice
Now, I know brown rice might sound a tad bit plain, but trust, it's all about the texture and the subtle nuttiness.
43. Gigi Hadid Pasta
This pasta is creamy, spicy, and every bit as glamorous as its namesake. It's a modern classic, if you will. And next to Beef Wellington? Positively runway-worthy.
44. Dill Pickle Pasta Salad
An unexpected twist on the classic pasta salad, this dish has got zing. It's refreshing, with a hint of nostalgia. Perfect for those warm evenings when you want something hearty but not too heavy.
45. Hawaiian Pasta Salad Recipe
Sweet pineapples, creamy dressing, and that delightful pasta—it's a tropical escape minus the hassle of booking a flight.
46. Sweet Corn Risotto
Corn and risotto, two of my favorites coming together in a creamy, dreamy dish. Each spoonful is a symphony of flavors and textures, with the corn adding that lovely sweet pop.
47. Peach Prosciutto Hot Honey Orzo Salad
Sweet peaches, salty prosciutto, and spicy honey over delicate orzo? Absolutely yes!
48. Quinoa Cucumber Salad with Dill, Feta, and Mint
While quinoa is all the rage these days for its health benefits, this salad makes it a star for its taste. Fresh dill, tangy feta, and revitalizing mint? So refreshing.
49. Wild Rice Pilaf
This isn't your everyday rice. Paired with some herbs and maybe some dried fruits or nuts, it's a side dish that'll leave an impression.
50. Creamy Pumpkin Polenta
Imagine the smoothness of polenta with the sweet, earthy taste of pumpkin. It's comfort in a bowl, and a heartwarming side for your exquisite beef dish.
🥖 Savory Breads
What better way to soak up the juicy flavors of beef wellington than with a piece of bread?
51. Cheesy Eggplant Puff Pastry
The light and flaky layers of the puff pastry combined with the deliciousness of eggplant and cheese? Heavenly!
52. Cheesy Olive Tapenade Crostini
These crostinis are a fiesta of flavors. Crunchy, cheesy, and topped with that flavorful olive tapenade, they're a delightful little tease before the dinner party.
53. Garlic Parmesan Dinner Rolls
Nothing says comfort like freshly baked bread. Add in garlic and Parmesan? You're in for a treat.
54. Pull Apart Hatch Green Chile Cheese Bread
Spicy, cheesy, and oh-so-indulgent, this bread is for those who love a little kick with their meal.
55. Italian Tomato Bruschetta
The refreshing taste of ripe tomatoes, a hint of garlic, a sprinkle of basil, and a generous drizzle of olive oil on a toasty slice of Italian bread. Each bite is like a mini trip to a warm summer's day in Italy.
🥣 Sauces that Pair Well with Beef Tenderloin Dishes
Wondering what to serve to elevate a beef tenderloin dish? At your next dinner party, choose an easy to prepare sauce to spoon alongside your beef Wellington.
56. Red Wine Reduction
A favorite in many households, and for a good reason! This sauce, with its deep flavors and velvety texture, can make your beef tenderloin even more luxurious.
57. Béarnaise Sauce
This is the crème de la crème of steak sauces. With its creamy texture and a delicate blend of tarragon and shallots, it's the perfect accompaniment to a well-cooked tenderloin.
58. Mushroom Sauce
Mushrooms have this natural umami, which pairs beautifully with the notes of a the beef. I can practically hear the sizzle of the beef and the simmer of the sauce just thinking about it!
59. Mustard Cream Sauce
The piquancy of mustard balanced with the silkiness of cream is just divine. It adds a sharpness to the beef that makes every bite a taste sensation.
60. Vegan Hollandaise Sauce
Creamy, tangy, and utterly delightful, Vegan Hollandaise Sauce will pleasantly surprise your guests. Perfect for those looking for a dairy-free option without compromising on taste.
Don’t lose this recipe! Enter your email below and we will email this recipe to you, plus more yummy recipes weekly.
Side Dishes to Serve with Beef Wellington
There is more to a recipe than just the recipe card. Frequently Asked Questions within the blog post that you may find helpful. Simply scroll back up to read them!
- Sous Vide Potatoes with Rosemary
- Twice Baked Potato Casserole with Bacon
- Ham and Potato Soup
- Dauphinoise Potatoes (Potatoes au Gratin)
- Miso Garlic Mashed Potatoes
- Honey Bacon Roasted Potatoes
- Potato Knishes
- Sweet and Spicy Mexican Roasted Sweet Potatoes
- Roasted Garlic Mashed Potatoes
- Crispy Potato Rosti
- Smashed Brussel Sprouts
- Crunchy Onion Rings
- Zucchini Fritters
- Roasted Brussels Sprouts and Broccoli
- Sous Vide Cauliflower
- Restaurant Fried Green Beans
- Roasted Asparagus
- Butternut Squash Fritters
- Lemon Parmesan Cheese Smashed Broccoli
- Honey Balsamic Roasted Carrots
- Choose your favorite recipe.
- Gather the ingredients.
- Make the recipe according to the recipe instructions.
Nutritional facts are estimates and are provided as a courtesy to the reader. Please utilize your own brand nutritional values to double check against our estimates. Nutritional values are calculated via a third party. Changing ingredients, amounts or cooking technique will alter the estimated nutritional calculations.
Sharing of this recipe to social media is both encouraged and appreciated. Please share the direct link back to the recipe. Copy/Pasting and/or screenshots of the recipe to any social media is strictly prohibited. Content and photographs are copyright protected. SavoringTheGood®
👩🏻🍳 Sarah Mock
Sarah Mock is a classically trained Chef and graduate of Johnson & Wales University. A culinary blogger for 14 years Sarah helps the home cook prepare her recipes with professional results.