Frozen onion rings made in your air fryer are the best onion rings you have ever had! Crispy air fryer onion rings are the healthier version of the deep fried onion rings served at your favorite restaurant.
This is an easy air fryer recipe that I am able to let my kids make with minimal supervision.
While you have your air fryer out you are going to want to make my recipe for philly cheesesteak egg rolls, and a few goat cheese medallions to add to your salad throughout the week. Don't forget to bookmark my Thanksgiving egg rolls and buffalo chicken dip egg roll recipes. All are air fryer friendly.
- ✨ Here is why this recipe is amazing:
- 🧅 Ingredients needed:
- 📝 Ingredient notes:
- 🔪 How to make air fryer frozen onion rings, basic instructions
- 📷 Making Frozen Onion Rings In Air Fryer, photo instructions
- ♨️ Reheating Instructions
- 📝 Frequently asked questions, answers and tips:
- 👩🏻🍳 Sarah Mock
✨ Here is why this recipe is amazing:
- Take help from frozen breaded onion rings to get crunchy onion rings on the table in minutes. No prep is needed!
- The perfect side dish or a great appetizer for game day.
- Frozen air-fried onion rings are so much easier to make than your own homemade onion rings. But make what you like.
🧅 Ingredients needed:
Here is a visual overview of the ingredients in the recipe. Scroll down to the recipe at the bottom for quantities.
📝 Ingredient notes:
- Frozen onion rings come in a variety of flavors and from many manufacturers. Find a brand or variety that you will love.
- No extra oil is needed. The manufacturer of your frozen onion rings will have oil as part of the ingredient list. The air fryer will heat that oil and 'fry' your onion rings with the circulating heat.
🔪 How to make air fryer frozen onion rings, basic instructions
- Preheat your air fyer to 400 F.
- Add onion rings to the air fryer.
- Shake the basket or flip the onion rings ½ way through the cook time.
- Serve with your favorite dipping sauce.
📷 Making Frozen Onion Rings In Air Fryer, photo instructions
Cook time, temperature and doneness will vary depending on the brand of frozen onion rings you use, along with the brand of your air fryer.
- Preheat your air fryer to 400 f.
2. Add frozen onion rings to the air fryer basket or tray in a single layer or only fill the basket halfway.
3. Air fry the onion rings for 5 minutes.
4. After 5 minutes, flip the onion rings or shake the basket.
6. Air fry for an additional 4 minutes or until your desired crispness is reached.
7. Serve with your favorite dipping sauce.
♨️ Reheating Instructions
One of my favorite ways to use my air fryer is to reheat my french fries and onion rings from my favorite restaurants and fast-food place.
Preheat your air fryer to 350 and add your onion rings to the air fryer. Reheat for 5 minutes or until they are sizzling.
I have also put my leftover onion rings in a cold air fryer and then preheat the oven to 350. By the time the air fryer has heated, the onion rings are reheated. Results will vary.
📝 Frequently asked questions, answers and tips:
You do not need to thaw frozen onion rings first. The frozen onion rings are made to be the crispiest when they are cooked straight from frozen.
Be sure your frozen onion rings are in a single layer in the air fryer basket tray if using an air fryer oven and no more than half full if using an air fryer basket. There needs to be space for the hot air to circulate.
👩🍳 Chef Tip
I will put my leftover onion rings in a cold air fryer and then preheat the oven to 350. By the time the air fryer has heated, the onion rings are reheated. Results will vary.
Air Fried Onion Rings
There is more to a recipe than just the recipe card. Frequently Asked Questions within the blog post that you may find helpful. Simply scroll back up to read them!
- 1 bag Onion Rings (frozen)
- Preheat your air fryer to 400 °F1 bag Onion Rings
- Add frozen onion rings to the air fryer basket or tray in a single layer or only fill the basket halfway.
- Air fry the onion rings for 5 minutes.
- After 5 minutes, flip the onion rings or shake the basket.
- Air fry for an additional 4 minutes or until your desired crispness is reached.
- Serve with your favorite dipping sauce.
Nutritional facts are estimates and are provided as a courtesy to the reader. Please utilize your own brand nutritional values to double check against our estimates. Nutritional values are calculated via a third party. Changing ingredients, amounts or cooking technique will alter the estimated nutritional calculations.
Sharing of this recipe to social media is both encouraged and appreciated. Please share the direct link back to the recipe. Copy/Pasting and/or screenshots of the recipe to any social media is strictly prohibited. Content and photographs are copyright protected. SavoringTheGood®
👩🏻🍳 Sarah Mock
Sarah Mock is a classically trained Chef and graduate of Johnson & Wales University. A culinary blogger for 13 years Sarah helps the home cook prepare her recipes with professional results.