Heaven on earth cake, with strawberries, is an easy no-bake dessert made with angel food cake, strawberry pie filling, vanilla pudding and whipped topping.
This easy layered dessert can be assembled in a baking dish or showcased in a glass trifle bowl.
Other no-bake desserts you will need to make include no-bake peanut butter pie, blueberry delight, golden graham s'Mores bars and rainbow Jello squares.
✨ Here is why this recipe is amazing:
- This is the heaven on earth cake recipe with strawberries my grandmother made for my summer birthday party.
- Keep the oven off and keep your kitchen cool with this no-bake dessert.
- Switch out the pie filling for a different flavor to make a variation of this heaven on earth cake.
🍓 Heaven On Earth Cake Ingredients:
Here is a visual overview of the ingredients in the recipe. Scroll down to the recipe at the bottom for quantities.
📝 Ingredient notes:
- Angel Food Cake - take help from the bakery at the grocery store and use a premade angel food cake.
- Instant Vanilla Pudding - Adding a creamy, sweet layer to this trifle dessert instant vanilla pudding mix makes quick work of making pudding for this cake.
- Sour Cream - Balance out the sweetness of the dessert with a bit of tartness brought by the sour cream.
- Milk - Dairy milk is used in this recipe to be whisked together with the instant vanilla pudding, substitute in a diary substitute if that is your preference.
- Strawberry Pie filling - I will use a store-bought pie filling, found in the baking isle, to quickly assemble this easy no bake dessert cake.
- Non -Dairy Whipped topping - commonly known as Coolwhip, found in the freezer section. Be sure to defrost it completely before spreading it over the dessert.
I suggested purchasing a store-bought angel food cake for this recipe but if you have a homemade angel food cake recipe that you like to use, use that recipe. Cherry pie filling, blueberry pie filling or lemon pie filling are all delicious substitutes for the strawberry pie filling in this cake.
🔪 How to make strawberry heaven on earth cake
- Whisk together the vanilla pudding, milk, and sour cream until smooth. Set aside.
- Cut the angel food cake into cubes and spread half of it into the bottom of the pan.
- Spread ⅔ of the strawberry pie filling over the cake and then layer the remaining angel food cake over it.
- Spread the vanilla pudding mixture over the cake layer and then top it with the Cool Whip.
- Drop spoonfuls of the remaining strawberry pie filling over the cake to garnish it.
- Refrigerator for 4-6 hours.
- Before serving, sprinkle with slivered almonds.
📷 Heaven On Earth Cake Instructions
- In a medium mixing bowl, whisk together the vanilla pudding, milk, and sour cream until smooth and fully incorporated and it begins to thicken. Set aside.
2. Cut the angel food cake into 1-inch cubes with a long serrated knife, using a sawing motion to avoid crushing the cake cubes.
3. Evenly layer half of the moist angel food cake into the bottom of the baking pan.
4. Spread about ⅔ of the strawberry pie filling on top.
5. Then layer the remaining angel food cake over it.
6. Evenly spread all of the creamy vanilla pudding mixture over the cake layer
7. Top with the Cool Whip.
8. Drop spoonfuls of the remaining strawberry pie filling over the cake. Swirl the pie filling into the top of the cool whip.
9. Place in the refrigerator uncovered to chill for 4-6 hours, or even overnight for a more flavorful and moist cake. Refrigerating it will also help the layers to set.
10. Right before serving, sprinkle with slivered almonds. Enjoy!
❄️ Storage tips
Store leftovers in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 2 days. Any longer and it will start to become soggy.
I do not recommend freezing as it does not thaw well.
👩🍳 Chef Tip
If using homemade cake, allow it to fully cool before cutting it into cubes. Use a serrated blade with a sawing motion to cut the cake pieces without flattening them.
📄 Related Recipes
- Orange Fluff Salad Recipe (Orange Jello Salad)5 Minutes
- Peanut Butter Pie No Bake Recipe1 Hours 15 Minutes
- Chocolate Eclair Cake Recipe12 Hours 15 Minutes
Heaven On Earth Cake (Strawberry)
There is more to a recipe than just the recipe card. Frequently Asked Questions within the blog post that you may find helpful. Simply scroll back up to read them!
HELPFUL KITCHEN TOOLS
- 3.4 ounce Instant vanilla pudding
- 1 ½ cups whole milk
- 1 cup sour cream ( OR greek yogurt)
- 14 ounce angel food cake (cut into 1-inch cubes)
- 21 ounce strawberry pie filling
- 8 ounce non-dairy whipped topping
- 3 tablespoons sliced almonds
- In a medium mixing bowl, whisk together the vanilla pudding, milk, and sour cream until smooth and fully incorporated and it begins to thicken. Set aside.3.4 ounce Instant vanilla pudding, 1 ½ cups whole milk, 1 cup sour cream
- Cut the angel food cake into 1-inch cubes and then evenly layer half of it into the bottom of the baking pan.14 ounce angel food cake
- Spread about ⅔ of the strawberry pie filling on top and then layer the remaining angel food cake over it.21 ounce strawberry pie filling
- Evenly spread all of the vanilla pudding mixture over the cake layer and then top it with the Cool Whip.8 ounce non-dairy whipped topping
- Using a spoon, drop spoonfuls of the remaining strawberry pie filling over the cake. You can spread it around and make some swirls if you desire.
- Place in the refrigerator uncovered to chill for 4-6 hours, or even overnight for a more flavorful and moist cake. Refrigerating it will also help the layers to set.
- Right before serving, sprinkle with slivered almonds. Enjoy!3 tablespoons sliced almonds
Nutritional facts are estimates and are provided as a courtesy to the reader. Please utilize your own brand nutritional values to double check against our estimates. Nutritional values are calculated via a third party. Changing ingredients, amounts or cooking technique will alter the estimated nutritional calculations.
Sharing of this recipe to social media is both encouraged and appreciated. Please share the direct link back to the recipe. Copy/Pasting and/or screenshots of the recipe to any social media is strictly prohibited. Content and photographs are copyright protected. SavoringTheGood®
👩🏻🍳 Sarah Mock
Sarah Mock is a classically trained Chef and graduate of Johnson & Wales University. A culinary blogger for 14 years Sarah helps the home cook prepare her recipes with professional results.
you certainly can! The end result may be more 'loose' than what is pictured here, but if that is how you like it, go for it!
Can you use two cans of 21 ounce strawberry pie filling as to have more filling in it?