Jungle Juice is a type of punch that is made by mixing various types of alcohol, fruit juices, and sometimes other ingredients such as soda or energy drinks.
This recipe has two size variations, depending on the size of the crowd you are serving. The smaller recipe is perfect for poolside, at the beach or anywhere a non-glass serving container is required. The larger to-go or gallon on-the-go variation comes with a handle for easy transportation and serving.
- Here is why this jungle juice recipe is amazing:
- 🍍 Ingredients needed to make jungle juice:
- 📝 Ingredient notes:
- 🔄 Substitutions
- 🍑 How to make jungle juice to go.
- 🍓 How to make easy jungle juice for a crowd
- 🍹 Serving Suggestions
- 📝 Frequently asked questions, answers and tips:
- 📄 Related Recipes
- Jungle Juice Recipe
- 👩🏻🍳 Sarah Mock
Here is why this jungle juice recipe is amazing:
- This recipe can be a very cost-effective way to serve alcohol at parties or other large gatherings. Because jungle juice is typically made in large quantities and can be made with inexpensive ingredients, it can be a more budget friendly option than buying individual bottles or cans of alcohol.
- This is a fruity and sweet cocktail punch that goes down easy and packs a punch.
🍍 Ingredients needed to make jungle juice:
Here is a visual overview of the ingredients in the recipe. Scroll down to the recipe at the bottom for quantities.
📝 Ingredient notes:
Easy jungle juice is a punch recipe with vodka, rum, fruit juices, and other ingredients such as lemonade to make a budget party drink cocktail for a crowd.
- Fruit Punch: Just your favorite mix or brand of fruit punch. I like to see that there are a variety of fruity flavors in the mix.
- Hard Seltzer: choose a hard seltzer or White Claw that compliments or gives another layer of flavor to the mix. The fruit punch did not have mango, so I opted for a hard mango seltzer. Black cherry would have been another yummy option as there was no black cherry listed in the flavor profile of the fruit punch.
- Rum : I am using white rum for this recipe but dark rum can be used. Be aware that not everyone at the party may appreciate the kick that dark rum has.
- Triple Sec: an orange-flavored liquor. Fairly inexpensive for the volume that you can purchase.
- Vodka: a simple base alcohol that takes on the flavor of what it is added to. See substitutions below for other options.
- Fresh fruit: I like to add about 2 cups of various chopped fresh fruit to the mix. Pineapple, strawberries, mango, limes and dragon fruit are what I added to this batch.
I am sharing with you my basic jungle juice recipe. There are many variations, substitutions and mix-ins that can be used to personalize your punch. Here are just a few of those suggestions:
Vodka: switch out the plain vodka for a flavored one. Here are some of my top suggestions:
- Peach: Peach-flavored vodka can add a sweet, fruity flavor to jungle juice that complements the other fruit juices in the mix.
- Raspberry: Raspberry-flavored vodka can add a tart, tangy to the mix.
- Citrus: Citrus-flavored vodka (such as lemon, lime, or grapefruit) can add a bright, refreshing kick.
- Cherry: Cherry-flavored vodka can add a rich, sweet flavor that can add depth to the drink.
- Vanilla: Vanilla-flavored vodka can add a smooth, sweet flavor to this punch drink that can help to balance out the strong flavors of the other ingredients.
Fruit: while fresh fruit is what I use in this recipe frozen fruit is also a great option. The frozen fruit will help chill the drink and release a bit more juice to the punch as it thaws.
Mix it up by adding your favorite combination of orange slices, watermelon chunks, kiwi slices or chunks and berries such as blueberries, raspberries and blackberries. Try and help your guests out by adding a fruit that mirrors the fruit flavors in the recipe.
You can also use a combination of fresh and frozen fruit, depending on what is available and your personal preferences. Just be sure to cut the fruit into bite-sized pieces so that they are easy to eat and don't get in the way of drinking the jungle juice.
Alcohol: Other suggestions for substitutions or additions of the types of alcohol to add would be ever clear, but be super careful with ever clear as it is so strong that it is not even sold in some states. Gin and tequila have also been known to make an appearance in a jungle juice or two. Add a bottle of red wine, white wine or even a sparkling wine for some added bubbles. Beer can be added to but be careful about mixing beer and liquor.
Other add-ins: Orange juice, lemonade, sweetened tea, cranberry juice, grapefruit juice, limeade, and sodas all can be added. Be careful with your selections or just dump in what you like to make a delicious drink.
🍑 How to make jungle juice to go.
- Start with approximately ¼ of a 52-ounce container of fruit juice. Save the remaining fruit juice for additional recipes.
- Add the vodka, rum, triple sec and white claw seltzer in equal proportions until the container is almost full, leaving room for chopped fruit.
- Add chopped fruit for garnish, close the lid and chill until ready to serve.
- Serve over ice.
🍓 How to make easy jungle juice for a crowd
1. With about 4 cups of fruit punch remaining in a handled container, add the white claw or hard seltzer that compliments your recipe.
2. Add the vodka and the triple sec to the container.
3. Add the rum and any other optional ingredients or additions you are going to be using in your recipe. Add the chopped fruit and top with ice.
🍹 Serving Suggestions
Ice is an important part of this recipe. The smaller the ice, the larger the surface area and the faster the ice will melt, diluting the drink. Be sure to add ice to each serving up as there is a higher percentage of alcohol per portion.
📝 Frequently asked questions, answers and tips:
Because jungle juice can be very strong and contain a high amount of alcohol, it is important to drink it responsibly and in moderation. It is also important to be aware of the risks associated with drinking large amounts of alcohol, including the risk of possible alcohol poisoning and other negative health effects. Please enjoy responsibly.
📄 Related Recipes
- Jamaican Rum Punch Cocktail Recipe
- 35 Best Red White & Blue Mixed Drinks (Cocktails)
- Easter Cocktail Recipe
Jungle Juice Recipe
There is more to a recipe than just the recipe card. Frequently Asked Questions within the blog post that you may find helpful. Simply scroll back up to read them!
- 4 cups Fruit Punch
- 1 Spiked Seltzer
- 2 cups Vodka
- 2 cups white rum
- 1 ½ Cup Triple Sec
- 2 cups Fruit (Chopped)
- 2 cups ice
- Combine all the ingredients and serve over ice.4 cups Fruit Punch, 1 Spiked Seltzer, 2 cups Vodka, 2 cups white rum, 1 ½ Cup Triple Sec, 2 cups Fruit, 2 cups ice
Nutritional facts are estimates and are provided as a courtesy to the reader. Please utilize your own brand nutritional values to double check against our estimates. Nutritional values are calculated via a third party. Changing ingredients, amounts or cooking technique will alter the estimated nutritional calculations.
Sharing of this recipe to social media is both encouraged and appreciated. Please share the direct link back to the recipe. Copy/Pasting and/or screenshots of the recipe to any social media is strictly prohibited. Content and photographs are copyright protected. SavoringTheGood®
👩🏻🍳 Sarah Mock
Sarah Mock is a classically trained Chef and graduate of Johnson & Wales University. A culinary blogger for 14 years Sarah helps the home cook prepare her recipes with professional results.
Leave a Reply